What do you collect?

As some of you may know, Chris Wilson, one of the founders of PoE is an avid MTG collector. I guess all that PoE money will come to good use.

I collect:

* High quality scientific books. And I mean real scientific books, not books for the layman. I got quite a stock of them, mostly subfields of mathematics and physics. I have read almost all of them and made summaries of these. It is just amazing to see them all displayed on my shelves. Regular books I hardly collect as I have a public library nearby.

* Comics. Mostly European (read French and Belgian) but I got some American as well. I don't collect everything as some youtubers do. The writing has to be good, the story captivating and intriguing, before I consider purchasing it. I am also a huge sucker of great artstyle. My favourite series overall is Thorgal.

* Numismatic precious metal coins. I make most of my purchases from the Perth Mint, Royal Mint (UK), official US Mint, Munze Osterreich and the Ukranian Mint. Hardly purchase anything from the Canadian Mint as they tend to have milkspotting. Got some African coins in my collection as well. Also got bullion as a hedge to some of my financial products.

* Used to have quite a pc game collection but I sold off the majority. As games are not backwards compatible with newer operating systems, I decided to buy most of my games on GOG now. Some claim pc games will all be digital in 2022.

* My grandpa gave me his stamp collection but I have never really continued it up to this point.

* Collect virtual items in free online games. Since 2013 that means just PoE. Steadily growing my Alt Art and Foiled Relic collection, both in Standard and Hardcore.

What do you collect and what collections are you really proud of? Maybe I hear of something I wasn't aware of.
I collect mineral samples, gemstones, meteorites and fossils.

I also have a decent collection of american coins with some dating back to the mid 1800's.

But mostly I'm a rockhound. :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
I collect mineral samples, gemstones, meteorites and fossils.

I also have a decent collection of american coins with some dating back to the mid 1800's.

But mostly I'm a rockhound. :)

Thanks for contributing!

I got a few minerals and fossils myself. But they are stored in some box but don't know where. (Lost my inventory list of all my boxes since I moved).

Did you find some of your stones yourself?

What sites can you recommend for people interested in purchasing some?
Uhm, guys, this thread makes no sense without pictures. Show me them books, coins and rocks. Especially Perth mint stuff, Perth makes the best shit.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
"
Uhm, guys, this thread makes no sense without pictures. Show me them books, coins and rocks. Especially Perth mint stuff, Perth makes the best shit.

Yeah, well got to disappoint you as I got no smartphone ... yes major shocker!

The coins I wont put on the interweb anyway.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Masterpiece-level Transformers, blurays in general, high quality anime/game figurines. The usual weeb shit.

I don't really collect books, much in the same way that I don't really deliberately breathe either.

Good to know. I got a box full of super mini transformers. If the time comes, I might send them to you. :)

Does your figurine collection also include items from the weta shop? If so, can you tell us something about the quality of their products?
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
I collected magic the gathering cards until Magic Arena came out, alot easier to collect and sort online.

"
Rorshax wrote:
I collected magic the gathering cards until Magic Arena came out, alot easier to collect and sort online.

Thanks for mentioning this. IT seems a very recent free to play game. If it is a gentle introduction into MTG, I might be interested in it.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
magic the gathering, and have some plans to start coins in future. Was thinking to start out by buying some local commemorative gold and silver coins made in 1990s that are slowly running out of stock.
Spreading salt since 2006
Souls
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
I have recently been collecting all the clips off of bread bags. Don't ask me why, I'm not even sure.

Other than that, I have a MTG card collection, but I don't have the money to spend on that anymore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info