[3.9] Nickonasty's Modular CoCpri Ice Nova Assassin - Shaper/UElder Viable

"
WingedKoronas wrote:
Hey, fantastic build - Im shredding things with a 2hand variant currently. I was just wondering if you think it'd be worth it to path out to ghost reaver? I don't have access to vaal pact currently, so I was considering some way to make the energy shield leech a bit more comfortable. Losing life leech entirely might be a bit painful though.

Hi, I was working on a variant of the build that did some SpOoKY pathing to try and pick up VP without Acuity. The tree has enough Dex to run Cospri without any additional gear investment allowing you to run a -9% Cold Res hat, and instead needs about 30 intelligence from another source. It's still in testing phase as I'm trying to get it working with a 6L Perfect Form but here's what I have so far.

https://pastebin.com/KCpvzZNW

P.S. Uses MoM and Unnatural Instinct so, paying about 2.5ex as opposed to 7ex for Acuity.
noot noot
"
Gigafood wrote:
Running this with a discipline ES on hit watcher's(also has hatred pen), plus HoI. Little bit less damage but a lot tankier and slightly better clear, didn't feel like it needed the damage particularly anyways lmao. Super impressive build though. Works extremely well on like 2ex and also scales into obscenity. Currently working towards a lvl 4 enlighten so I can drop the reservation cluster and get more life. Using a rare helm and a dex node cause I needed extra resists(tbh it's not really worse; you lose a passive point but gain 20+ life and a load of resists, letting you lean heavy into min-maxing on other gear pieces.)

Current gear:

"

Hey, glad to know the build is working. Definitely picking up a dex node is an option, frees up the hat slot for a frigid delve craft.
noot noot
"
TheMenthix wrote:

Should I craft multimod on it?

Yeah I'd say if you don't have a lot of extra currency to spend it's not a bad chest to multimod
noot noot
"
Obermaster10 wrote:
Hey, nice build. eventho i used it just as templade - changed some thing and since i got a farruls first time i try to build it with that body. Currently hitting 10 aps if i use two - since that is not enough i stay with one cospris-
Thats my current gear:

Next upgrade will be boots with cdr and the maybe a second 14aps cospris and try to hit that sweet 12aps :D

Have a nice day exile

Hey thanks for the update, I set up a friend's gear awhile back with Farrul's Fur as well. He had difficulty capping his resistances and trying to fit in Soul Tether so we went with the MoM and Unnatural Instinct route. Unfortunately, with Frenzy Charges, this led to his APS being much too high for single handed like you are right now (10 is too high for 1H CoC). So we decided to go all in on dual wield Cospri's. Here's the PoB and hopefully it will help you setting up for Dual Wield as well.

https://pastebin.com/Swxwy30D

It's a little bit rough we're trying to push his APS as close to 15 as possible to get maximum triggers but that will probably require a Cospri ASP corruption or something.
noot noot
"
GeraltvonRiva wrote:

Doing farily well with my setup at the moment. Did couple bosses t16 maps are a joke. Only dieing to insane dmg mods on T11 Towers during Legion encounters. That is when I am playing alone (usually have a friend running an AuraBot).

Main Weapon Corruption is prolly a damage loss but it feels amazing for clearing T13 Towers, and frees up a jewel mod.

What I did so far:

1. Shaper/Guardians
2. Red Elder
3. Red Tier Maps with -max res, insane dmg mod
4. Delving at Depth 260 with 0 issues
5. Balancing 2 of my resistances for Wise Oak
6. Setting up Aspect of the Spider(such an amazing aura)

To 6.
It boosted my survivability and I felt the damage increase aswell. The Ring I used I crafted myself, with some insane luck. 10 alts and 1 regal. The reason for it was mainly party play since we have literally every aura the only thing that is usefull was getting Aspect of the Spider working. Therefor I had to spec into Sovereignty.

The other change to the passive tree was getting Holy Fire because my Glorious Vanity Jewel (Seed:5864) converts it into 28% inc. Cold Damage and Cold Leech. Another point I could take is the Dex node near because that gets converted into 25% inc. Cold Damage. For those changes I dropped the Shadow Accuracy Wheel (Depth Perception), since I am running with a Tempered Mind jewel and I didnt feel like needing that extra %. Currently at 98% Chance to hit.

What I am working on:
1. Want to try out Hypothermia into chest links (Benchcrafting Colors been terrible so far)
2. Getting better boots (mainly want Dex and life here so I can drop Helmet)
3. Better jewels
4. Crafting a Helmet (mainly looking for %life, Dex -cold res to nearby
enemies)
5. Gems
6. Changing Chest and Shield for better ones (not sure yet what to aim for because those upgrades are still so far in the future)

Also I want to tryout Cinderswallow Urn Silver Flask.

Thanks for putting so much work into the guide. Was the perfect guideline for someone that has been playing on and off for a while now.

This is a great summary, Hypothermia isn't too mandatory in chest links and I think swapping between Inc AOE and Conc Effect is fine for the build. That's a good idea to fit in Aspect of the Spider, I'll definitely add the Aspects to aura suggestions.

Cinderswallow and Onslaught make the build feel nicer for mapping, due to the move speed but be careful with the 20% increased ASP it gives to your Cyclone. I'm a stickler for optimization so I make sure to keep it as close to 6 or 7.5 as possible (depending on my iCRS). It's not mandatory because the build is really strong to begin with, but following the APS rules brings out the true DMG potential at all times.

P.S. An idea you might consider is running QotF (with a 5L if you're on budget). It works quite well for speeding up the build and only requires an aura swap to grace and some flask changes. Check out the PoB for the QotF version I have posted and feel free to adapt it!
noot noot
Last edited by Ralign on Jun 27, 2019, 6:19:57 PM
"
Cyterizz wrote:
Heya, love the build so far. Looking for help with upgrades / what to do next in priority. https://pastebin.com/ynEPnyAw

Thx for all the help :=)

Hi, as it stands, your gear is more or less pretty maxed out for the "budget" version of the guide. If you want some upgrades which are significant you're looking at a significant currency investment. There are a few upgrade routes you can take:

Acuity

PRO: Big boost in survivability from VP
CON: 7ex alone, will require some additional purchases to balance your resistances out, also might require you to take Alira

Disc Watcher Eye

PRO: Big boost in survivability from ES on hit
CON: 4ex, will require either picking up aura wheel or dropping HoI/LVL20 Precision

You can also pull off Disc + Hatred + HoI if you use a reduced reservation helm enchant for Hatred

Dual Wield Cospri

PRO: 20% ish boost to damage, increases the speed of your movement skill
CON: No defensive boost, requires you to push your APS to 12 or 15 depending on iCRS

QotF

PRO: Go fast
CON: Requires a LVL 20/21 Grace, QotF 5L (30c) or 6L (6ex), and new flasks (30c total), lose some damage if you have to respec your tree or drop an offensive aura

BUDGET VP STILL IN TESTING

PRO: VP without buying 7ex acuity, allows running an offensive glove with % damage against chilled enemies
CON: Still in testing, MoM + Unnatural Instinct is about 2.5ex, significant respec (25ish regrets)

https://pastebin.com/R8bMHsBH

It all comes down to where you want the build to go and what you want to accomplish with it. If you're interested in UElder farming, the build as is will be sufficient but you could invest more into defenses to make the fight smoother. If you're interested in farming Legion content in lower tier maps then run with QotF or Dual Wield.
noot noot
Last edited by Ralign on Jun 27, 2019, 6:38:51 PM
how do i know when i reach the right attack speed? i have 15cd recover boots and 12 attack speed and it kinda feels the same.
"
absolutefury wrote:
how do i know when i reach the right attack speed? i have 15cd recover boots and 12 attack speed and it kinda feels the same.

It's not the same, if you test and go frame by frame there will be a difference. Just follow the rule: no iCRS = 6 APS or a multiple of 6, 14%+ iCRS = 7.5 APS or a multiple of 7.5.
noot noot
"
Ralign wrote:
"
absolutefury wrote:

It's not the same, if you test and go frame by frame there will be a difference. Just follow the rule: no iCRS = 6 APS or a multiple of 6, 14%+ iCRS = 7.5 APS or a multiple of 7.5.

So then I need 15 attack speed? and thanks for the reply
Nice build!
Gotta ask, I used carcass jack last league and worked pretty fine (tho the whole build was bit different:> ), but could you use carcass jack here or no?

Currently using loreweave.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info