[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
Farystar wrote:
Is it possible to do Uber elder and Maze of the minotaur map etc. ?

Yep. As long as you know the fight. :)
Even if you don't have the higher budget items like the mirror, it's doable.

So this is my current gear and right now mapping is a breeze but i'm struggling with the higher end map bosses which i expected to be honest. I threw this gear together with about 50c ish maybe minus the soul mantle but i don't feel i did to bad. Not really sure what i should focus on upgrading to get the best bang for my buck with damage.

Aside from that though this is my first time playing totems in 3k hours and i gotta say, I love it. Great build
"One kills a man, one Is an assassin; one kills millions, one Is a conqueror; one kills everybody, one Is a
god"

- Jean Rostand
"
Gulch wrote:
"
Farystar wrote:

So you basically told me it is not viable, you cant make mistakes and not suitable for HC. And this is the problem with most of this builds they are not truly endgame viable unless you spend at least 15 exalts.
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
Last edited by Farystar on Apr 3, 2020, 2:32:37 PM
Wallach, any chance you can post an updated PoE of your currenty character?
"
Farystar wrote:
"
Gulch wrote:
"
Farystar wrote:

So you basically told me it is not viable, you cant make mistakes and not suitable for HC. And this is the problem with most of this builds they are not truly endgame viable unless you spend at least 15 exalts.

What are you talking about? Read it again. I said YES it's possible to do the UE and Guardian fights.Even if you DON'T have the high budget items.
"
Farystar wrote:
"
Gulch wrote:
"
Farystar wrote:

why does "needing to know the fight" make it unviable? obviously this build isn't immortal and dies if you misplay multiple times, that's how the large majority of builds in this game work. you can still make mistakes (you won't get 1 hit unless you have bad map mods and/or low hp) because of MoM

secondly, it's called "endgame" for a reason. you can easily do all content without the atziri's reflection, it just becomes easier to do so with it because it's the best item you can have and enables a lot of flexibility in your items.
Last edited by volibowers on Apr 3, 2020, 2:52:54 PM

This is what I'm running. Of course extremely similar to other builds.

I chose to run with starkonja's.
We'll suffer a bit reduced damage, but the constant 150% increase in evasion due to always being considered "on low life", and paired with the blind effect, is giving a great amount of evasion.

I found it to help out quite a lot, to reduce the amount of deaths I endure daily. (A bit scrubby, I know >:| )

I was lucky to find a bottled faith in the cortex. Using it has definitely improved my experience greatly, even though it's quite counterproductive to the fact you're going to have to get close for a bit, to jam the ground underneath the boss. However, the significant increase in damage, makes it all a breeze. The elder doesn't get to do any attacks on me, except for the mandatory freeze before the shaper hits him.

Sirus A8 is a breeze, shaper, elder and uber elder is as well.
This has definitely been my favourite build so far, and I'm loving it.
For sure also the most costly one I've gone with, but I'm having a blast with it.

I've ticked the "shocked" box, as I've lightning damage to spells on my wand. If it procs or not, I'm not sure, but it's there.

If anyone's interested in the PoB, here's the link:
https://pastebin.com/umizb7Lx
Last edited by NikkieTB on Apr 3, 2020, 6:23:17 PM
"
volibowers wrote:
"
Farystar wrote:

why does "needing to know the fight" make it unviable? obviously this build isn't immortal and dies if you misplay multiple times, that's how the large majority of builds in this game work. you can still make mistakes (you won't get 1 hit unless you have bad map mods and/or low hp) because of MoM

secondly, it's called "endgame" for a reason. you can easily do all content without the atziri's reflection, it just becomes easier to do so with it because it's the best item you can have and enables a lot of flexibility in your items.

Thank you, this is the confirmation i needed 💖.
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
Could anyone take a look at my profile and tell me if i am doing something wrong?

i have no problem with 13-15 maps Alch + Chisel, but bosses takes ages for me.

normal map bosses takes 2min to kill, feels off when i can't do a blight mission because the boss will kill me everytime.

thanks in advance!
"
Mindolin wrote:
Could anyone take a look at my profile and tell me if i am doing something wrong?

i have no problem with 13-15 maps Alch + Chisel, but bosses takes ages for me.

normal map bosses takes 2min to kill, feels off when i can't do a blight mission because the boss will kill me everytime.

thanks in advance!

Atziri's Reflection is not required but tbh I was never that happy with my performance before I got it. So look at it as a goal. It opens up the build a lot with the ring slots and 3 skill points you get back. It's cheaper now than it was before.

That said, the main things that jump out is to change your amulet so you can get an anointment, and fix your flasks. Change a quicksilver for Silver probably (24% reduced charges for 2 uses is good) and consider swapping the promise for a wise oak if your resists can handle it, but this isn't as big a difference in DPS.

+1 to cold/spell gem levels on your weapons will help a lot but use PoB to check it's really an upgrade, I can't check now how good yours are. Cast speed is quite a good stat on weapons too so don't ignore it.

Also skill gem levels. Since I will always want a 21/20 for the main skill and it's usually a losing gamble to vaal based on prices I just buy one when I can, but I level the supports myself. Consider doing that. If you prefer to gamble you can always do it anyway in your spare slots and sell them.

You might also want to level up Arcane Surge. With such a high level Frostbite you can probably take it a lot higher - having it proc in 2 or even 3 casts is not a huge problem because our totems are still attacking for us.

And I can see 3 movement skills but no Vaal Righteous Fire? That's as strong as Pain Attunment so you want it for bosses. Plus the Cold Snap + Bonechill setup may help, if you get hit without dying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info