After WoW "Classic" launch success, Diablo 2 "Remastered" is only a matter of time.

I would actually really rather play D1 remastered than D2.
I think many people have rose colored glasses about past games.
This includes d2lod, and wow classic ( i loved that game spent 1000's of hours in it)

But I sure as hell won't go back to the current classic, it was tedious as hell in comparison to today's standard.

This is no different than d2lod. Some aspects of it were great like runewords, and the little pvp community. But pve existed of baal runs to level or mephisto to MF. There was little else besides some random pvp/clan pvp games.

If you compare this to the standard poe has set today, d2lod simply falls into nothingness.
When I played Median XL in last year I realized how outdated D2 in reality is, and Im not even talking about graphic. Getting stuck on every pebble/chest is so frustrating.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Have you tried The Hell mode for D1?
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Have you tried The Hell mode for D1?

Yep... but my preferred playstyle was to pick some random skill and see if I could finish normal with it. Pretty sure I got all of them.
"
Exile009 wrote:
You know there's actually a fair number of ARPG's out there, right? Diablo 3, Grim Dawn, Wolcen, Torchlight 2, Last Epoch, Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor, etc. to name a few. PoE has outcompeted all of them, I don't see why it won't outcompete a mere remaster of a game ARPG veterans have already played to death and ARPG newcomers will probably find clunky and outdated.

Lol you realize Wolcen and Last Epoch are the "new one's" and are still in Beta test at most right ^^ ?

You can't really outcompete games that are still not released XD.
Last edited by Bakudan on Aug 31, 2019, 3:22:57 PM
they shoulda made diablo 2 remastered fucking years ago its one of the easiest signs that blizzard management are clueless tbh, I'd understand if they decided they didn't want to remaster anything but to do D2 last (which is where we are getting to) is just leaving money on the table.
As long they get money from Diablo 3 they wont make Diablo 2 remastered.
"
RPGNoobANKA wrote:
On the other hand, the success of "Classic" and "Remastered" Editions, give POE players hope for a "POE: (Chris Wilson) DIRECTORS CUT", some time in the future. In the future. As GGG at the moment just doesn't have the resources for anything else than POE.

We don't yet know what the plan is for 4.0, but 10 acts were part of the original vision of PoE WAAAAAY back in the day (before 3.0 was announced we had no idea the last 6 would be coming at once though, hahah), so whatever PoE is now, is the "DIRECTOR'S CUT". You're not going to get to go back to a time when Vaal Oversoul, Piety, Dominus, or Atziri were the final bosses.
Last edited by codetaku on Aug 31, 2019, 5:37:55 PM
In 4.0 we totally will be able to relive the past and play as a characters from PoE History - Piety, Dominus, Malakai, Avarius etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info