3.14 KING OF ALL SUMMONERS. Zombies & Skeletons & Spectres on STEROIDS! | League-Start to End-Game

"
CpTiger wrote:
More minion damage seems to give greater dmg in PoB, but I don't know how important fortify is? Have kingmaker on AG as well...

This should probably get added to the FAQ since it comes up often.

Kingmaker gives the Fortify Buff.

The Fortify Buff is not the same as getting Fortify Support on the weapon.

Fortify Buff is a defensive buff only.

Fortify Support gives two items:

1) Fortify Buff
2) a significant offensive buff when you have the Fortify Buff

It is the second benefit that we covet by using Fortify Support on the weapon.

It has been mentioned in the thread that POB does not accurately estimate the Fortify Support damage so it can be difficult to compare minion damage to Fortify Support.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Feb 13, 2020, 10:18:53 AM
Hi all,

my old 3.8 Staff has "20% Chance to maim on hit"

should I put "Maim" as well in my gloves? Or what else?

Also looking for a pickup-service for Grandmasters.
I wish I knew what page that explanation of Fortify vs Minion Damage was on.

IIRC if you have 120% or more minion damage on your weapon, that edges out Fortify. If you have 130% AND the 4% aura mod, that just beats Fortify, but you can't run Avian that way if your build wants that in it.

"Obviously" just get a 130% minion damage one with the 4% aura mod and corrupt it for level 10 Fortify. EASY, I SWEAR.
Last edited by Sarclol on Feb 13, 2020, 10:48:19 AM
"
Sarclol wrote:

IIRC if you have 120% or more minion damage on your weapon, that edges out Fortify. If you have 130% AND the 4% aura mod, that just beats Fortify, but you can't run Avian that way if your build wants that in it.

"Obviously" just get a 130% minion damage one with the 4% aura mod and corrupt it for level 10 Fortify. EASY, I SWEAR.

I got about 10ex, so I will do the easy corrupt for the double bonus then, thanks! ;)
"
CpTiger wrote:
"
Sarclol wrote:

I got about 10ex, so I will do the easy corrupt for the double bonus then, thanks! ;)

Oh god lol, sorry in advance if your weapon bricks. Maybe I should tag that as sarcasm just in case...
If you fossil craft a Coronal yourself, remember to use a gilded fossil once so you have a chance to keep the 6% aoe when and if you do actually corrupt it.

"
Rotto67 wrote:
Hi all,

my old 3.8 Staff has "20% Chance to maim on hit"

should I put "Maim" as well in my gloves? Or what else?

Also looking for a pickup-service for Grandmasters.

Chance to maim comes with the level 20 maim on the Shaper's weapon. If you get rid of the weapon, you're losing that maim (although the chance itself is simply chance to apply the maim debuff, which is only a slow).

The Fortify in your gloves doesn't do anything other than increase the damage of, and give Fortify to, your Chaos Golem. I'd swap that with Maim, yes.
Last edited by Sarclol on Feb 13, 2020, 11:29:47 AM
i've got a leathal pride with the following nodes if anybody is interested pm me

Frost Walker +20 Str
Prodical Perfection +20 Str
Heart and Sould 5% Str
Arcane Will 5% Str
Ravenous Horde 5% Str
Mysticism 5% Str
Mystic Bulwark 5% Str
IGN: xthbx
"
Sarclol wrote:

no it actually doesnt.
lvl 1 fortify gets 20% more dmg, but 130% increased damage is aplicative stat, so once you reach over 530% increased minion damage,(which we do) lvl 1 fortify gets better.
My post is talking about the weapon purely from the perspective of the weapon. I apologize, I should have made that clear - and even then I'm not remembering the exact wording of what was said.

If you have a weapon with 100% minion damage, if you add 20% to that, or if you multiply it by 1.2 for 20% more, you get the same thing. If you add 21% to it, then 121% ends up being better than 120%. Therefore, if you're just looking at the weapon and taking nothing else into consideration, it does begin to edge out Fortify if you have over 120% minion damage.

Yes, you are correct that Fortify gets better with better gear and more damage overall. Although unless you have an Elegant Hubris, it's unlikely you're looking at minion damage over 400% without already having a T1 minion damage roll on a weapon, unless there's something I'm not considering.
Last edited by Sarclol on Feb 13, 2020, 12:14:00 PM
oops.
Last edited by Sarclol on Feb 13, 2020, 12:12:35 PM
"
Sarclol wrote:
My post is talking about the weapon purely from the perspective of the weapon. I apologize, I should have made that clear - and even then I'm not remembering the exact wording of what was said.

If you have a weapon with 100% minion damage, if you add 20% to that, or if you multiply it by 1.2 for 20% more, you get the same thing. If you add 21% to it, then 121% ends up being better than 120%. Therefore, if you're just looking at the weapon and taking nothing else into consideration, it does begin to edge out Fortify if you have over 120% minion damage.

Yes, you are correct that Fortify gets better with better gear and more damage overall. Although unless you have an Elegant Hubris, it's unlikely you're looking at minion damage over 400%, unless there's something I'm not considering.

we get minion damage with strength. in helm we have "half of your strength is transfered to minions"
and 5 STR = 1% physical dmg. so in case you got 1500 STR, thats 150% extra increased minions damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info