[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Hello!

Really nice guide! Wanted something different from necro minion builds - and this is fantastic in this league- especially in heists with all the freezes. :)

Quetion about Alternate Quality Gems: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2936122

Any good or better alternatives?
there was mentioning about Hypothermia Support: Alternate Quality 1 Supported Skills have +20% chance to Freeze Enemies which are Chilled

Any other good/better qualities?
For example: Added Cold Damage Support Alternate Quality 1 Supported Skills have 10% increased Attack and Cast Speed

Increased damage vs increased cast speed?

p.s. Sorry about my English- not my first or even second language :)
Last edited by KasparsT on Sep 28, 2020, 3:22:09 AM
I'm really enjoying this build for the Heist league however, I'm starting to transition into the high version budget of the build (already got the atziri's reflection and the coward's legacy) and yet I still feel really squishy even with capped out resistances. Usually against bosses and some sneaky rares. Boss fights are bearable since I can dodge the mechanics however higher-end content like AL8 Sirus becomes difficult since I get one shot most of the time. Any advice?
"
KasparsT wrote:
Hello!

Really nice guide! Wanted something different from necro minion builds - and this is fantastic in this league- especially in heists with all the freezes. :)

Quetion about Alternate Quality Gems: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2936122

Any good or better alternatives?
there was mentioning about Hypothermia Support: Alternate Quality 1 Supported Skills have +20% chance to Freeze Enemies which are Chilled

Any other good/better qualities?
For example: Added Cold Damage Support Alternate Quality 1 Supported Skills have 10% increased Attack and Cast Speed

Increased damage vs increased cast speed?

p.s. Sorry about my English- not my first or even second language :)

10% increased cast speed is A LOT better than 10% increased cold damage. The Hypothermia is questionable, since we mostly freeze because of crits, so the difference it would make is very small. But since the normal quality does nothing for us, a small difference is better than none. Although I feel like -4% cold resist on frozen enemies from Divergent Hypothermia is the better choice.

Another one where I see a clear choice is Controlled Destruction. Again, 10% increased spell damage is small, but 10% chance for damage to be lucky from the Divergent gem is pretty good.

And lastly, Divergent Arcane Surge makes the duration 6 seconds. That could open up a gem slot because Increased Duration is not needed anymore. Either for another Frostbite support or another active gem, like a golem.
Heyo! First time I try a totem build and I got to say I really like it. I am doing pretty well, including clearing Sirus 3/4, Cortex 9, and T16 maps smoothly (boss might take a while though).

However, I cannot really seem to push harder than that, not because of the offensive aspect, but the defensive layers. I get 1-shot easily by some Unique Boss even in T14+ and most recently by the Unique Heist Boss Map.

I have around 4000 HP and 900 ES, with about 2800 Mana, without any Armour/Evasion I think. I am currently rushing for Atziri's Reflection, which should give me more viable options later in terms of rings and tree nodes, however, is there anything else I can do to improve my defence?
Hey I found a cold iron point replica today and it got me thinking about freezing pulse totems. It does +3 levels of cold skills and makes it so you do no cold damage. But I think that it would work because the totems are doing the damage, not us. What about dual wielding those and having +6 levels to cold skill gems? Sounds like it could be very powerful.
"
P0WERB0TT0M wrote:
Hey I found a cold iron point replica today and it got me thinking about freezing pulse totems. It does +3 levels of cold skills and makes it so you do no cold damage. But I think that it would work because the totems are doing the damage, not us. What about dual wielding those and having +6 levels to cold skill gems? Sounds like it could be very powerful.

It may not be beneficial as you can get 100% cold damage, 100% spell crit chance, added cold damage, cast speed and crit multi all on a single wand. You could also get +2 to gems (cold & intelligence).

Also Atziri's Reflection is simply too good for defense to drop for +3 gem levels at end game but as a levelling unique this could be very beneficial.

Worth experimenting, if you are able to trial it and see how it goes, would be beneficial to us all to understand.
Last edited by Mentalmike on Sep 29, 2020, 6:07:08 AM
Getting off colors in Soul Mantle is Pain in the @ss and super expensive.
Off colors? You need 3 greens. That is ~100-130 chromatic orbs, aka 12-15c.

How is that super expensive?
Last edited by Mecielle on Sep 29, 2020, 10:43:56 AM
"
Mecielle wrote:
Off colors? You need 3 greens. That is ~100-130 chromatic orbs, aka 12-15c.

How is that super expensive?

+1 Red took me few tries but got it thanks for info.
Last edited by popotm on Sep 29, 2020, 11:02:29 AM
Can someone elaborate to me why a +2 weapon is better than bunch of high tier spell damage, cold damage, cold to spell, spell crit, cast speed and +1 all combination? base on Pob fork.

I did some experiment in PoB with +2 using Wallach and Mecielle weapon they both lose dps to a clean +2 by a lot without anything else.

like the +1 seems a lot of damage boost.
Last edited by popotm on Sep 29, 2020, 12:59:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info