[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Did with standard gear my first uber elder. Was really a joke. One death because false klick but all over all really easy.

So will see with hope in new league with that build

Only this fucking blight maps. NO idea how to do them above T13
According to PoB, Cold Pen is not ideal. I loaded in Kelvynn's Blight char into POB since mine obviously is way crappier, too crappy.

Cold Pen has lower absolute damage numbers than controlled destruction: 42% woke cold penetration vs. 45% for even the normal controlled destruction. Controlled destruction is the lowest damage support. Only way cold pen can be better is if CD causes the boss to have positive resistance, e.g. all the cold penetration causes the boss to go to 0% or lower resistance. Probably >=16% cold res without cold penetration.

Shaper and Friends now have 50% elemental res, up from 40%. I disabled frost bomb since you might not have time to caste it in a hectic endgame bossfight. Even then, the player cold penetration (tree, ascendancy, jewel) is 23% and the enemy lowered resistance (curse, ascendancy, helm) is 37%. Together this is an even 60%. If the helmet is too expensive for your taste, it's still 51%

So unless Uberelder and Aul have higher cold res as they are cold monsters, than shaper, controlled destruction is still the clear winner, especially the woke version.

Correction: we have 43% cold penetration due to Whispering Ice giving +1 to all skills. Doesn't change the outcome of course.
Last edited by HHLupus on Dec 12, 2019, 2:02:14 PM
"

Did you try using your oils?

Anoint rings to do more damage. Anoint the maps to help you out more (e.g., more damage, less cost for towers.)

For the blight maps I succeed in (about 50% success rate, admittedly), I find that clicking on towers off-screen from the pod and maxing them out is a big help (do that at the start, of course.)
Last edited by Graiaule on Dec 12, 2019, 2:00:01 PM
"
JSquare wrote:

They mean Curse on Hit.

HHLupus, IMO the stun immunity from the ascendancy is too strong to change even if the +1 curse seems wasted, maybe an opportunity for a third curse like temp chains to be added for a 6 link chest. Edit: Temp chains would also increase the duration of enfeeble/frostbite, generally a defensive option. However, elemental weakness could be a significant DPS boost.

Awakened Curse on Hit is really exciting to me. I think the curse to use is going to depend on what you're facing.

Most of the time, I think Temporal Chains will be better. It extends the duration of Frostbite and slows mobile enemies to keep them inside Icestorm for longer, both of which increase our DPS. At the same time, it extends Enfeeble and makes the enemies cast and attack slower, adding yet even more defense to this already tanky build.

Elemental Weakness will still have a place for maps that have the "Monsters' Action Speed cannot be modified to below base value" mod. I'm also speculating that it might be better for Hexproof maps. If the chance to ignore hexproof is rolled for all three curses at once (either you get 3 curses on an enemy or you get 0), then I don't really have a point here. However, if the curse chance is rolled independently for each curse, then Elemental Weakness becomes a back-up Frostbite and an additional roll at the dice to lower enemy resistances.

I'm leaning towards Temporal Chains, but the change in enemy HP values could change that. Overall, though, I'd rather have another defensive layer than have better DPS, but that's how I want to play. There's also the fact that if a map has the mapmod of "Monsters' Action Speed cannot be modified to below base value" AND I don't have white sockets to move gems about, I could always swap Temporal Chains with Blind.
"
Graiaule wrote:
"

Did you try using your oils?

Anoint rings to do more damage. Anoint the maps to help you out more (e.g., more damage, less cost for towers.)

For the blight maps I succeed in (about 50% success rate, admittedly), I find that clicking on towers off-screen from the pod and maxing them out is a big help (do that at the start, of course.)

Cant oil my maps as cassia isnt in std (or i am to dumb to find her) and rings with 6 % inc int dont have with annoits.
Will try perhaps in new league as i will play first std to try out the new bosses in atlas with best gear i have :-)

End if YOU have only 50 % sucess i feel a bit better. I am at 3 of 10 T13 bor T14 and 1 of 10 T15 with luck.

I thought you make 90 to 100 % in blighted maps.
Last edited by ichbinwerichbi on Dec 12, 2019, 2:20:39 PM
"
Cant oil my maps as cassia isnt in std

Go to your hideout. Press "edit", press the chair beside it labeled "decorations". In there you can find Cassia to position wherever you want.
Cassia is a "hideout item" :)
"
Parabola01 wrote:
I'm leaning towards Temporal Chains, but the change in enemy HP values could change that. Overall, though, I'd rather have another defensive layer than have better DPS, but that's how I want to play. There's also the fact that if a map has the mapmod of "Monsters' Action Speed cannot be modified to below base value" AND I don't have white sockets to move gems about, I could always swap Temporal Chains with Blind.

Aspect of the Spider is still the best ;) You don't really need TC with this build. Everything is already chilled, and with Aspect it's slowed and takes extra damage. Once you are at the point where you can choose advanced options, it's Aspect > all.
"
HHLupus wrote:
According to PoB, Cold Pen is not ideal. I loaded in Kelvynn's Blight char into POB since mine obviously is way crappier, too crappy.

Cold Pen has lower absolute damage numbers than controlled destruction: 42% woke cold penetration vs. 45% for even the normal controlled destruction. Controlled destruction is the lowest damage support. Only way cold pen can be better is if CD causes the boss to have positive resistance, e.g. all the cold penetration causes the boss to go to 0% or lower resistance. Probably >=16% cold res without cold penetration.

Why are you choosing between CP and CD? They are both used in the build.
He doesn't have to choose between aspect and curse. The curse possibility is there, so why not use it? Only if you lack the sockets or frost wall is better than a 3rd curse or you only have a 5L chest, then there is no point in a curse.

Otherwise you want to choose a 3rd curse.

So which from the available contenders is "best"? As long as you can slow down the monsters any further, temp chains looks good to me. Is there a lower limit to the slowness of them? One that we already reach with chill+aspect?
"
HHLupus wrote:
He doesn't have to choose between aspect and curse. The curse possibility is there, so why not use it? Only if you lack the sockets or frost wall is better than a 3rd curse or you only have a 5L chest, then there is no point in a curse.

Otherwise you want to choose a 3rd curse.

So which from the available contenders is "best"? As long as you can slow down the monsters any further, temp chains looks good to me. Is there a lower limit to the slowness of them? One that we already reach with chill+aspect?

Ah, I see. With a 6L chest, I'd go with EW for more damage.

This is also why Occ > Ele. An extra curse adds much more damage than a little extra penetration.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 12, 2019, 3:30:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info