[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
archwerewolf wrote:
"
Adeaz wrote:

Do you keep selfcast for bossing and mapping?

selfcast only bosses

Ty, think I will give icestorm a go, not used it for years!
pob makes my path of building flash red and i have to shut it down
I just completed the feared yesterday, self cast makes it much smoother :-)

Now I have some questions on 30th wave Simulacrum. I am still using the old tree (not the block version). Is block essential for Simulacrum?

The last time I tried 20th wave Simulacrum, there were some nasty mods like extra damage and more projectiles which can feel a bit dangerous to tank. I also heard there are more debuffs and cri in 20th+ wave. Do we need some adjustments to mitigate them?
"
vbvan wrote:
Now I have some questions on 30th wave Simulacrum. I am still using the old tree (not the block version). Is block essential for Simulacrum?

Extremely. Without Block you are very likely to get stomped on waves 21-30 with random nasty mods.
I finally decided to upgrade my gear from the cheap stuff to something more serious. I've done the entire endgame with 2.2k Int and 9k ES, thanks to the self-casting goodness. Eventually I've sold enough loot to accumulate about 10 ex and wanted to try crafting some serious gear. Market prices are completely bonkers anyway.

I love Harvest and Betrayal. I take the Atlas passives for them and use them in crafting.

1c base. ilvl 77-79 Hubris Circlet with no influence.

Step 1: Use Deafening Essence of Spite (51+ Int suffix) until you get a T2 resistance suffix (42%+). If there is a 3rd suffix, annul it. If you annul Int or res - start over.

Step 2: Craft a junk suffix and Harvest 'reforge keep suffixes' (Wild Spikeback or Primal Scrabbler) until you get a decent flat +ES (T1-2) or %ES (T2-3). The idea is that you roll one of these things and can craft the other one.

Step 3: Now you need the item to have 2 prefixes. If it has only 1 prefix - use Leo in Research for 1 free ex slam (or just an exalted orb if that's easier for you). If it has 3 prefixes - annul one. If you annul Int or res - start over. If you annul the good ES prefix - go back to step 2.

Step 4: Craft the missing ES prefix (flat or %ES). Now the item has a decent amount of ES, 3 prefixes and 2 suffixes.

Step 5: Hunter slam guarantees a %Int suffix (this is the only possible Hunter suffix for ilvl 77-79). You get either T1 (9-10%) or T2 (7-8%). If the result is not perfect, just use it until you craft a better one.

In my case, I ended up with 1 prefix on step 3 and got very lucky with Leo - he gave me a T1 hybrid %ES.

Step 1: Can start with an ilvl 77-79 Vaal Regalia base with no influence and then fossil craft it with Dense+Fundamental until you get a decent ES and a flat Int suffix. ES and Int must roll naturally, you cannot craft them yourself. Or skip that and just buy one with those stats - such chests are not very rare or expensive.

Step 2: You need to have 1 suffix - the flat Int. Can try annulling extra suffixes. I bought and annulled 2 or 3 chests until I got 1 suffix without losing ES.

Step 3: If it has only 2 prefixes - craft a junk prefix. And then Crusader slam it. Unlike the helmet, the chance of getting %int suffix is not guaranteed, it's 1/3. If you don't get it - find another base and try again.

Step 4: Craft 6% Attr. Unveil chests with 'Hillock's Veil' mod to unlock this craft. Or just find somebody who has it.

You can try Dense+Fundamental fossils on the influenced regalia, but it seems like a low chance to me. At least I haven't had any success with that.

Last league it took me 5 Crusader slams to get %int. This league I got lucky on the first try.

Just some regular gloves with decent ES, T1 Int and at least 1 good res mod. Don't bother crafting them, just buy. ES on gloves is not very important, they can't have as much ES as chest or helmet. So just buy what you can afford.

This is also the only item that we can use the Eldritch currency on. Use the red currency to get Unnerve on Hit. Use the blue currency to get Damage per Int. I found those to be the best mods.

Synthesized 15% Int belts are cheap. This was my very first non-trivial upgrade.

Step 1: Scour the base and use 4 Intrinsic Catalysts to make it 20q (18% Int).

Step 2: Use Deafening Essence of Spite to get 51+ Int suffix. Depending on your other gear, you may want to keep rolling it until you get a specific 2nd suffix (res or Str).

Step 3: Annul until you get an empty prefix. Optionally an empty suffix too. If you annul Int or the other important suffix - start over. Empty suffix can be used to beast-craft Aspect of the Spider. Empty prefix is used to craft hybrid +ES/armour.

Most of the time, this is where you want to have Aspect of the Spider. It's the easiest and most convenient place for it.

I started with just 1 Spite essence and Aspect of the Spider on the belt. But later on I needed Str to upgrade from Astramentis to a rare amulet. I rerolled the belt with Spites until I got Str, but randomly got a decent res mod too. So then I kept the belt and crafted Aspect elsewhere.

Don't bother crafting the amulet yourself. It's too expensive, and the chance is too low. Just buy one with %int and Damage Per Int for 3-5 ex. They are by-products of high level crafting. Pro crafters spend huge amounts of currency to create mirror tier amulets with double attribute mods and damage. In doing so they produce a whole lot of sellable failures that are good enough for this build.

You want an empty suffix to craft some attributes. Replacing Astramentis means losing a lot of Str and Dex. But you want to have at least 111 Dex and about as much Str for the gems.

Rings should be upgraded last. Their purpose is to round up the stats and resists. The best ones are crafted on the synthesized 6% Int base with Deafening Essence of Spite. That base is very expensive. Sometimes you can also get lucky with double corruption in the Temple, or Gwen. Or just find something randomly good on the market. Just don't start with the rings. Do everything else first.

---

Anyway, I'm pretty much done with the gear now. If I get lucky with drops before finishing the 40 challenges, I might end up buying one of those godly 2-mod amulets. But my current 2.8k Int is already a massive overkill.

New video: The Maven
Last edited by Kelvynn on Feb 21, 2022, 3:09:41 AM
Hi there,
i must say, your actual build is nasty! :-) i am trying follow your build, i am not as good as you but i hope ill get there soon enough, when i saw how you kill Maven... that was pretty nice.

I made some hints during the following this guide.
1. never cyclone before occultist ascendancy --> self cast is better (stuns stopped me nonstop)
2. for cwc mapping use only staff with hypothermia and elemental proliferation (you know why you post it there, i was trying to use single target variant but it was stupid, freeze is sooo cooool)
3. Learn fast self cast on bosses - here i have trouble but ill hope that will get better with more int/es.
4. for start at maps is pretty cool unique called "The Gull" with micro shrines. It cost 2c and can get you for Hunter Hubris
5. Get atziri promise flask as fast as possible
6. Do not afraid to take node ghost reaver as soon as possible its massive defensive layer dunno why i took it on 88 lvl ... after it everything was much easier (we will not talk about the staff (on 91 i switched to one with hypothermia and proliferation and .... it was like a dream)

atm i have in my schedule:
1. hunter hubris (hope that finaly get me over 2k int i miss less then 200)
2. cluster cold (atm crafting true gardens mb that will be cheap update)
3. redo tree to get closer to your one.

Anyway great guide, thanks a lot.
I hope that ill do all challenges with that.
Stiglar
"
Kelvynn wrote:
I finally decided to upgrade my gear from the cheap stuff to something more serious. I've done the entire endgame with 2.2k Int and 9k ES, thanks to the self-casting goodness. Eventually I've sold enough loot to accumulate about 10 ex and wanted to try crafting some serious gear. Market prices are completely bonkers anyway.

I love Harvest and Betrayal. I take the Atlas passives for them and use them in crafting.

1c base. ilvl 77-79 Hubris Circlet with no influence.

Step 1: Use Deafening Essence of Spite (51+ Int suffix) until you get a T2 resistance suffix (42%+). If there is a 3rd suffix, annul it. If you annul Int or res - start over.

Step 2: Craft a junk suffix and Harvest 'reforge keep suffixes' (Wild Spikeback or Primal Scrabbler) until you get a decent flat +ES (T1-2) or %ES (T2-3). The idea is that you roll one of these things and can craft the other one.

Step 3: Now you need the item to have 2 prefixes. If it has only 1 prefix - use Leo in Research for 1 free ex slam (or just an exalted orb if that's easier for you). If it has 3 prefixes - annul one. If you annul Int or res - start over. If you annul the good ES prefix - go back to step 2.

Step 4: Craft the missing ES prefix (flat or %ES). Now the item has a decent amount of ES, 3 prefixes and 2 suffixes.

Step 5: Hunter slam guarantees a %Int suffix (this is the only possible Hunter suffix for ilvl 77-79). You get either T1 (9-10%) or T2 (7-8%). If the result is not perfect, just use it until you craft a better one.

In my case, I ended up with 1 prefix on step 3 and got very lucky with Leo - he gave me a T1 hybrid %ES.

Step 1: Can start with an ilvl 77-79 Vaal Regalia base with no influence and then fossil craft it with Dense+Fundamental until you get a decent ES and a flat Int suffix. ES and Int must roll naturally, you cannot craft them yourself. Or skip that and just buy one with those stats - such chests are not very rare or expensive.

Step 2: You need to have 1 suffix - the flat Int. Can try annulling extra suffixes. I bought and annulled 2 or 3 chests until I got 1 suffix without losing ES.

Step 3: If it has only 2 prefixes - craft a junk prefix. And then Crusader slam it. Unlike the helmet, the chance of getting %int suffix is not guaranteed, it's 1/3. If you don't get it - find another base and try again.

Step 4: Craft 6% Attr. Unveil chests with 'Hillock's Veil' mod to unlock this craft. Or just find somebody who has it.

You can try Dense+Fundamental fossils on the influenced regalia, but it seems like a low chance to me. At least I haven't had any success with that.

Last league it took me 5 Crusader slams to get %int. This league I got lucky on the first try.

Just some regular gloves with decent ES, T1 Int and at least 1 good res mod. Don't bother crafting them, just buy. ES on gloves is not very important, they can't have as much ES as chest or helmet. So just buy what you can afford.

This is also the only item that we can use the Eldritch currency on. Use the red currency to get Unnerve on Hit. Use the blue currency to get Damage per Int. I found those to be the best mods.

Synthesized 15% Int belts are cheap. This was my very first non-trivial upgrade.

Step 1: Scour the base and use 4 Intrinsic Catalysts to make it 20q (18% Int).

Step 2: Use Deafening Essence of Spite to get 51+ Int suffix. Depending on your other gear, you may want to keep rolling it until you get a specific 2nd suffix (res or Str).

Step 3: Annul until you get an empty prefix. Optionally an empty suffix too. If you annul Int or the other important suffix - start over. Empty suffix can be used to beast-craft Aspect of the Spider. Empty prefix is used to craft hybrid +ES/armour.

Most of the time, this is where you want to have Aspect of the Spider. It's the easiest and most convenient place for it.

I started with just 1 Spite essence and Aspect of the Spider on the belt. But later on I needed Str to upgrade from Astramentis to a rare amulet. I rerolled the belt with Spites until I got Str, but randomly got a decent res mod too. So then I kept the belt and crafted Aspect elsewhere.

Don't bother crafting the amulet yourself. It's too expensive, and the chance is too low. Just buy one with %int and Damage Per Int for 3-5 ex. They are by-products of high level crafting. Pro crafters spend huge amounts of currency to create mirror tier amulets with double attribute mods and damage. In doing so they produce a whole lot of sellable failures that are good enough for this build.

You want an empty suffix to craft some attributes. Replacing Astramentis means losing a lot of Str and Dex. But you want to have at least 111 Dex and about as much Str for the gems.

Rings should be upgraded last. Their purpose is to round up the stats and resists. The best ones are crafted on the synthesized 6% Int base with Deafening Essence of Spite. That base is very expensive. Sometimes you can also get lucky with double corruption in the Temple, or Gwen. Or just find something randomly good on the market. Just don't start with the rings. Do everything else first.

---

Anyway, I'm pretty much done with the gear now. If I get lucky with drops before finishing the 40 challenges, I might end up buying one of those godly 2-mod amulets. But my current 2.8k Int is already a massive overkill.

New video: The Maven

your more lucky then me on the crafts :P
how big is the 1% dmg per 15 int? cus i got an ammy with
31 all attrubite
54 int and 15% int so thats 85 int on top of 15% int
do you think increaed per 15 int with 14% int is better?
"
phantom_god wrote:
how big is the 1% dmg per 15 int? cus i got an ammy with
31 all attrubite
54 int and 15% int so thats 85 int on top of 15% int
do you think increaed per 15 int with 14% int is better?

I have 2831 Int. That one mod gives me 2831 / 15 = 188% Increased damage.

You can always check in PoB and see exactly how much your damage will change. Import your character, set the correct options, copy/paste the items you want to check, and see what happens when you use this or that one.

If you are not very familiar with PoB, you can import one of my snapshots (there is one under every video) and play with my data. To copy an item to PoB, if you have it or a link to it in game, press Ctrl-C. If it's on the trade website, there is a Copy Item icon when you move the mouse over it. Then in PoB, click Items -> Create Custom, press Ctrl-V, and Add to Build.
This build caught my eye, since the gameplay videos sorta remind me of 3.14 BF/BB raider when it comes to tankiness, but with cyclone. Which just sounds great tbh.

I was wondering how this build performed early league. The guide states that early bosses can take a long time/use a lot of portals, but the videos with a 10ex investment are the bosses just straight up melting.

Basically, I want a build that can cruise through to T16s on league start weekend with minimal investment (buying a few cheap uniques is fine), but that I can get to faceroll endgame bosses with minimal (10-15 ex) investment over the next few days. Does that sound like something this build can do?
"
Aughyssul wrote:
This build caught my eye, since the gameplay videos sorta remind me of 3.14 BF/BB raider when it comes to tankiness, but with cyclone. Which just sounds great tbh.

I was wondering how this build performed early league. The guide states that early bosses can take a long time/use a lot of portals, but the videos with a 10ex investment are the bosses just straight up melting.

Basically, I want a build that can cruise through to T16s on league start weekend with minimal investment (buying a few cheap uniques is fine), but that I can get to faceroll endgame bosses with minimal (10-15 ex) investment over the next few days. Does that sound like something this build can do?

u can pretty much do tier 16 maps with like an ex invesment

with the change to selfcast bosses melt now but you will want 10-15ex to make it better

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info