[3.9] Nickonasty's Modular CoCpri Ice Nova Assassin - Shaper/UElder Viable

The shield
is pretty good for deep delve it seems, the buff given is a lot of damage reduction
Excuse my ignorance but question on the APS, if ignoring cool down, if effective crit is only around 85% does that not mean you crit 85% of hits?

So if you can proc 6 times a second why is ideal aps not just under 6/0.85 ie. 7aps

Also you can get another 30% movement speed if you put cannot be frozen on boots?
"
Shankhook wrote:
Excuse my ignorance but question on the APS, if ignoring cool down, if effective crit is only around 85% does that not mean you crit 85% of hits?

So if you can proc 6 times a second why is ideal aps not just under 6/0.85 ie. 7aps

Also you can get another 30% movement speed if you put cannot be frozen on boots?

If you crit 2 times in a row with 7 aps (which is reasonable because your crit is 85%) but your spell cooldown is 1/6 of a second will you trigger a spell on the second crit?

Yes you can get 30% MS if you put it on boots.
noot noot
"
Ralign wrote:
"
Shankhook wrote:

If you crit 2 times in a row with 7 aps (which is reasonable because your crit is 85%) but your spell cooldown is 1/6 of a second will you trigger a spell on the second crit?

Yes you can get 30% MS if you put it on boots.

Ah ok got it now thx
"
JayRizzo03 wrote:
How on earth are you guys getting optimal APS figured out? I'm having a devil of a time doing it.

I'm running devotos + 9% cospris, so that's 25% AS right there. I also have Coordination + a 3% attack speed node, that's another 15% AS. Add in max Frenzies from Ice Bite (attached to HoI) and I'm at 7.57 Attack Rate on PoB. Then I also took Mistwalker, so that's another 20% AS. Putting a 20% AS jewel on my tree to simulate Mistwalker, and I have a PoB listed Attack Rate of 8.77. I have 98% chance to hit, with 82% chance to crit on cyclone with diamond flask up.

How do you balance all of this out? Am I looking at the wrong stuff here?

Sorry, looking at this more, I think I understand the math a little better.

8.77 attack rate * .82 chance to crit * .98 chance to hit gives me 7.0

So in reality, I should actually either get more attack speed or improve my cyclone's chance to crit.
Last edited by JayRizzo03 on Sep 30, 2019, 5:27:47 PM
"
JayRizzo03 wrote:
"
JayRizzo03 wrote:
How on earth are you guys getting optimal APS figured out? I'm having a devil of a time doing it.

I'm running devotos + 9% cospris, so that's 25% AS right there. I also have Coordination + a 3% attack speed node, that's another 15% AS. Add in max Frenzies from Ice Bite (attached to HoI) and I'm at 7.57 Attack Rate on PoB. Then I also took Mistwalker, so that's another 20% AS. Putting a 20% AS jewel on my tree to simulate Mistwalker, and I have a PoB listed Attack Rate of 8.77. I have 98% chance to hit, with 82% chance to crit on cyclone with diamond flask up.

How do you balance all of this out? Am I looking at the wrong stuff here?

Sorry, looking at this more, I think I understand the math a little better.

8.77 attack rate * .82 chance to crit * .98 chance to hit gives me 7.0

So in reality, I should actually either get more attack speed or improve my cyclone's chance to crit.

No you don't. Honestly just think of it as a logical flow chart:

You only need to know 2 things:
a) Do you have 14 CDR or more?
YES = 7.5
NO = 6
b) Are you dual wielding or not?
YES = a) answer * 2
NO = a) answer

The END. Do NOT factor in crit chance or hit chance.

You don't need to overthink it, you only need to check this number with your relevant flasks, charges and buffs (onslaught if you have it for example):

For your case specifically, you may need to go back to the drawing board because your APS is way higher than optimal (probably dual wield and try and hit 15 APS) lmk if you need help figuring that out.
noot noot
Last edited by Ralign on Sep 30, 2019, 6:05:46 PM
I would really appreciate that. My main goal for this character is to map as quickly as possible, so now I'm thinking trying to get closer to the 15 Attack Rate breakpoint would work better for me. I really love using Devotos.

Just so you know, I took a little different strategy on gearing - I went with Pandemonious and got my CDR on belt. I'm using a ES gained on hit while affected by Discipline Watcher's Eye. But here's my gear:

To push for a higher Attack Rate, I would wield another Cospris? What would I put in that weapon? Would I gain the rest of the attack speed from jewels or possibly run Blood Rage?
Last edited by JayRizzo03 on Sep 30, 2019, 6:16:42 PM
is 7.5 aps with 14% cdr taking latency into account? Or should I go for like 7.3-7.4 aps?
"
ElJesse wrote:
is 7.5 aps with 14% cdr taking latency into account? Or should I go for like 7.3-7.4 aps?

Takes latency into account. I think the actual value is something like 7.6.
noot noot
"
JayRizzo03 wrote:
I would really appreciate that. My main goal for this character is to map as quickly as possible, so now I'm thinking trying to get closer to the 15 Attack Rate breakpoint would work better for me. I really love using Devotos.

Just so you know, I took a little different strategy on gearing - I went with Pandemonious and got my CDR on belt. I'm using a ES gained on hit while affected by Discipline Watcher's Eye. But here's my gear:

To push for a higher Attack Rate, I would wield another Cospris? What would I put in that weapon? Would I gain the rest of the attack speed from jewels or possibly run Blood Rage?

Try the following on PoB: Frenzies, onslaught, mistwalker, faster Cospri's and dual wield. Then slot in Faster Attacks and add quality until you hit the breakpoint.
noot noot

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info