What do you collect?

"

What sites can you recommend for people interested in purchasing some?

Nearly all the fun of collecting is being able to visit the formations and learn about how X got into Y rocks.

Of course there's places with gorgeous and exquisitely well preserved specimens, where you'll get shot at, sunburned, eaten by insects, or fall to a quick and splatty death, and the folks who extract saleable specimens from these formations don't give a rats fart about stratigraphy or geology.

I used to collect a lot of things, but work travel and realizing nobody gives a shit about your collections made me slowly get rid of all these things.

Matchbox cars, Hot Wheels, model kits, Lego, Star Wars action figures, Magic cards, rocks, minerals, fossils, coins (much more boring with the Euro), anything heavy or water-soluble or easily broken or ruined by long term storage outdoors in a shed - gave, sold, or donated these all away.

Just knowing that someone else is getting more satisfaction out of having an unassembled Spitfire RC plane kit in a box collecting dust, is enough for me. Just the thought that if I have to move to Hoboken to take a job in 3 days, I don't have to lug 20 years of magic cards or half the Wheeler Shale Formation across 4 states, is a reassurance.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
Reinhart wrote:

The coins I wont put on the interweb anyway.

Perfectly understandable. I won't post my Perth stuff either because people like us are infowars level paranoid. Shame, I have quit purchasing once I've reached the magical 33% level and I kind of miss it, oh well.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
Dust. And cobwebs.

I used to collect ballpoint pens, keyrings and rocks. Moved halfway across the globe with only a bag of clothes and no longer collect anything material.
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
I collected stamps but that got expensive pretty quickly as a kid and I gave it up early on.

When I was young I collected comics and had quite a nice collection going including a Spiderman #2 and some 1950's era Donald Duck comics (which were incredibly funny, well written and had twice as many pages) that were passed down by my great uncle. I sold them all to fund starting college which in retrospect I very much wish I had not done.

I haven't collected anything else of note in some time.
@OP: I collected old computer hardware but the older I became the more I felt like wasting my time. Now I "only" collect great moments with my daughter and my life really entered the next level. Collecting good times with the people you love > everything else. Give it a try!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Collected stamps as a kid, but never had any interest in it so stopped at some point. No idea how I even got started with that, must have been something my parents started for me or something.

Played MTG at some point as a kid as well, but never saw myself as a collector, just had a few decks that I played with.

I don't collect anything now, don't see the point/fun in it. Getting clos to 400 games on Steam, if you could call that a collection.
I collect coins, comics and sci-fi books mostly. I used to collect stamps too (my grampa's collection that I continued) but stopped long time ago.
Oh and whisky bottles. After they've been emptied ;-)
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Coins, rather haphazardly.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Seriously, none of you will post any coin pictures? I do understand those who have gold and silver, we're paranoid, but normal coins? My father collects this stuff, from the earliest ~500 BCE coinage, through roman empire/republic to some interesting designs from British Colonies, I bet he'd like to see what do you guys have.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
I don't collect anything anymore. Matter a fact I got an extra dumpster at my house to throw shit away. I have a 6 month rule - if I don't use something in 6 months it goes in the garbage no matter value. I've thrown away a $3000 Omega Seamaster before watch I got from my dad because it didnt qualify. I dont wear watches.

Best Investment is let masters on wall street build your savings. Even if they lose sometimes (2008) they win.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 27, 2019, 9:34:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info