[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

I have ONE WEIRD TRICK to increase your ST DPS - get an alternate weapon and socket either Bane or Blight in it.

I'm using Bane right now because I prefer CWDT in my chest. A good Bane-Despair setup will take your main weapon ED setup a long way. Quality on Bane improves chaos res reduction on despair. I've got Bane-Despair-Empower-Enhance. If you'd rather do Blight, I recommend exactly what the OP had as the chest setup, but maybe throw an Empower in there if your secondary weapon has + support gem levels.

Apologies if you already read my rant to the above effect on this thread.
"
Patrickmnz wrote:
My numbers are nowhere near those numbers you're throwing out there.
Tbh half the time someone complains about abysmal damage the problem is in their gem level.

Imported your pastebin, and bingo: lvl 1 empower, lvl 19 essence drain. Meanwhile a +3 bow that is worth ~4ex.

Lvl 21 ed no quality is sub 10c, lvl 3 bricked empower is 5c. The difference between that is like difference between white bow and the 4ex one you use. For much less the price.

Anoint your neck, oils below gold are super cheap. Get anything you can afford.

Your rings are very basic, get ones with more resists, so you don't have to craft resist on boots instead of life.

Also while it's nice to flip gems for quality, quality on auras doesn't do much (usually increases its radius so it's only worth if it's an aura that affects enemies like pride or if you play an aurabot), you could have left them at lvl 20/0.

You can try to get culling strike somewhere, that alone would help you finish off bosses.

You could also downsize your medium cluster to 4-5 passives and just skip the 5th one on 5 slot, these 2 extra points can be utilized better than 4% multiplier, for example 10% extra life.

You have way too little life, under 4k for a lvl 92 character. You should probably look into replacing soul strike with a high life quiver with dot multi / chaos dot multi (even low roll for a starter), upgrade items that have no life or only crafted life. I feel like you're overvaluing chaos resist while that costs you wearing items that have chaos resist but no life.

Also you should skip that strength point below coordination and path below fangs of the viper instead, you don't need the extra 10 str now and if you ever need it for any reason for 1 point you can pick +30 node instead (prowess). You can also spam blessed orbs on your neck for easy +7 str. But generally I'd rather replace it with something with 70+ life.

At least you have lvl 21 blight and nice rolled flasks, so that's a plus!

If you upgrade ED gem setup and get around ~1k more life your QoL should improve a lot.
Very nice build and very detailed guide! I've been enjoying it so far!

I just managed to craft this.

By reading last few posts I was wondering if increased spell damage is worth keeping?

I think it is a really good amulet but not sure what to do with it. Any opinions? Is crafting +1 endurance charge and ex slam way to go? Or should I go for something else like life for example?

Just came here to thank Darkxellmc for this awesome build and guide. After a year of playing PoE, this was the first time I was able to kill Uber Elder. But for this, my second league I was able today to get 36/40 and enjoy and have fun through all content: All maps, Simulacrum, Shaper, Elder, Sirus A8 and guardiants, even Ubert Atziri fell.

From the guide all is good, but the flow charts for "what should I upgrade now" are awesome. Even not following them exactly, gives a great path to follow and not forget things. Thanks a lot for that

This is my current gear:

Wasn't able to get +3 endurance charges, but it was hard to replace those rings.

If only, one question that I have, is
Is there any certain point where taking the calculator for Mind over matter, you have enough ES even without discipline, so another aura could be more useful?
I have bricked so many rings trying to get a clean base, I think I am up to 20+ rings gone. They are very hard to get my hands on to even try
Last edited by nokken1 on May 2, 2020, 9:51:38 PM

what do you think about this helmet for faster mapping while waiting for a Vertex with 40% increased ED damage ?
Last edited by HunterIGame27 on May 3, 2020, 8:02:19 AM
How to get the Matatl mod on boots?

Also, how do we get the endurance charge craft mode?

Thank you!
"
Ssuffer wrote:
How to get the Matatl mod on boots?

Also, how do we get the endurance charge craft mode?

Thank you!

Matal - Set up temple for matal room; drops from doing incursion stuff, like Tane Boss and hope you get the boots incursion option somewhere in there; also think they randomly drop from incubators and somewhere else.

Endurance craft is from unveiling rings and amulets that have the 'veiled' modifier. Think you need a certain ilvl and if so, probably 75+.
Thanks for this build and all the detailed notes!

Path of Exile is the first dungeon crawler I've played since Diablo I, and it's been fun to learn the game with a guide to work from.

Half the pleasure comes from trying to figure out what to do next. At level 88, I've finally got the 6L staff, 5L Hyrri's Ire, and Vertex all setup according to the guide, so my next task is to upgrade life and resists because I've been relying on random drops for boots, gloves, and jewelry. Once I do that, I can free up some passive points that I've been using to boost resistances to get the cluster jewels in place...
I understand this build is hardcore viable, but I just died at lvl 91 on lvl 15 map. I had no time to react at all and honestly I don't even know what killed me lol. Until this map, I had no problem at all. Everytime I play this build this is what happens. I feel very tanky for a long time and suddenly I die out of nowhere. I had 4.5k life and 1.6kes and playing on console so it is hard to get better gear fast from trading. I didn't use MOM and Eldritch battery though.

50% evade 50% dodge and 42% to dodge spells. I had +5% dodge from phasing with the enchant on amulet and the elusive cluster jewel.

Any thoughts?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info