[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Nice, gl with the t1 chaos roll. I did much the same with my gloves.
Last edited by NoImagination on Feb 20, 2021, 10:03:14 AM
Hi, thanks for the guide.

I've some few question:

Will a "Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill" be better than a DPS mod on a wand?
- Asking this because I feels that Cold Snap in CWDT seems to be unreliable in a boss fight (where we don't like to tank their hit) and we generally want the 10% increase damage (plus ailment amplify) taken on boss rather than trash mobs.

===== =====

Will a crafted Shaper/Redeemer shield better than second wand?
- I tried to put my shield in Wallach's Ritual POB (grab from poeninja), the shield seems to be giving more dps if you factor in +1 totem. (And grant blocks, and life/mana regeneration from Ritual of Awakening)

Here's my calculation:
Wrath Edge Profane Wand
Unflasked Total DPS : 1,633,866.9
Unflasked Total DPS x 6 totem : 9,803,201.4

Shaper/Redeemer Shield
Unflasked Total DPS : 1,548,960.3
Unflasked Total DPS x 7 totem : 10,842,722.1

That's using my current shield (which the defence can be removed and craft a % cold damage ):

I didn't factor in the frenzy charges in the double wand setup because getting frenzy charges from CWDT/Triggered Cold Snap extremely unreliable during boss fight esp those doesn't spawn adds.

===== =====

On a side note, I'm currently trying to get 100% avoid ailment from boots/gloves and small cluster jewels, not sure if it worth the dps loss from not having redeemer boots (increase effect of ailment), 3 passive point, or a fettle cluster tho.

But it was nice to not worrying on ailment after switching to dps flasks:

(I personally like hybrid flask better than life ones cause it recovers the mana loss from MOM)

===== =====

Anyway, thanks for the guide again and apologies for the long post.
Last edited by the_overmind92 on Feb 21, 2021, 2:20:15 AM
"
Will a "Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill" be better than a DPS mod on a wand?

If you're using two wands, I think it's a perfectly reasonable idea. If you're using a shield, particularly the Reflection, it's harder as it uses one of your few DPS slots.

Most importantly though, remember that you can run Vaal Cold Snap, which turns it on for most boss fights or rituals when you need it.

"
Will a crafted Shaper/Redeemer shield better second wand?

The problem with this is that you don't often cast the final totem. You cast three sets of two then a fourth 'set' of one. It does help against bosses though, and that's the main time we bother to even cast our first three sets.

Given the extra defence/ES I think it's OK to do it, but it's probably a matter of preference again rather than a definite boost. I'd rather just go full on reflection and take DPS mods in the helmet instead.

"
On a side note, I'm currently trying to get 100% avoid ailment from boots/gloves and small cluster jewels, not sure if it worth the dps loss from not having redeemer boots (increase effect of ailment), 3 passive point, or a fettle cluster tho.

My approach to ailments is to kill everything first, so I haven't thought about this much. I took 'no corrupted blood' from a jewel, and a Heat life flask alongside three DPS and a quicksilver. Ignite rarely matters, though I grant you that shock does.

Perhaps it's worth getting -10% chance to be shocked implicit on all your jewels? I'm running 11 jewels that can carry an implicit, so it works out rather nicely.

I'd be concerned with losing an affix on the gloves. That can be 35% chaos resist or 60 dex. We only have four voluntary resist/dex slots on boots/gloves (alongside cold resist & damage vs. chilled), and potentially one on hat if we're taking the Reflection.
Last edited by NoImagination on Feb 21, 2021, 1:09:46 AM
Hey, was wondering what to improve next. I tried warold slamming 15 pairs of gloves which had +hits to chilled enemies, but none hit culling strike so I guess I will just buy them finished. Apart from the gloves, boots with +inc effect of ailments, bottled faith and lvl 6 woke gems is there something else that I am missing that can boost my dps?

Also is there a setting in PoB that can make me Hexproof. If I set myself being affected by Enfeeble in the Configuration tab my dps goes down
Last edited by ozmog on Feb 21, 2021, 8:33:17 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:
Perhaps it's worth getting -10% chance to be shocked implicit on all your jewels? I'm running 11 jewels that can carry an implicit, so it works out rather nicely.

Oh, thanks for the suggestion! That will free up a a suffix on my gloves for lightning resistance to allow me to craft a dps (min frenzy charge) on my magic ring. Will try to switch to an +ailment boots when I get all my jewels to have that implicit.

On a sidenote I think corrupted blood implicit was kind of a waste on a totem build.

Because most of the corrupted blood people die from are from them hitting specific bloodline/nemesis mobs, that we have no problem because we're using totem to hit. (And we're not tanking their hit either)

As for Sirus, since only the DIE BEAM got the blood, and we'll most likely die from the beam hit instead of blood anyway. So no point on getting it for that. (Consistently deathless with A9 Sirus without the implicit this league).

===

Currently deciding to non-crit craft on this wand or not (to remove multi-mod):

It will be a 50/50 chance to remove my trigger and if it remove that and hit spell crit I can't restore it without big money XD
EDIT: I DID IT!!!
Last edited by the_overmind92 on Feb 21, 2021, 8:38:04 PM
was wondering for a while, any thoughts on swapping freeze pulse to ice spear/glacial cascade? of course, swapping the two freeze pulse threshold jewels into dps crit multi jewels.

I've never tried any totem builds so I have no info about those. I think FP totems is just so much faster, but the others might do more damage?
Can anyone put a gameplay with full delirium maps?
Is it works with totems?

I've played this build few leagues ago ( a think blight last time ) and it was very smooth and funny.
"
slomkacz wrote:
Can anyone put a gameplay with full delirium maps?
Is it works with totems?

I've played this build few leagues ago ( a think blight last time ) and it was very smooth and funny.

I've done Simulacrum 20/20, Harvest Boss Fight and many Delirium Maps without dying and had no problem. The Freezing helps a lot and saves you many many times. My Gear is far from perfect but it's enough to do everything you can encounter in my opinion.
Me again and sorry for being a pain in asking basic stuff.
I'm building up a decent bank, over 11ex now, and was wondering what i should spend it on. Would like a dual watcher's eye but i doubt i will get 40 - 45ex for 1 of those. My skills may seem a little stupid but in my defense i need to point out i have some nasty arthritis in my left hand so at best i can cover 2 flasks and 2 skills only. This is why i am using the CWDT set ups.
Any help in what to do would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
im doing a crime for our build and enjoying myself trying frostbolt totems. :<

with the frostbolt threshold jewels too of course. floating bubbles looks fun on the screen

freezepulse has bit higher dmg on pob.
frostbolt has longer bigger range and is fun for clearing especially legions.

:D
Last edited by GamingCaterino on Feb 22, 2021, 6:54:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info