[3.8] Assassin Poisonator | Cobra Lash / Venom Gyre | All Content | Uber Elder Video |

I tweaked my gear around a little bit, added malevolence and using Asenath's Gentle Touch for explosions and temp chains on hit:

Thanks to the author for the build. First time playing poison and it was very fun and effective. I went pretty much by the book. Would recommend!
Last edited by Ziltoidian on Oct 19, 2019, 5:27:48 PM
I don't think this is right with withering step. From what I've read on the actual gem, when you use a skill, you lose all effects of withering step, so unless you're basically blasting your enemies with projectiles and then casting it, you're not benefiting.
Last edited by Slicer9875 on Oct 26, 2019, 9:58:13 AM
"
Slicer9875 wrote:
I don't think this is right with withering step. From what I've read on the actual gem, when you use a skill, you lose all effects of withering step, so unless you're basically blasting your enemies with projectiles and then casting it, you're not benefiting.

Yeah thats pretty much how I do it. I hit it to reset elusive as well.

When you hit writhing step bosses melt from all the poison stacks on them.
Last edited by Nizreb915 on Oct 26, 2019, 12:54:28 PM
"
Slicer9875 wrote:

There's two ways to use it.

Activate Plague Bearer then Withering Step and run through mobs until it wears off.

Activate Withering Step in combat to apply 7 stacks of wither at lvl 21 to the enemy.
This may seem a stupid question but GMP does not shotgun, right? So it would not hit the same enemy 5 times per cast (if you're near), thus no great Lgoh, only 1 poison proc per attack etc.
Right?
I am sure I overlook something because in the guide it's said you get 30 hits on single enemy with 6 attacks/s. Wondering how.
If GMP worked on single enemies that'd be insane but I am quite sure they changed that a long time back.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Jasmira on Oct 31, 2019, 4:51:06 PM
Hey! Great guide. I've been loving it so far...
Quick question, Just curious in your final build i noticed you take "Piercing shots". I was under the impression you couldnt have a chaining skill pierce as well. Is Cobra Lash an exception to this?
"
Kortonx wrote:
Hey! Great guide. I've been loving it so far...
Quick question, Just curious in your final build i noticed you take "Piercing shots". I was under the impression you couldnt have a chaining skill pierce as well. Is Cobra Lash an exception to this?

It's because folks switched to venom gyre.

The person who created this build didn't actually take it very far, they abandoned it very early without taking it to end game. You won't find help from them in this thread.

The build is end game capable but venom gyre does better single target damage.

If anyones interested i've been playing abit with timeless jewels for this build, made a short video showing jewel with the best divine i've hit so far.

Link to Video
bit off topic. This helm is a good base to craft some cool stuff for this build ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info