[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
FtH_Irian wrote:
Hey guys!

I am having a blast playing this build.
Now I‘m looking for my next upgrade.

Is cowards Legacy the next one to Go?
I‘ll struggle with resists and stats if I change from my stygian vise.

Thanks a lot!

yes, cowards legacy is a huge damage boost, also your arcane surges probably shouldn't be level 20 or they're not going to be up too often.
Last edited by Frauztea on Oct 17, 2020, 6:14:15 PM
"
MarcusLO wrote:
Last time I played this build was in metamorph league where I cleared everything without getting pandemonius, coward's legacy or atziri's reflection. Now I got 1.2 mil more dps than the high-end PoB link and I still feel weak. Has FP been nerfed considerably since then, or am I doing something wrong?

Freezing pulse has only been buffed, not nerfed, your gear is good and i dont know why it would feel bad but if you want more dps the biggest boost i can see right away would be lvl 5 awakened added cold damage, adds more flat cold dmg plus gives freezing pulse +1 level which is a good amount more added flat cold damage, its not to expensive either with lvl 5 costing ~140c
Last edited by Frauztea on Oct 17, 2020, 6:39:21 PM
I've been using divergent berserk for a few days now and have been loving it, thinking of getting a new weapon that i can craft +2 lvl of support gems on so i can push it to 60% quality for 60% more spell damage
"
MarcusLO wrote:
Last time I played this build was in metamorph league where I cleared everything without getting pandemonius, coward's legacy or atziri's reflection. Now I got 1.2 mil more dps than the high-end PoB link and I still feel weak. Has FP been nerfed considerably since then, or am I doing something wrong?

I show you as having about half the DPS of the high-end PoB example, though that is still pretty solid and I don't think you should feel weak at 1.5m per totem.

I will say that just giving up all your First Snow jewels probably makes the clear feel a lot worse. I could also see you maybe feeling squishier than normal, because your CWDT cannot currently trigger your Steelskin and you gave up some eHP to modify your skill tree the way that you did.

Build hasn't been nerfed since Metamorph, though.
"
Wallach wrote:
"
MarcusLO wrote:

I show you as having about half the DPS of the high-end PoB example, though that is still pretty solid and I don't think you should feel weak at 1.5m per totem.

I will say that just giving up all your First Snow jewels probably makes the clear feel a lot worse. I could also see you maybe feeling squishier than normal, because your CWDT cannot currently trigger your Steelskin and you gave up some eHP to modify your skill tree the way that you did.

Build hasn't been nerfed since Metamorph, though.

Thanks for your response Wallach! I might have to check my config again since it shows 3 mil dps for me. I was debating switching out my first snow jewel for the watcher jewel, but PoB said it was 200k dps increase.

Edit: Right I had forgot to set the target to Sirus. Went from 3.3 to 1.9 lol.
Last edited by MarcusLO on Oct 18, 2020, 5:11:52 AM
I'm really enjoying this build and clearing content smoothly. Has anyone considered switching to Divergent Freezing Pulse (Cannot pierce enemies) and tried chaining? Is this possible? If so, there are Replica Voidwalker boots to give additional chain and possible dwitching one of the support gems for Chain support although this might drop the dps.
I currently can't kill 4. conquerors. Everything is good in red maps but my boss dps is really bad. I don't know what upgrade i can do at this point without spending too much.
"
Jinthaiya wrote:
I currently can't kill 4. conquerors. Everything is good in red maps but my boss dps is really bad. I don't know what upgrade i can do at this point without spending too much.

Depends on how much currency is too much,lvl 5 awakned added cold damage is a very large dps boost and is about 120-140c, alternatively a cheaper option for a sizeable boost is using divergent berserk for ~40% more spell damage, i wrote about how to achieve this on page 270
Last edited by Frauztea on Oct 18, 2020, 5:47:39 PM
In my experience, the damage from going dual Kikazarus falls off hard after you hit T16's which is the main issue with this build with regards to gearing curve. You really need Atziri's Reflection to progress any further so you're kinda stuck just farming maps until you can cough up the money for the shield. Never really thought of trying Divergent Berserk + Chainbreaker though, but it could actually be a good bandaid fix in terms of damage until you get the endgame gear.

Heists are pretty good for grinding currency though and this build is great at doing heists even with budget gear, since you can snipe armies from afar with your totems.
Last edited by scrambled777 on Oct 18, 2020, 7:41:31 PM
I am having so much fun with this build, thanks a lot for your work, Wallach.

And I also have a question. While heisting, I found lots of incredible fire damage equipment. I am equipped with a shield that gives +1 to all fire skill gems and add a ton of extra fire, and spell damage and global crit multiplier, same for my sceptre, +1 to all fire skill gems and tons of extra fire and spell damage, global crit, cast speed.
And also my amulet and rings, a large amount of increased fire damage.

I am blasting through bosses, heists and the low maps I am currently in, the bosses and big heist monsters melt in seconds, trash just ceases to exist just when it appears on the screen.

Soo ... now I wonder if I should really switch over to frost. I have some general spell boost stuff in my stash, and lots of fire damage stuff, but nearly nothing regarding frost. Even though i already own a 5L / 6S sould mantle and two Kikazaru, and also 2 second snow jewels, and also leveled every gem up that I will need to switch, I am very sure I will loose lots of damage if I switched now.

So, what to do now? Trying to buy what is needed for frost? Searching on for better frost items? Or is the freezing tool so much more defensive comfort that it is worth regardless of the damage loss?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info