[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

Sorry for the dumb question, I'm still quite new, but on the note of MoM, EB and Wicked Ward- Why do we use these at all? only 30% of damage is taken from ES and the amount of ES is a fair bit higher than 30% of our life pool, wouldn't it be better just to use ES as normal?

What am not understanding here?

Also are there any 15% mana reservation auras or anything I can use to max out mana reservation before I get an enlighten?
Fighted with T15-16 conquers, metams and sirius.

Feedback about build #2:

Setup:
21lvl / 20Q ED + 6L cane + 3 empower + 4L 20lvl vaal blight. Got amulet with +1 chaos. 5.2K HP.

About conquers:
You can't kill them instantly.
Most annoying one is warlord. At last phase he give you 3s window to dps after that he summons banners. Also he can summon banner immediately after they being destroyed. (ffs)
Others I met not so much, but they just hit and run gameplay most of the time. Blight can get you killed if you not careful. For example permafreezed to death vs frost conq while she channel her winter orb.

Sirius:
Easy mechanic. Can't kill him with 1 try cause shit storms everywhere. Got him at 20% HP and out of portals.

Map bosses:
Still not a big problem, but not a zoom zoom either.

About metams:
Don't stack to much on them like: Life regen, hexproof or chaos res. Also not add crazy damage combos.
Recently I stop doing full bar metam since I can't get eyes so no point in them.

Also also I run last league with bane and want to share some thoughts about second 6L as bane. As you probably know bane have tag curse which leads to:
1) Curse effect nodes raise you bane effectiveness (but we not use them)
2) Curse effects are lower on unique enemies (less damage)
3) Cannot be applied to hexproof (can be bypassed via awakened gem or occultist)
4) Cannot be applied to SOME ENEMIES =\= hexproof. Example totems or syndicate door also some bosses have curse immune (big damage loss). You can still apply bane portion of skill but it will lost all linked curses in process.
5) Curses linked with bane stacked additive not multi so if you plan to use bane + 2-3 curse setup it will do less damage then normal setup (bane + despair).
For main skill this was not pleasant experience, but for backup skill it can work.
Why is ED linked with empower? Shouldn't be it with blight (and socketed into weapon)?
Maybe a noob question, but I thought ED here is for clearing and blight for bossing - which needs more damage
Last edited by Victtorius on Dec 22, 2019, 5:31:47 AM
I just wanted to share my experience with this build with about as low budget you can possibly get with only spending 1c on my Cane and 2c on the boots so far with most of my gear still been the items I picked up though the acts whilst levelling up.

I'm currently breezing through t6-8 maps and have unlocked 8 watchstones so far with only the Warlord and the time he takes to kill been a little annoying all others died super fast, map bosses all pose no threat through are defences and die reasonably fast and Metamorphs I haven't had any issues with either only 1 so far has manages to instakill me. I just skirt around the edge of the screen throwing contagion and ED on the adds and a few Wither totems that then insta kills everything and spreads back onto the Meta boss.

The 4L Essense Drain I've been running with 100k DoT damage

There is definitely some massive areas to improve on this build with the 10EX build offering 4x the DoT damage I currently have along with even more massive defensive layers which I find already impressive, I just need to decided whether I invest in this build or carry on accumulating currently for another endgame build.

TLDR: Super strong league starter with zero currency investment.

Can someone help me? I can see the potential in this build but I'm struggling a lot while leveling. My single target damage sucks and killing act bosses is a real pain in the act.

I know my gear sucks, but I'm used to wear bad gear and still manage to kill bosses with almost any build

Is there any unique or gem link that I'm missing? (I'm not using bane btw)
Last edited by nico5051 on Dec 22, 2019, 11:52:25 AM
"
Zephyries wrote:
Sorry for the dumb question, I'm still quite new, but on the note of MoM, EB and Wicked Ward- Why do we use these at all? only 30% of damage is taken from ES and the amount of ES is a fair bit higher than 30% of our life pool, wouldn't it be better just to use ES as normal?

What am not understanding here?

Also are there any 15% mana reservation auras or anything I can use to max out mana reservation before I get an enlighten?

War banner is an "okay" 10% reservation skill before you get mana reservation going. Reduces nearby enemies's accuracy rating, alright choice.
When we use MoM, the amount of mana (or Mana+ES) we should have optimally is ~45% of our life pool. If you do the math, taking 30% of damage on our mana+es buffer means our optimal ES pool is 42.8% of our life pool. You want slightly higher than this to never be in a situation where you have life but no mana/es and can't cast anything, leading you to your death anyways.

The reasons we use MoM + EB instead of just keeping the ES buffer are:
- Solves all mana cost issues for skills
- Allows you to use both your life recovery and ES recovery mechanics when you take a hit. When just having an ES buffer, all damage is taken from ES first, meaning it's often down (and you're vulnerable). If you always split the damage between ES and life, you put much less stress on your ES pool and it's actually up to protect you.
"
Thronar wrote:

TLDR: Super strong league starter with zero currency investment.

Thanks mate!

"
nico5051 wrote:
Can someone help me? I can see the potential in this build but I'm struggling a lot while leveling. My single target damage sucks and killing act bosses is a real pain in the act.

I know my gear sucks, but I'm used to wear bad gear and still manage to kill bosses with almost any build

Is there any unique or gem link that I'm missing? (I'm not using bane btw)

I don't know why you're not obliterating everything really. Note that act bosses have 4-5 times more health than in last patch, so compare accordingly.
If you find leveling unpleasant, I'd recommend putting a 3l blight in your lifesprig with:
Blight-Infused chanelling-efficacy
And remove ED from your tabula, add Bane and Despair in the tabula. 6l bane feels faster before maps than ED/contagion and the damage is significant.
With these changes you should hopefully cruise trough acts quickly... :/

"
Victtorius wrote:
Why is ED linked with empower? Shouldn't be it with blight (and socketed into weapon)?
Maybe a noob question, but I thought ED here is for clearing and blight for bossing - which needs more damage

ED is our main skill and we want it to do as much damage as possible. Putting the blight setup in your weapon and the ED setup in your chest will result in slightly ore overall damage, but a good hard hitting ED trivializes most content (syndicate, beyond bosses...) without you having to cast your singletarget skill. Also, Empower (even at level 3) is the best 6th support gem for ED. You will have to use two empowers if you put blight in your weapon.

TL/DR: you're right if you only care about optimizing PoB dps, but it'll feel better to max ED in game.
"
Wolfin43 wrote:

About conquers:
You can't kill them instantly.
Most annoying one is warlord. At last phase he give you 3s window to dps after that he summons banners. Also he can summon banner immediately after they being destroyed. (ffs)
Others I met not so much, but they just hit and run gameplay most of the time. Blight can get you killed if you not careful. For example permafreezed to death vs frost conq while she channel her winter orb.

Sirius:
Easy mechanic. Can't kill him with 1 try cause shit storms everywhere. Got him at 20% HP and out of portals.

Map bosses:
Still not a big problem, but not a zoom zoom either.

Yeah, warlord is a big pain. Took me a while to understand that you can actually dps him when he has the big shield around him... I don't like that boss much, but at least he can't kill us, it just takes a bit.

I saw very similar builds to this deathless sirius with less defences and same damage, so we should be fine. It's a learning experience, apparently...

Thanks for the feedback!
"
Darkxellmc wrote:

Yeah, warlord is a big pain. Took me a while to understand that you can actually dps him when he has the big shield around him... I don't like that boss much, but at least he can't kill us, it just takes a bit.

Actually he can kill you with big fist smash ^) This thing one shot me once. It can one shot even with 7+k HP, so better run away)

"
Darkxellmc wrote:

I saw very similar builds to this deathless sirius with less defences and same damage, so we should be fine. It's a learning experience, apparently...

I never said "it was unreal" or something. Actually pretty ez pz, you just need luck with storm placements and/or manage them if it is even possible.
I lost 4 out of 6 portals to storms trying to get to the boss itself.
How can i finish the craft?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info