[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

I stumbled on this towards the end of Blight, test ran it, and am looking forward to working with it. I am going to use FP to 40, simply because I hate mines.

I'm curious though why you don't spec over to Wicked Ward and/or Prodigal Perfection?
"
Z1zman wrote:
I stumbled on this towards the end of Blight, test ran it, and am looking forward to working with it. I am going to use FP to 40, simply because I hate mines.

I'm curious though why you don't spec over to Wicked Ward and/or Prodigal Perfection?

I think i can answer to your question:

This is an ES leech build not an ES recharge build, Wicked Ward cut down our max ES leech (very bad) and also our ES regeneration which is also bad so Wicked Ward is just a real bad option to think of it.

Prodigal Perfection can be an high end game option (if you go for level 100) and have enough skill points to path to it, i had it used at some moment in time in Blight league with my char but in the end got rid of it and used those 5 skill points to path to it for some Dexterity to Intelligence conversion with Fertile Mind lower right of Scion start because the DPS/max ES values were higher by choosing this option instead of pathing to Prodigal Perfection - but this depends on the gear your character has.
Last edited by lilianmarius on Dec 13, 2019, 8:21:00 AM
Herald of ice over arctic armour?

I thought it would be a no-brainer for a build like this, i played an occultist version of this build pre-nerf and it had herald.

tldr; why doesnt this build use herald of ice?
"
lilianmarius wrote:

This 3-curses setup brings back nice memories from one of the first iterations of Kelvynn's Whispering Ice build (Scion) back in time when we were using 3 curses with Whispers of Doom and Doedre's Damning ring in 1 ring socket more than 3 years ago!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1627595

That build brings back memories and is also why I planned on going for Temporal Chains as the 3rd curse.

EDIT:
"
allurein wrote:

I thought it would be a no-brainer for a build like this, i played an occultist version of this build pre-nerf and it had herald.

Two reasons:

1.) Defense is generally better than offense for us. Arctic Armor helps with our worst defensive stat, physical damage, while we spin in place versus bosses. I do think it's the weakest layer of defense though, as it doesn't help while clearing packs, especially not versus the porcupines. It's also not useful versus bosses that move around a lot. It's really only good against stationary bosses, something this build already excels at.

2.) Herald of Ice requires you to shatter an enemy. We run Elemental Focus Support so that never happens. Icestorm itself will spread Chilled Ground, so we can chill enemies, but we do not have a way to freeze them.

Personally, I use Arctic Armor because I need a level 4 Enlighten to run any of the 35%s instead of it and Arctic Armor is the next best thing we can run.
Last edited by Parabola01 on Dec 13, 2019, 8:56:30 AM
"
allurein wrote:

Herald of Ice was used before Blight league when Winter Orb was used as channeling skill in a 5link(no EF) setup in trash clearing staff. Mobs were shattered with Winter Orb and Herald of Ice was used to trigger explosions over shattered mobs.

With Cyclone as a channeling skill we no longer shatter mobs(we cant shatter mobs with IceStorm - Elemental Focus is in the staff setup and even if you replace it with other DPS gem, damage per single IceStorm shard is not enough to freeze and shatter the majority of the mobs) so Herald of Ice becomes less useful to build, you can still use it only for added flat damage to spells stat that increase just by a bit IceStorm damage.

Myself used it last league in end-game when my char was fully geared instead of AA just for the small damage buff added to Icestorm but for end-game bosses like Uber Elder or Aul or for deep delving (past 500) i was still using AA instead of HoI.

And we cant use both AA and HoI since beginning with Blight league we started using also Flesh and Stone together with previously used Discipline and Aspect of the Spider so not enough mana for both AA and HoI in the same time.
Last edited by lilianmarius on Dec 13, 2019, 9:13:48 AM
"
Parabola01 wrote:

That build brings back memories and is also why I planned on going for Temporal Chains as the 3rd curse.

The Woke Curse On Hit is also insane!
Last edited by Comfyasabadger on Dec 13, 2019, 9:21:39 AM
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
allurein wrote:

Herald of Ice was used before Blight league when Winter Orb was used as channeling skill in a 5link(no EF) setup in trash clearing staff. Mobs were shattered with Winter Orb and Herald of Ice was used to trigger explosions over shattered mobs.

With Cyclone as a channeling skill we no longer shatter mobs(we cant shatter mobs with IceStorm - Elemental Focus is in the staff setup and even if you replace it with other DPS gem, damage per single IceStorm shard is not enough to freeze and shatter the majority of the mobs) so Herald of Ice becomes less useful to build, you can still use it only for added flat damage to spells stat that increase just by a bit IceStorm damage.

Myself used it last league in end-game when my char was fully geared instead of AA just for the small damage buff added to Icestorm but for end-game bosses like Uber Elder or Aul or for deep delving (past 500) i was still using AA instead of HoI.

And we cant use both AA and HoI since beginning with Blight league we started using also Flesh and Stone together with previously used Discipline and Aspect of the Spider so not enough mana for both AA and HoI in the same time.

Hey man, I remember you from a few leagues ago, are you playing WI again this league as well? what skills do you usually level with? how do you play the first 1-2 days without the staff?
"
Firestrike9 wrote:

Hey man, I remember you from a few leagues ago, are you playing WI again this league as well? what skills do you usually level with? how do you play the first 1-2 days without the staff?

I play Kelvynn's Whispering Ice build variations since 2.1 i think, like from 4 years ago continuously till present day.

For leveling i'll use Freezing Pulse as i always did in last few leagues. Regarding the staff, i normally gather enough currency (4-5 chaos) in first few hours so i can buy a staff and switch to IceStorm right when i hit level 38-39
Last edited by lilianmarius on Dec 13, 2019, 11:59:23 AM
Day one is over for me at lvl 59, was lucky to buy an 18% int staff for cheap. Ended up with 931 int + 1685 ES. The build is already starting to feel very strong, even with the buffed bosses :D
Nice! I only had a little time to play so only Lv 22 for me today. But this dropped for me right at the start...just a few more levels and I can use it:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info