[3.9] Nickonasty's Modular CoCpri Ice Nova Assassin - Shaper/UElder Viable

"
slickV wrote:
I've loved playing this build and this guide is just awesome! Is there any way that you know of to combine this build with a flicker strike build? Thanks for all the time you put into this build and answering questions even after the fact!

Hi, it's possible to convert to flicker, issue is Frenzy sustain.

The easiest way is to use a crafted rare weapon with 25% chance to cause bleeding, golden rule, and red trail to generate permanent frenzy charges once you land a bleed.

The issue is you need a high enough bleed chance otherwise you'll stall frequently which kind of messes up your investment.

This becomes even more problematic when we consider that we do NOT want to use multistrike in our flicker links. This makes it very tricky because if we don't have high bleed chance, we'll flicker once then stall out.

The best solution I can think of is to dual wield Cospri's and socket your main spell trigger skills in them. Then in your 6L chest link Flicker + Multistrike + Chance to Bleed and other utility stuff like CoH, LGoH etc...

Personally I don't think it's a worthwhile investment as you lose a lot of damage for the clearspeed you get from Flicker. You'd be much more happy with predictable movement like QotF, although you can't hold down 1 button and clear an entire map.

With the 3.8 changes coming you'd also be more likely to not use flicker as Mistwalker and Elusive are exceptionally good clear boosters.

Hope this helps.

noot noot
"
Askandor wrote:
Hi, will you update this build up to 3.8?
Also any ways to run its as league starter?

It's entirely possible to run this as a league starter using the leveling variant up to about T10 maps before encountering some difficulties. I wouldn't recommend it for an SSF starter character as it requires a lot of build enabling uniques such as Maligaro's, Widowmaker, and Ungil's Harmony. That being said on trade league these uniques are typically inexpensive.

I'm not a price speculator but the general sentiment coming from the patch notes is that mana leech and sustain nerfs across the board will incentivize players to create trigger builds and channeling builds. This bodes poorly for early game Cospri's Malice prices. However, last league should have seen a steep entry price early on in the league for Cospri's but there wasn't and they went for anywhere between 20c-40c.

It's also worth noting that Cospri's Malice is NOT required to make a strong CoC build. With the standardization of Cyclone base radius at 11, I am personally looking forward to crafting CoC variants with physical spells and utilizing Eternity Shroud conversion properties. The lowered investment requirement on accuracy, coupled with the strength of multi-tiered conversion could make for an extremely fun high damage build (although definitely not friendly on the wallet).

I'll likely type up another CoC guide utilizing physical spells and we'll see how that goes. Of course do expect this one to be updated for 3.8 as well.
noot noot
"
Ralign wrote:
"
Askandor wrote:

It's entirely possible to run this as a league starter using the leveling variant up to about T10 maps before encountering some difficulties. I wouldn't recommend it for an SSF starter character as it requires a lot of build enabling uniques such as Maligaro's, Widowmaker, and Ungil's Harmony. That being said on trade league these uniques are typically inexpensive.

I'm not a price speculator but the general sentiment coming from the patch notes is that mana leech and sustain nerfs across the board will incentivize players to create trigger builds and channeling builds. This bodes poorly for early game Cospri's Malice prices. However, last league should have seen a steep entry price early on in the league for Cospri's but there wasn't and they went for anywhere between 20c-40c.

It's also worth noting that Cospri's Malice is NOT required to make a strong CoC build. With the standardization of Cyclone base radius at 11, I am personally looking forward to crafting CoC variants with physical spells and utilizing Eternity Shroud conversion properties. The lowered investment requirement on accuracy, coupled with the strength of multi-tiered conversion could make for an extremely fun high damage build (although definitely not friendly on the wallet).

I'll likely type up another CoC guide utilizing physical spells and we'll see how that goes. Of course do expect this one to be updated for 3.8 as well.

whats your thought on this build? Did you math the shit out for 3.8? seems like more dps now no?
"
Deadbringer wrote:
"
Ralign wrote:
"
Askandor wrote:

whats your thought on this build? Did you math the shit out for 3.8? seems like more dps now no?

Yeah should be more if you keep the ascendancy the same. I'm thinking about dropping opportunistic for Mistwalker since the defenses will be nice. If I do that I'll probably also drop Soul Tether and Glorious Vanity and go full Acrobatics.
noot noot
I'm going to try and league start ith this build tomorrow. I'm planning to start with explosive trap + freezing pulse (frost bomb at lv4), switch to storm brand/recall at 16 and leveling from there while filling the backbone of the passive skill tree.

I'm unsure when to switch to CoC, the guide states at 44 but that's with some leveling gear (tabula, etc...). The alternate/leveling version uniques are pretty inexpensive... should I farm a tabula in BAcq before switching, or is a 4L enough?
"
daderef wrote:
I'm going to try and league start ith this build tomorrow. I'm planning to start with explosive trap + freezing pulse (frost bomb at lv4), switch to storm brand/recall at 16 and leveling from there while filling the backbone of the passive skill tree.

I'm unsure when to switch to CoC, the guide states at 44 but that's with some leveling gear (tabula, etc...). The alternate/leveling version uniques are pretty inexpensive... should I farm a tabula in BAcq before switching, or is a 4L enough?

At league start I'd recommend farming baq just for the qol of having a 6L.
noot noot
"
Ralign wrote:
"
daderef wrote:

By baq - does that mean blood aqueducts? I'm assuming farming humility cards right?
"
kingcuda13 wrote:
"
Ralign wrote:
"
daderef wrote:

By baq - does that mean blood aqueducts? I'm assuming farming humility cards right?

Yes, alternatively you can purchase The Ethereal cards for a 6L vaal regalia (max iLVL is 80 depending on your level when you turn it in). These will likely be around the same price or slightly more expensive BUT you can craft a decent chest to use for the time being.
noot noot
"
Ralign wrote:

Yes, alternatively you can purchase The Ethereal cards for a 6L vaal regalia (max iLVL is 80 depending on your level when you turn it in). These will likely be around the same price or slightly more expensive BUT you can craft a decent chest to use for the time being.

I think I'll stick to the tabula, considering the 3G3B (3 offcolors in a vaal regalia) needed.

EDIT: i leveled up a toon in SSF to test the switch to CoC around level 44, with a 4L. Initially i went Cyclone-CoC-IncreasedCriticalStrikes-IceNova, but i was pretty disappointed. Then i phased out IceNova for Frostbolt (i had the leveled gems picked up while running the story) + frozen trail, and I can say the switch feels decent once you get 4 power charge + a Diamond Flask. Overall, I think i'll switch around 50 (midway through act 7, since weylam gives a diamond as a quest reward). From there rush to BAQ and then farm a tabula.
Last edited by daderef on Sep 5, 2019, 6:06:28 PM
"
daderef wrote:
"
Ralign wrote:

I think I'll stick to the tabula, considering the 3G3B (3 offcolors in a vaal regalia) needed.

EDIT: i leveled up a toon in SSF to test the switch to CoC around level 44, with a 4L. Initially i went Cyclone-CoC-IncreasedCriticalStrikes-IceNova, but i was pretty disappointed. Then i phased out IceNova for Frostbolt (i had the leveled gems picked up while running the story) + frozen trail, and I can say the switch feels decent once you get 4 power charge + a Diamond Flask. Overall, I think i'll switch around 50 (midway through act 7, since weylam gives a diamond as a quest reward). From there rush to BAQ and then farm a tabula.

2G4B or 2G3B1R works too
noot noot

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info