After WoW "Classic" launch success, Diablo 2 "Remastered" is only a matter of time.

"
pphnx wrote:
If they do D2 remastered it will be one of the biggest mistakes in all Blizzard history.

D2 was good for its era but now it's very far away from what people expect from an arpg.

That's just wrong. It would be a huge success. Starcraft 1 did well, and Warcraft 3 will if it ever comes out. Everyone wants a remastered Diablo 2, it would be freaking great. It's just a matter of time if Blizzard decides to, and if they've remastered 2/3 of their famous old games... surely Diablo 2 is next to make up for Diablo Immortal
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
"
pphnx wrote:
If they do D2 remastered it will be one of the biggest mistakes in all Blizzard history.

D2 was good for its era but now it's very far away from what people expect from an arpg.

That's just wrong. It would be a huge success. Starcraft 1 did well, and Warcraft 3 will if it ever comes out. Everyone wants a remastered Diablo 2, it would be freaking great. It's just a matter of time if Blizzard decides to, and if they've remastered 2/3 of their famous old games... surely Diablo 2 is next to make up for Diablo Immortal

D2 has so many design mistakes. At that time these are not mistakes bsc ppl had nothing to compare.

if they make d2r yes everyone will be so happy. but just for one week. after one week all the game will be deserted.
Last edited by pphnx on Aug 31, 2019, 8:24:20 PM
"
pphnx wrote:
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
"
pphnx wrote:

D2 has so many design mistakes. At that time these are not mistakes bsc ppl had nothing to compare.

if they make d2r yes everyone will be so happy. but just for one week. after one week all the game will be deserted.

mhm. like the original d2 LoD was? Lots of people playing this game even nearly two decades after release. And talking about design "mistakes": POE knows a thing or two about this too. Didn't stop it from becoming some kind of relevant, did it?
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
I still play D2 for shits and gigs with friends, it's great fun.

I would personally love a remaster of it.
Souls along a conduit of blood, from one vessel to the next.
"
ghamadvar wrote:

mhm. like the original d2 LoD was? Lots of people playing this game even nearly two decades after release. And talking about design "mistakes": POE knows a thing or two about this too. Didn't stop it from becoming some kind of relevant, did it?

No. Just a couple of nostalgia freaks are playing this game. I'm talkng about D2 LoD not the PoD, Median or vss which completely change game/loot mechanics and itemization.

I didnt say d2 has no good things afterall. Bcs of these good things we are playing poe.

But at nowadays design mistakes are overwhelming that goodies and d2 can not go far from being some inspiration to other arpgs.

D2 is like 2001: A Space Odyssey syndrome. Great movie at that time bu today's standarts it's far from being okay. Even Kubrick said in 1998 : I watched it again after all these years and cmon I was bored as hell.
Damn! The space odyssey is a very, very strong argument.
I'll give you that ;)

And yeah, maybe you are right and D2 is really a little bit too old, too clunky and outdated. Let's find common ground: a remaster with some polished edges then?
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
I would definitely play D2 remastered, with new graphics and some play style updates;) I did play d2 LoD not a long time ago and was just thinking about if they could do remastered version;) it’s just too outdated for to play it now with all t “new” games which looks much better.. Bit is still fun;)
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
It would depend on how it was remastered.If it were just graphics I'd play it out of curiosity to see how graphics might alter the experience.I'd likely grow bored with it again since I played it to death.

Thing is I am playing the remaster of Titan quest quite a bit,if they did as much for D2 I'd definatly go for it.I don't think they would though,I think what has been done to TQ is highly unusual and it was very unexpected.I have seen quite some hate towards it being 'old' though.If games being old was so terrible why do emulators exist.Also games don't age,people age.
Last edited by Kavlor on Sep 6, 2019, 5:32:23 AM
"
AnwarD wrote:
...If you compare this to the standard poe has set today, d2lod simply falls into nothingness.

The mechanics aren't that different, really. The "gameplay" element that we engage in, which is habitual "loot runs" isn't much different than Bhaal runs...

What are we doing when we run the same Tier map over and over if not for D2 Bhaal runs?

Admittedly, PoE has much more content and things to fiddle with, but the activity is pretty much the same. PoE was inspired to be "Diablo 3" after all. It isn't, but that's a good thing.

(D3 is great. But, it gets very tiresome chasing the Rift leaders. And, if there's an exploit, most of them know it and use it...)
As someone who played WoW off and on since Open Beta, I just dont see the draw of classic whatsoever. I'm also not huge on nostalgia, so maybe thats it. But I just dont get it.

I mean if I was gonna pick a time to go back to play WoW, it wouldn't be classic, it would be Wrath of the Lich King, or Burning Crusade.

I know there is a good bit of players that just didnt experience it, so I understand that, too. But I dont consider classic anywhere near the pinnacle of WoW, so I dont know why people wanted it so much over say, BC or Wrath.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info