[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Aughyssul wrote:
The guide states that early bosses can take a long time/use a lot of portals

What guide? Where does it say that?? My leveling guide says that leveling is a breeze and there is an old video showing exactly that. Now with 3x the damage in the self-casting version, the bosses melt even faster.

"
Basically, I want a build that can cruise through to T16s on league start weekend with minimal investment (buying a few cheap uniques is fine), but that I can get to faceroll endgame bosses with minimal (10-15 ex) investment over the next few days. Does that sound like something this build can do?

There are 2 parts to this question. Cruising to T16 with the leveling uniques is not going to happen, they are just not powerful enough.

Your investment to reach T16 with this build should include buying at least Astramentis and obtaining The Whispering Ice with 6 sockets. Ideally 2 staves if you want to actually cruise without swapping gems. The Stampede is also highly recommended. The prices on these items can vary from league to league. For example, 2 leagues ago Astramentis was 40c on day 2 because it was used by Str stacking zombies. And in this league it was only 10c. At the same time, The Stampede was 20c back then, and this league it was 60c. And that's on day 2 because on day 1 these items are just too rare.

And then of course you need a chest and a helmet with decent Int and ES. But that's typically not a problem UNLESS you aim for T16 on day 1.

Part 2 of the question: if you have a 10ex budget after a few days in a new league - yes, you can most definitely beat the whole endgame. My videos from this league (except The Maven) were made on a budget less than 10ex.

But it all can change in the next league. You never know what GGG will nerf of buff.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Feb 21, 2022, 10:33:10 PM
I have bookmarked this build since 3.12 or so and have finally got around to playing it. Having a blast so far.

While working towards upgrades, wanted to ask if there are any benchmarks to how much INT, how much ES i should be working towards at each stage of the game?

Think I'm currently at 1.8k INT, 7k ES with about 1ex invested. Can comfortably clear T16s, but Beyond maps give me slight troubles...

Last edited by evilrulz37 on Feb 22, 2022, 2:15:41 AM
ok, trying out this build and so far, seems fun.

any opinions on how i can improve it?

1.5k int and 10.2k energy shield so far at level 84

my gears so far

Last edited by Eag1e on Feb 22, 2022, 8:48:58 AM
"
Eag1e wrote:

my gears so far

from the look of ur gear you invested a lot of currency into bad things cus helm with power siphon is pretty expnsive your missing a lot of jewels to swap from str/dex to int and %int rings and INT in the rings not just resist i am confused what is going in with thos gloves and you can get %int imliect belt

and not sure what is oging on with the unnatual instinct and 1 with insane courrpt
Last edited by phantom_god on Feb 22, 2022, 9:27:46 AM
"
phantom_god wrote:
"
Eag1e wrote:

my gears so far

from the look of ur gear you invested a lot of currency into bad things cus helm with power siphon is pretty expnsive your missing a lot of jewels to swap from str/dex to int and %int rings and INT in the rings not just resist i am confused what is going in with thos gloves and you can get %int imliect belt

and not sure what is oging on with the unnatual instinct and 1 with insane courrpt

ok, first off, as for investment, not alot, it's just gear i had laying about not being used, including jewels. it's just to carry me to around lvl 95.

And like i said, i asked for opinions on how i could improve it

as for helm, it was cheap, because i brought it to run lab to get better ench

and just picked these up earlier

Last edited by Eag1e on Feb 22, 2022, 1:30:47 PM
Ok, update on gears and level...

level 86

1987 int 9.8k es

my updated gears

Still 2 small areas to claim with tree points but so far, it seems great fun. I love cyclone builds and this also throws in the ice damage too so a win win

Tested it on T15 beachhead map, did it with ease

PS. The Divination flask i used as a safety measure plus its benefits are sweet

PPS changed divination to kiara flask to protect from frozen
Last edited by Eag1e on Feb 22, 2022, 7:33:45 PM
"
Eag1e wrote:
Ok, update on gears and level...

I do not understand why you put your equipment on, after all, anyone willing can see it in your tab. How is this supposed to help others?
Hey guys! I'm a pretty casual player, and I am struggling to take this build to the next level. I'm sitting at 1.9k int, but only 4.5k ES.
Can you guys help me on what I should upgrade next? I have about 2.5-3ex to spend, I'm probably looking for something wrong, but all the upgrades seem to be extremely more expensive than that

Edit: adding a bit more info since I feel like my post is too generic

I'm especially having a hard time on bosses, even on map bosses, metamorphs, archnemesis, etc. I feel like whenever I stop to self cast, either the boss already moved places when I finished my animation, or I've been hit by some of their spells, and then I'm dead
Last edited by Judaxx on Feb 22, 2022, 11:35:44 PM
"
Judaxx wrote:
Hey guys! I'm a pretty casual player, and I am struggling to take this build to the next level. I'm sitting at 1.9k int, but only 4.5k ES.
Can you guys help me on what I should upgrade next? I have about 2.5-3ex to spend, I'm probably looking for something wrong, but all the upgrades seem to be extremely more expensive than that

Edit: adding a bit more info since I feel like my post is too generic

I'm especially having a hard time on bosses, even on map bosses, metamorphs, archnemesis, etc. I feel like whenever I stop to self cast, either the boss already moved places when I finished my animation, or I've been hit by some of their spells, and then I'm dead

I think upgrading to a proper ES chest is probably the first step, 1-2ex should get you something decent, and boost your es to around 6-7k.
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Short question. Any particular reason to have Icestorm on Mouse and not on Keyboard/ both on right click and wheel click ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info