[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Achnod wrote:
"
Shawntastic wrote:
Freezing Pulse
Now has an added Damage effectiveness of 200% (from 150%).

Gotta be a buff however you look at it right? Now I know my league starter I guess. Hopefully it gets updated for harvest.

yes, this is a buff and its a really nice one.

as for update, I mean, nothing seems to have changed that would mean you cant use the 3.10 guide.

Excuse me, do you or anyone know how Damage effectiveness works? Just trying to understand how mechanic works a little.
Last edited by Sazzbot on Jun 17, 2020, 1:10:06 AM
"
Sazzbot wrote:
Excuse me, do you or anyone know how Damage effectiveness works? Just trying to understand how mechanic works a little.

Damage effectiveness determines how much flat damage actually gets added to a spell's base damage from another source.

So take a gem like Added Cold Damage: at level 20 the gem adds 169 to 254 Cold Damage. Currently Freezing Pulse has a damage effectiveness of 150%, which means this flat damage would be multiplied by 1.5 before being added to Freezing Pulse, meaning it would actually add 253.5 to 381 Cold Damage to Freezing Pulse's base damage.

In 3.11, Freezing Pulse's damage effectiveness is being increased to 200%, so a rank 20 Added Cold Damage would increase to 338 to 508 Cold Damage added to Freezing Pulse's base damage.

Any other source of flat damage being added to a spell is modified by its damage effectiveness.
"
Wallach wrote:
"
Sazzbot wrote:

Damage effectiveness determines how much flat damage actually gets added to a spell's base damage from another source.

So take a gem like Added Cold Damage: at level 20 the gem adds 169 to 254 Cold Damage. Currently Freezing Pulse has a damage effectiveness of 150%, which means this flat damage would be multiplied by 1.5 before being added to Freezing Pulse, meaning it would actually add 253.5 to 381 Cold Damage to Freezing Pulse's base damage.

In 3.11, Freezing Pulse's damage effectiveness is being increased to 200%, so a rank 20 Added Cold Damage would increase to 338 to 508 Cold Damage added to Freezing Pulse's base damage.

Any other source of flat damage being added to a spell is modified by its damage effectiveness.

Oh so thats how it works. Thanks.
Sleepless Sentries
20% increased Totem Duration
You have Onslaught if you've Summoned a Totem Recently
(Recently refers to the past 4 seconds)

So i guess Onslaught flask is getting replaced with something
"
Sleepless Sentries
20% increased Totem Duration
You have Onslaught if you've Summoned a Totem Recently
(Recently refers to the past 4 seconds)

So i guess Onslaught flask is getting replaced with something

It's certainly a welcome change given the state of the totem medium clusters. I'm not sure if I'd replace the curse or non-damaging ailment clusters myself, but it'll certainly be worth keeping in mind.

I've been messing with the new tree changes trying to get a sense of the overall effect. Assuming I just import my current Delirium character with no tree changes, everything is basically a wash; the gain from Awakened Added Cold Damage is pretty much fully offset by the nerfs in the passive tree (about 1% in my favor).

Maybe we squeeze slightly more out of the new tree, but it won't be much in any case. Relative to many other builds in this patch, I'd say that is probably a good thing, if maybe a little disappointing.

Edit - Worth pointing out, this is just with the changes that I can see. For example if we lose even more critical multiplier because the critical multiplier bench craft is nerfed, it'd be an overall loss for sure (though again that will be the case for any critical multiplier based build currently).
Last edited by Wallach on Jun 17, 2020, 2:32:13 AM
"
I'm using the following affix weight scale to measure wands by dps (calculated prev. league via PoB, too lazy to update):
%cold/spell dmg: x874
%cast speed: x3891
+cold/all gem lvl: x60328
%crit. chance for spells: x576
%crit. multiplier: x1537
#flat cold dmg to spells: x637

What do you use to calculate this? And is there a way to search the market using these weightings?
After reading the whole thread, I'm left with a few questions:

1. Is elemental penetration or crit chance a better enchant for boots, given that Frost Bomb is often critting?

2. Is it worth getting Mark of the Shaper alongside elder Essence Worm? Perhaps as a step before getting double Worm?

3. What's the consensus on cluster jewels? They'll be harder to roll this league, so something for late-game?

4. Is Thread of Hope worthwhile?

5. Is it worth getting Supreme Decadence from Elegant Hubris in the CI jewel socket (or elsewhere?) four passives seems a lot.

If I like the build I'll probably go all-out, so I'm interested from a min-max perspective. I haven't played the last two leagues.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jun 17, 2020, 4:17:34 AM
I'm playing hardcore, is this a viable build pushing end game content?

Ive played this build before but always just to get some currency going, and feel like its squishy going into red maps (but also never put currency in the build so thats why im newbie hehe)
Last edited by Cheydinhal on Jun 17, 2020, 5:19:08 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:
l
What do you use to calculate this? And is there a way to search the market using these weightings?

PoB to calculate: edit items and see how Dps changes, it's individual for every build/set of equipment. But numbers don't change that much I think, so maybe you can just copy it
Search: trade site, using weighted sum
"
Cheydinhal wrote:
I'm playing hardcore, is this a viable build pushing end game content?

Ive played this build before but always just to get some currency going, and feel like its squishy going into red maps (but also never put currency in the build so thats why im newbie hehe)

Someone mentioned before that Wallach had 3 deaths hitting 100 with this in a video, but I suspect without a lot of practice, most of us are going to die a lot in T15 or whatever.

"
zweckform wrote:
PoB to calculate: edit items and see how Dps changes, it's individual for every build/set of equipment. But numbers don't change that much I think, so maybe you can just copy it
Search: trade site, using weighted sum

Nice, thanks. I'd done something similar as build prep, but didn't make the connection to weighted sum on the trade sites.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info