[3.8] Assassin Poisonator | Cobra Lash / Venom Gyre | All Content | Uber Elder Video |

What do we anoint if we have solstice vigil and not going despair?
IGN: Delran
Last edited by Delran2 on Sep 17, 2019, 8:39:46 PM
Venom Gyre shredding a T16 beyond with a 10 second Minotaur kill and blight.. the kill would have been faster if i remembered to pop my pots again hehe.

https://youtu.be/i09yvBo3sKk

PoB with new claw: https://pastebin.com/SamH6x1q
twitch.tv/VtuberLunartuna
Last edited by Lunartuna on Sep 17, 2019, 9:53:35 PM
"
Lunartuna wrote:
Anyone else notice venom gyre feels best with 3 pierce? i tried 4 and it doesnt feel as good.

You want the projectile to return to you and do the second hit/poison. more pierces, the longer it takes for that to happen.

"
I'm also trying to figure out a realistic amount of poison stacks to put into PoB if an enemy is being hit 12 times a second.

The main problem is noxious strikes gives us increased poison duration for each poison stack inflicted recently.

So 5 stacks of poison has a duration of 13.64 seconds.

20 stacks of poison has a duration of 16.5 seconds.

50 stacks of poison has a duration of 22.21 seconds.

Most red map bosses are alive for less than 3-4 seconds.

So there is a lot to think about lol...

Well you figure at 100% poison and 100% accuracy, it's 1 poison per hit, so APS x 4 sec. Approx 6 APS means 24 poisons applied recently. With Venom Gyre, it could very well be double that, or close to double.

"
If i'm conservative and put 10 stacks of poison and 10 stacks of withered in PoB i'm at 8 million dps/2.5 million shaper.

https://pastebin.com/hxkHcLmC

I much prefer this tree to the original. I just respecced mine to match. With the extra jewel slots, I end up with more DPS and more life compared to what I had previously. Nice set-up!
"
Lunartuna wrote:
Venom Gyre shredding a T16 beyond with a 10 second Minotaur kill and blight.. the kill would have been faster if i remembered to pop my pots again hehe.

https://youtu.be/i09yvBo3sKk

PoB with new claw: https://pastebin.com/SamH6x1q

Just FYI not trying to bring your numbers down

modifying the mods in Path of Building, I think 60% more damage with poison is not as accurate since the original wording has "with this weapon"

the wording should probably be

"Attacks with this weapon deals 60% more damage with poison" not sure what the difference is with wording, but POB reflects significant differences in DPS due to the wording.

I believe this reflect more realistic number?(just an assumption) But can anyone confirm what is the best mods to write for POB to register 60% chance for poison inflicted with this weapon to deal 100% more damage with poison ?

Lastly, this has been said somewhere and I agree, I think Ambush & Assasinate is a very bad ascendancy. Whatever effect on Full life is gone once monster hit 99.9% hp. whatever effect lowlife only comes into play 35% and under (maybe a little bit useful on high end bosses?) but come to think about it.. might as well power charge if you dont like opportunistic ?

Edit: I'm so confused how do you setup the withered stack in the configuration of PoB ? can't seem to find it in mine. Same setup Cwdt - withered step as you.
Last edited by Neyeah on Sep 18, 2019, 3:18:14 AM
By the way, I feel projectile speed makes the build feel so much smoother/better. Despite not necessarily adding damage

BUT, gameplay wise..

be it Venom projectiles travelling faster = faster back n forth = faster poison stack no ?

Cobra faster projectile faster projectile travel faster chain.. feels clear speed is faster as well.

Ballistic Mastery makes a lot of difference imo.. anyone else tested with more proj speed ? = )

proj speed + cobralash chain 3 additional time enchant dang..lol like a different game altogether
Last edited by Neyeah on Sep 18, 2019, 1:31:41 AM
So is going for perfect agony worth it? im debating on spending the five points to get to it but im not sure yet i figure i can take away claws of the falcon and be just fine but i would like some input if yall dont mind. Also how are yall dealing with mana? I am using 3 auras (temp chain, Despiar, and aspect of spider) and i have like 40 mana left over. I can clear everything just fine but im having to spam pots. Any solutions?
Last edited by malignSAINT on Sep 18, 2019, 2:50:02 AM
"
malignSAINT wrote:
So is going for perfect agony worth it? im debating on spending the five points to get to it but im not sure yet i figure i can take away claws of the falcon and be just fine but i would like some input if yall dont mind. Also how are yall dealing with mana? I am using 3 auras (temp chain, Despiar, and aspect of spider) and i have like 40 mana left over. I can clear everything just fine but im having to spam pots. Any solutions?

look at the amulet in the gear. you need that before using temp chain...
Guys, I know my set-up is a mess, but I really need a light here... Im having a hard time clearing any t12-t13 without dying... on PS4
still cant afford a 6L, but can someone take a look at my tree and gem setup?
where I fked up? what to change?
Please and Thx very much for any help..
do we know which of the enchants on helm is best for venom gyre?
1) Wither on hit
2) flat % increase
3) % chance for whirling blades retain knives
"
malignSAINT wrote:

Using Coralito's Flask is enough, don't need to spend the points.
If you wouldn't use Coralito's, I'm pretty sure it's worth pathing to Perfect Agony.

Looking at your build, I don't see why you have 2 curse auras active. You don't have Whispers of Doom or any other source for allowing a second curse.
So drop Despair until you can actually use a second curse.
Then you have enough free Mana (or can use something else like skitterbots/HoA in the meantime).
For mana I anointed Spirit Void for more mana leech until I got Whispers of Doom on my Amulet. Now I have a bit of mana leech on one of my rings.

"
Kbanger wrote:
do we know which of the enchants on helm is best for venom gyre?
1) Wither on hit
2) flat % increase
3) % chance for whirling blades retain knives

Flat damage increase does not scale our poison afaik, so it's pretty useless.
Retaining knives probably isn't that good either with how fast we attack and gain knives, so I would def go for Wither on Hit, youdont have to rely on Withering Step.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info