[3.7] Essence Drain/Contagion Trickster (the best one)

Stupid question : do i need to grab acrobatic if i'm using the perfect form ? I checked on poe.ninja but it seems like people don't grab that node. So i'm not sure if i need to. Tks in advance :D
i don't know why but i die in T1 Maps and i'm a one shot. all times from projectiles. maybe someone can help me?

Spoiler
For the record, I don't have anyone vouching for me obviously but I do have all the crafts unlocked as well, if anyone needs anything in a pinch.

Also just saying but the Mastermind fight is pretty damn trivial on ED char especially with the layers of protection we have.

"
huyakf1997 wrote:
Stupid question : do i need to grab acrobatic if i'm using the perfect form ? I checked on poe.ninja but it seems like people don't grab that node. So i'm not sure if i need to. Tks in advance :D

You do not. Perfect form gives you phase acro for free. I was told in a previous post that if you use perfect form you should save all the points right of revenge of the hunted since the negatives from acro do not outweigh to 30% dodge.
it's worked for me so I recommend.
"
ToTec_ wrote:
i don't know why but i die in T1 Maps and i'm a one shot. all times from projectiles. maybe someone can help me?

Spoiler

I'm not an expert but from looking at your tree you have a few unorthodox choices, mostly the pathing for spiritual aid. Also you are heavily ES based and trickster benefits more from an evasion/dodge setup. Look at the OP's tree. I think a high evasion chest (perfect form/carcass jack) is probably your best place to start the upgrades.
Damage wise I am a huge supporter in the bow/quiver setup though I know it's expensive (5ex) but a new 6L chest is going to be more expensive probably and if you go bow you only need a 6 socket chest, so then the chest is as close to free as you can get (unless you're massively unlucky with jewelers).
Also you can fund most of this with your current chest, a quick look at the minimum a 6L Shavronne's is going for is 5.3ex.
However if you are determined to stay ES based then perhaps someone else can give you more clarification. Good luck.
Regardless 1 shots will still happen at higher levels (though T1 is surprising).
"
jbabel1012 wrote:
"
ToTec_ wrote:

Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

I'm not an expert but from looking at your tree you have a few unorthodox choices, mostly the pathing for spiritual aid. Also you are heavily ES based and trickster benefits more from an evasion/dodge setup. Look at the OP's tree. I think a high evasion chest (perfect form/carcass jack) is probably your best place to start the upgrades.
Damage wise I am a huge supporter in the bow/quiver setup though I know it's expensive (5ex) but a new 6L chest is going to be more expensive probably and if you go bow you only need a 6 socket chest, so then the chest is as close to free as you can get (unless you're massively unlucky with jewelers).
Also you can fund most of this with your current chest, a quick look at the minimum a 6L Shavronne's is going for is 5.3ex.
However if you are determined to stay ES based then perhaps someone else can give you more clarification. Good luck.
Regardless 1 shots will still happen at higher levels (though T1 is surprising).

From what I see on the tree 2 things jump out at me, first is that Wicked's Ward downside of 50% penalty to ES regen is gonna affect the Zealots Oath effect. Second on your Ascendancy you don't have Escape Artist selected, which is the biggest defensive aspect to the trickster ascendancy, it's what makes it work. You should have Prolonged Pain or Swift Killer not both. Overall the tree has more of an Occultist feel to it. My recommendation would be to respec over to Phase acro is you want to keep your chest piece or swap it for a Perfect form. Just my thoughts, but with those changes your survivability should go way up.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
vaipetrucci87 wrote:
"
jbabel1012 wrote:
"
ToTec_ wrote:

Spoiler

From what I see on the tree 2 things jump out at me, first is that Wicked's Ward downside of 50% penalty to ES regen is gonna affect the Zealots Oath effect. Second on your Ascendancy you don't have Escape Artist selected, which is the biggest defensive aspect to the trickster ascendancy, it's what makes it work. You should have Prolonged Pain or Swift Killer not both. Overall the tree has more of an Occultist feel to it. My recommendation would be to respec over to Phase acro is you want to keep your chest piece or swap it for a Perfect form. Just my thoughts, but with those changes your survivability should go way up.

With all due respect to vaipetrucci87 and jbabel1012, I disagree with almost all of both your suggestions. ToTec_'s character, gear, and tree is a very consistent low-life setup. Low life builds correctly go all in on ES bases, ES on the tree, grab Wicked Ward, grab Spiritual Aid, and opt not to take Escape Artist. All of these decisions are correct, not unorthodox.

Low life essentially demands Shav's and Presence of Chayula in order to get protection from chaos damage and stun immunity. That negates two of the major benefits of Escape Artist, making it less appealing. Similarly, low life builds usually run Energy from Within jewel where the Intuitive Leap jewel would go in my build. Thus, Swift Killer makes more sense than Escape Artist to go along with Ghost Dance, Patient Reaper, and Prolonged Pain.

So, given that you are a low-life build, there are a few other things that I notice:

- You don't have Pain Attunement or Arcane Vision spec'd. Both of these are 100% mandatory. Pain Attunement is the entire reason to go low life, and is just free 30% more damage for you. Arcane Vision will make it so that you can actually see stuff.
- Unspec the life/EV nodes on the way to Revenge of the Hunted. These do nothing for you. You can use those points to get the jewel socket next to Pain Attunement and finish Sovereignty.
- Respec the Cruel Preparation path to go through the jewel socket instead. Then use Eldritch Knowledge jewel and pick up the Utmost Intellect node. The int gives you more ES, and the jewel will pick up a lot of DPS
- Your gems aren't fully leveled. Discipline is only 17. Getting that to 20 will give you more life.
- Grab Lethal Assault. I know I've now suggested using more points than you have. This will require either more levels to your char or upgrading your gear to have some strength/dexterity rolls so you can unspec Practical Application and the str/dex nodes you have.
- Upgrade from wand/shield to bow/Soul Strike quiver. This will be way more damage, and Soul Strike is great for LL. This will also mean grabbing Zealot's Oath simultaneously

Here is an example level 85 tree: tree
After that, grab the method to the madness jewel, pick up Soul Thief, Zealot's Oath when you get the bow.

OK, now with all that said, you shouldn't be getting 1-shot in T1 maps. Getting your ES to 6500 with LL is "fairly" easy, and getting to 8000+ is doable with investment. That should be enough. Beyond that though, you don't have much avoidance mechanics. You don't have evasion or acro. You don't have endurance charges or any damage reduction. There's no way around this, but you do have to play more deliberately. Avoiding stuff is on you to do manually. This means not casting contagion + ED back to back all the time. If you open a door with a bunch of ranged minions behind it and try to cast both your spells, they will smack you before you can finish. Cast one, move, cast the other.
Last edited by rlauren2 on Jun 27, 2019, 1:54:50 PM
Im having a little bit of trouble staying alive against the bosses in these t14-15 maps, Any suggestions about where to start spending some cash to get upgrades?
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
"
frostzor27 wrote:
Got my bow ready:

Just need someone that can craft the rest for me and not steal or scam...

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2515748/page/1

This is the guy that I use. You'll need 4ex, 8chaos, and 3 alchs to do the craft plus a 70 chaos tip. So total will be 4ex, 78c, and 3 alch.

My bow is on page 15

I'll try... I was hoping to get an Impresence for 4 C but I'll need 2 for the craft, so GG for me :(
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
"
frostzor27 wrote:
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
"
frostzor27 wrote:
Got my bow ready:

Just need someone that can craft the rest for me and not steal or scam...

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2515748/page/1

This is the guy that I use. You'll need 4ex, 8chaos, and 3 alchs to do the craft plus a 70 chaos tip. So total will be 4ex, 78c, and 3 alch.

My bow is on page 15

I'll try... I was hoping to get an Impresence for 4 C but I'll need 2 for the craft, so GG for me :(

Got my bow :) that craft guy is awsome!!

"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info