[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Great stuff, enjoying the build. Can you look at my setup so far and suggest the next logical increment? I know the wand needs some work and probably a better balance of res and attributes.
Hey guys - has anyone played this on HC? I have the funds to get really solid gear but I noticed that Wallach had like 3k life and 3k mana with some ES so that seems very low to me on HC. Let me know if anyone has tried this build.
"
Hey guys - has anyone played this on HC? I have the funds to get really solid gear but I noticed that Wallach had like 3k life and 3k mana with some ES so that seems very low to me on HC. Let me know if anyone has tried this build.

Didn't try this build on HC but I used to play HC for a long time so I think after playing this build extensively so far on SC this league I can give you my humble opinion.

I've died like 20 times overall so far, with most deaths coming from heists or the chaos conqueror (I'm just bad at fighting that one...). I think the build can be played rather safely (perma-freeze most content, placing totems from a safe distance, blind enemies with Pandemonius, kinda perma 3 endurance charges and having a somewhat comfortable amount of eHP (I got like 4k life, 1k Es and 3k Mana)).
To feel comfortable, you do need the high end gear but even then I would never consider it a tanky build. However, I swapped in a Rumi's to get some block going and I feel pretty safe in T16 maps.
So, in general, I think the build is a lot safer than it looks like at first glance but I personally think that enabling its full potential is difficult in HC (for example, there is only a small number of Coward's legacies& prophecies for sale to upgrade your Atziri's Mirror) as it requires certain specific uniques.

Maybe that helps you, cheers
"
mmastrocinque wrote:
Great stuff, enjoying the build. Can you look at my setup so far and suggest the next logical increment? I know the wand needs some work and probably a better balance of res and attributes.

Yeah, the wand needs a lot of love. Get a decent helmet with the right enchantment (they are rather cheap right now) and then try to fit in a second Essence Worm to be able to run Zealotry.
Next upgrades would be awakened gems (check front page for the recommended order).
Also, quality your pandemonius (ele dmg to increase cold pen).
"
Mithrandil wrote:
"

Didn't try this build on HC but I used to play HC for a long time so I think after playing this build extensively so far on SC this league I can give you my humble opinion.

I've died like 20 times overall so far, with most deaths coming from heists or the chaos conqueror (I'm just bad at fighting that one...). I think the build can be played rather safely (perma-freeze most content, placing totems from a safe distance, blind enemies with Pandemonius, kinda perma 3 endurance charges and having a somewhat comfortable amount of eHP (I got like 4k life, 1k Es and 3k Mana)).
To feel comfortable, you do need the high end gear but even then I would never consider it a tanky build. However, I swapped in a Rumi's to get some block going and I feel pretty safe in T16 maps.
So, in general, I think the build is a lot safer than it looks like at first glance but I personally think that enabling its full potential is difficult in HC (for example, there is only a small number of Coward's legacies& prophecies for sale to upgrade your Atziri's Mirror) as it requires certain specific uniques.

Maybe that helps you, cheers

Thanks for the write-up. I think hard pass for me on HC then.

managed to 6l a +2 projectile soul mantle, freezing pulse is level 27 now, very fun
I'm an old (NOOB) guy. This is my second season(Heist). I am learning but the intricacies of the game boggle my mind. Doing better this season (reach level 10 maps) but my char seems rather squishy. Following the skill guide (trying to any way). Had to take a 30 DEX node to keep gems growing. Using Arctic armor instead of Sniper Mark to reduce squishiness. Just spent 40c for Pandemonius (+33 cold damage, +37 cold resistance) and my (highlighted) damage FP dropped from 61979 to 60867. Is this worth it for the 24% extra cold penetration? Should I anoint it with Flash Freeze, or was the Pandemonius a bad purchase?

My stats: Level 89, 380 INT, 160 STR, 164 DEX, life 3906, ES 729. Resistances Fire 94, cold 101, lightning 111, chaos -40. I bought 2 ok wands, couldn't afford one with an additional attribute +1 to cold spell.

My 6-link Soul Mantle differs with 1 red socket, but a level 3 Empower I bought boosted damage a lot.

I have a little over 100c. What should buy?

Some day I'd like to reach end game, so any advice is much appreciated.
"
totalogy wrote:
I'm an old (NOOB) guy. This is my second season(Heist). I am learning but the intricacies of the game boggle my mind. Doing better this season (reach level 10 maps) but my char seems rather squishy. Following the skill guide (trying to any way). Had to take a 30 DEX node to keep gems growing. Using Arctic armor instead of Sniper Mark to reduce squishiness. Just spent 40c for Pandemonius (+33 cold damage, +37 cold resistance) and my (highlighted) damage FP dropped from 61979 to 60867. Is this worth it for the 24% extra cold penetration? Should I anoint it with Flash Freeze, or was the Pandemonius a bad purchase?

My stats: Level 89, 380 INT, 160 STR, 164 DEX, life 3906, ES 729. Resistances Fire 94, cold 101, lightning 111, chaos -40. I bought 2 ok wands, couldn't afford one with an additional attribute +1 to cold spell.

My 6-link Soul Mantle differs with 1 red socket, but a level 3 Empower I bought boosted damage a lot.

Unhide your character page and i can give you some recommendations but right now i cant see your gear or anything, you can do this by going to your account page by clicking your username in the top left. On the right hand side click on privacy settings and untick the box labeled "hide characters tab"
"
totalogy wrote:

Can't see you character but based on the above I think your damage is very low for the level you are. Second, you can change the socket colors on your Soul Mantle with chromatic orbs...getting 3 green 3 blue should not be hard at all and having the proper gem set up should help your damage I would think. Third, if you are struggling with dex you should look into a Brutal Restraint jewel.
Last edited by Tomisnic on Oct 22, 2020, 8:08:03 PM
Thanks for the reply. Didn't know how to make it public. The Soul Mantle I bought was corrupted, so I can't change the colors. I am hoping that with an Empower gem it doesn't suffer too much in damage. If this is the best way to proceed, I can try to make my original 5-link (already has 6 sockets) into a 6-link and recolor it. I guessed you would tell me to save up for better wands.

As an "Old fart" my reaction times aren't the greatest. Also I'm a lefty so most input assigned to NUMPAD. When I have to look away from the screen to press a flask is my nemesis. So I doubt I'll every be great at generating currency.

Never the less. I'll do my best to follow anything you suggest. And thanks for your guide!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info