[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Hey guys, this league I've been playing freezing pulse totems instead of holy flame but I have a feeling that with this one it's harder to push dps. Currently around 1.4M shaper dps and 8.5k ehp. What would you upg next not including gems (still levelling)? Thanks.
"
Malyniak wrote:

Hey guys, this league I've been playing freezing pulse totems instead of holy flame but I have a feeling that with this one it's harder to push dps. Currently around 1.4M shaper dps and 8.5k ehp. What would you upg next not including gems (still levelling)? Thanks.

I'd recommend gloves with 30-50% increase damage against chilled enemies
after that upgrade to atziris reflection is huge, -> Pandemonius / woke gems / +1 chest

also upgrade your helm to 30% speed
Hey guys, sorry if it feels like I haven't been getting to as many questions / requests this week. It's been pretty hectic and I get a lot of questions from different sources lately.

For those waiting on the endgame gearing video update, I want to try and have it done this week, but I think it won't be that long and I feel like I can give you a pretty simple TLDR:

Not much has changed for the build outside of two main things in 3.10:

- Cluster Jewels

- Helm upgrade opportunity cost

As far as cluster jewels go, the old skill tree is actually quite competitive and perfectly serviceable, so I'm probably going to update the PoB with a "no cluster jewel" dropdown so people can see that version if they don't want to bother.

I still feel like I prefer the cluster jewel variant slightly because you can hit similar levels of DPS with easy access to Culling Strike (which I find extremely valuable for bossing), but when 3.11 rolls around we should expect that cluster jewels may be far less accessible so I doubt it will be the main skill tree variant going forward in either case.

On the topic of helms, they've simply gotten more expensive to roll high budget options due to needing some form of influence on the base, as well as a lot of the old Fossil mods requiring item level 85 to even roll. The stats you might want on helms hasn't really changed, it's just become more expensive since you will likely need to conqueror exalted slam a helmet with a FP enchant (with the possible addition of an Awakener orb slam if you want dual influence options) if you want a high end helm.

Otherwise, basically everything about the 3.9 endgame gearing stuff still applies in full.
"
Wallach wrote:
Hey guys, sorry if it feels like I haven't been getting to as many questions / requests this week. It's been pretty hectic and I get a lot of questions from different sources lately.

For those waiting on the endgame gearing video update, I want to try and have it done this week, but I think it won't be that long and I feel like I can give you a pretty simple TLDR:

Not much has changed for the build outside of two main things in 3.10:

- Cluster Jewels

- Helm upgrade opportunity cost

As far as cluster jewels go, the old skill tree is actually quite competitive and perfectly serviceable, so I'm probably going to update the PoB with a "no cluster jewel" dropdown so people can see that version if they don't want to bother.

I still feel like I prefer the cluster jewel variant slightly because you can hit similar levels of DPS with easy access to Culling Strike (which I find extremely valuable for bossing), but when 3.11 rolls around we should expect that cluster jewels may be far less accessible so I doubt it will be the main skill tree variant going forward in either case.

On the topic of helms, they've simply gotten more expensive to roll high budget options due to needing some form of influence on the base, as well as a lot of the old Fossil mods requiring item level 85 to even roll. The stats you might want on helms hasn't really changed, it's just become more expensive since you will likely need to conqueror exalted slam a helmet with a FP enchant (with the possible addition of an Awakener orb slam if you want dual influence options) if you want a high end helm.

Otherwise, basically everything about the 3.9 endgame gearing stuff still applies in full.

Hey Wallach, cheers.

I run Arc totems but I use a lot of your experience and it was very, very helpful.

I took 8 passives large with 2x jewel socket, prismatic heart and damage notable (supercharge in my case but there are enough good things for FP), then medium with 4 passives with Master of Fear and Wish for Death (selfmade within 800 alts) and one more jewel socket. I dont use small cluster. Unnerve and culling work as intended. I have gloves with curse weakness corrupt so Unnerve is even better as before, 100% chance on second hit.

Just wanted to say, unnerve+culling on a medium cluster is possible and makes sense. In my setup, already unnerve alone brought almost the same Dps back as was sacrificed to get the passives, so I got culling almost for free.

Cheers, stay safe.
"
oxapmc wrote:
I have gloves with curse weakness corrupt so Unnerve is even better as before, 100% chance on second hit.

That sounds really useful, in my tests culling was not working on minotaur but maybe he was hexproof. I took the projectile speed for clear to try after that anyway and kept it.

Does anyone have any tips on dealing with high burning damage? I do have a silver flask to swap but that Elder guardian tears through it and I can't portal in that fight. I know we have a Pantheon choice but is there something simple I'm overlooking?
easy way to get your culls in first hit
(instead of a zealotry essence worm)
then manual curse bosses/ whenever need arcane surge
Last edited by rageface1355 on Mar 31, 2020, 12:29:34 AM
"
rageface1355 wrote:
easy way to get your culls in first hit
(instead of a zealotry essence worm)
then manual curse bosses/ whenever need arcane surge

Your using frostbomb or coldnsap to apply the curse then?

I moved frostbomb into a spell totem/multi spell totem setup, which lets me plop down one or two of them in a boss fight and not have to worry about applying it for a while (easier in my opinion than linking inc duration, since totems themselves last a really long while and will repeat cast the frostbombs).

A curse on hit ring would be useful, but at that point I think I would have arcane surge linked to cold snap/bone chill/increased duration. The cooldown on coldsnap will be well less than both its duration and arcane surge, and delinking it from a CWDT setup means you can at will apply the damage buff on bosses (or use it while mapping for frenzy charges). The obvious con being it be harder to apply curses to multiple targets, but thats not that big of an issue.
so i just corrupted a first snow jewel with only 7% projectile increase but the corruption implicit is damage penetrates 1% cold resistance. Is that good or just go for a 10% projectile dmg instead?
You can easily test that in PoB by editing the item and checking your DPS. From memory it's around 1% more damage for the implicit while 3% increased damage isn't that much. I went with the hinder/maim for QoL.
helloo
i don't understand why you look for projectile speed and not the damage enchant . if we put the totem near the enemy the damage enchant is better no ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info