3.14 KING OF ALL SUMMONERS. Zombies & Skeletons & Spectres on STEROIDS! | League-Start to End-Game

"
Son_of_Beldar wrote:
Howdy all, I've been playing a different build (Pure Phys Skeleton and Friends Necro) but a Reddit conversation with someone playing this build coupled with my constant struggles with alt-o-holism lead me to start looking at this build as well to see if it might be worth a respec. I'm not super invested in my current gear, but I can still do A8 Sirus with maybe a death or two and the bosses, metamorphs, and conquerors all fall over really fast.

The issue I'm running into when doing my napkin math and POB jockeying is that currently my build in POB shows 200k dps per skeleton, with a total of 11 skeletons getting me over the 2 million dps mark. When I import the POB for the versions of this build, I'm seeing drastically lower DPS that's making me question trying this out. Even with a +1 socketed, +2 support gems 6-linked staff, I'm still seeing zombie DPS around 95k. Am I missing something drastically here or are skeletons just that much more powerful?

The POB links I have added don't have anything selected in the configuration. Nor do they have lethal pride or elegant hubris stats thrown in, not do they have awakened gems etc.

If you do all that and properly work out the DPS we can get over 1million DPS per zombie... Multiplied by 13 to 18 zombies depending on your setup.

That's top end though.. most people would probably get about 500k per zombie I would think.
Last edited by brunowa on Feb 13, 2020, 5:17:17 PM
"
"
lampicka95 wrote:
Hi, is it worth it to use 2h weapon with "Enemies killed explode dealing 10% of their Life as Fire Damage"? :)

I don't think so. That stat only comes into effect if you kill some one, not the minions. Since we deal so little damage with cyclone, it is our minions that kill the vast vast majority of the bad guys.

Thank you so much for the answer, I thought that minions can proc it, but in this case it's useless then.
Last edited by lampicka95 on Feb 13, 2020, 5:18:48 PM
"
brunowa wrote:

The POB links I have added don't have anything selected in the configuration. Nor do they have lethal pride or elegant hubris stats thrown in, not do they have awakened gems etc.

If you do all that and properly work out the DPS we can get over 1million DPS per zombie... Multiplied by 13 to 18 zombies depending on your setup.

That's top end though.. most people would probably get about 500k per zombie I would think.

Thanks for the reply. I actually made sure to change things around on both my POB export and yours to make sure it was like for like. FF buff checked, enemy is maimed, no flasks, enemy is shaper/guardian and all that jazz. I also made sure to swap in the Awakened Minion Damage gem I have for the zombie setup. It looks like a fun build and maybe next league I'll give it a shot, but I think the skellies are just too strong right now, and I don't mind spending my time either resummoning or spamming desecrate to keep my triple offerings up. Cheers
My biggest complaint about this build is that it seems to be terrible for the legion monoliths;)

I've made some tweaks to the build compared to the guide and wondering what people think about them. In particular:

I've mixed skeletons and aura in my chest to try to get the best of both worlds. So, I do use Pride and dread banner (and aspect of avian), but I don't use blasphemy/vulnerability (instead, I have shaper's touch w/vuln on gloves) or discipline. If I was willing to lose out on the zoom zoom of phase run, I could put vaal haste in that slot.

I also pathed to the node that lets you have two golemns. It seemed to me that getting the added boost to carrion golemn aura, plus getting the phys dmg reduction from chaos golemn, was better than some of the other options. (I had to waste some points to get access to a second +5% strength node with my lethal pride, so I'm a little short of where I otherwise could be.)

Is everyone in agreement that there's really no point in using a fortify 2h setup once you have kingmaker in your AG? Seemed like a no brainer and a huge upgrade to flip over to the increased dmg/double dmg 2h.

Anyone have any thoughts on what I might be able to improve? This is my first summoner build.
"
Tabaxus wrote:
My biggest complaint about this build is that it seems to be terrible for the legion monoliths;)

I've made some tweaks to the build compared to the guide and wondering what people think about them. In particular:

I've mixed skeletons and aura in my chest to try to get the best of both worlds. So, I do use Pride and dread banner (and aspect of avian), but I don't use blasphemy/vulnerability (instead, I have shaper's touch w/vuln on gloves) or discipline. If I was willing to lose out on the zoom zoom of phase run, I could put vaal haste in that slot.

I also pathed to the node that lets you have two golemns. It seemed to me that getting the added boost to carrion golemn aura, plus getting the phys dmg reduction from chaos golemn, was better than some of the other options. (I had to waste some points to get access to a second +5% strength node with my lethal pride, so I'm a little short of where I otherwise could be.)

Is everyone in agreement that there's really no point in using a fortify 2h setup once you have kingmaker in your AG? Seemed like a no brainer and a huge upgrade to flip over to the increased dmg/double dmg 2h.

Anyone have any thoughts on what I might be able to improve? This is my first summoner build.

Actually, I think someone worked out the math on this, but having the level 1 fortify on the mace is still good. There is a difference between the buff "fortify" being on you, and the support gem Fortify being linked to your minions. I'm sure someone else on here will be able to expound a little more deeply on this.
"
Son_of_Beldar wrote:
"
Tabaxus wrote:

Actually, I think someone worked out the math on this, but having the level 1 fortify on the mace is still good. There is a difference between the buff "fortify" being on you, and the support gem Fortify being linked to your minions. I'm sure someone else on here will be able to expound a little more deeply on this.

Fortify support gives 20% MORE damage which the Fortify buff from Kingmaker does not give. To match that 20% more damage you need a weapon that gives +120% -130% minion damage (approx).

To Tabaxus, for Legions, movespeed is important. Running with Haste active helps and obviously the Speed Setup will naturally find these much easier. You can also run with ranged spectres that can dramatically help with clearing the trash as you get to the bosses. Popping Vaal Skeletons can also help.
"
Nahsil wrote:
Can anyone recommend a next upgrade, or any changes I should make? My survivability and DPS are just okay right now. I have a few ex budget atm, can try to save up more if I need.

Upgrade your weapon
Level your gems
Get a Level 21 Raise Zombie
Get a Level 4 Empower
Run with Discipline for more defence.
Great build, just hit 70 and equipped my staff. I mostly want to just kill bosses though (AL8 Sirus / UE) for when I re-spec my other guy to a HH clearer with no bossing ability.

Is the newbie/budget setup good for that? I like the balanced setup but the Pride Aul's is $$$ and the Saqawal's + Enlighten 4 is probably out of budget for what I want to do.

My weapon is good and I don't mind going buying level 21 zombies.

I know people have posted some other variants but 900 pages and zero summoner experience here ... I can search if you give me a pointer :)
I can't afford the crafted weapon for any of the 3 main builds. Can I use Queen's escape for the tanky version of the build?
"
"
Gollee wrote:

Just curious, anything you would change if you were me? Im not playing with hatred nor minion damage on the weap, dont like to mess with enlighten support.. Feels like i won't manage to run that many auras. :P Should really focus to get to level 100 and get those 5 extra skill points. One of the auras are inactive on the chest depending on which im using, feels like a waste.

Don't mind some of my gems or helm enchant, did corrupt early on and not been bothered to replace :D

Throw a Divine or two at your amulet and upgrade the quality through Catalysts. Massive potential increase here for you and that translates through to more Defence and more damage.

Ditch Practical Application as it's waste of two points that go nowhere and you don't need the extra Dex. You shouldn't need Diamond Skin either with Spirit Offering up. That's a total of 5 extra points which would get you to Written in Blood which is a good boost to Defence.

Why the Aura Effect node near Sovereignty? Sure, it's slightly helpful but you could use that and another respec point to get a Jewel slot instead and use a rare Jewel giving you more power.

Speaking of that, you need a rare Jewel with minion leech. Your Zombies will thank you for it.

You should sell that Watcher's Eye and grab one that is more useful for this build. The damage taken before life is worthless as we reserve almost all our mana. The ES recharge is wasted because Spirit of Offering instantly boosts us.

Thanks for response! Yeah, had bit panic with the tree due to my strength so didnt know how to respec it.. Did just follow one of the tree's here on the guide and just went with it. But now i run good amount of str so. Feel dumb now running damage taken before life.. 😂

I have no issues with the zombies atm on sirus or uber Elder.. Remember losing a zombie or 4 on sirus but now theyre rock hard But will definately get some leech for them.

Thanks for taking your time! Appreciated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info