[3.7] Essence Drain/Contagion Trickster (the best one)

"
tgodoy85 wrote:
What u guys think about going LL? I switched 2 or 3 days ago and I think there's a lot to gain. 5 or 6 auras, stun immunity, 1 extra utility flask, high chaos resist, a chunk of extra damage from PA... Next step for me is to multicraft spell dmg gloves and grab a watcher's with multiplier. Anything else that u think I might change?

Spoiler

Low life is probably the ultimate peak if you want to really push the build as far as you can. The vast majority of folks with the top DPS Essence Drain builds are all low life. As designed in this guide, it was meant to be easily accessible as a league starter. If you're at the point where you have all the gear in my PoB and currency left over and aren't bored of the build, I would go LL.

"
BluntSlinger wrote:
I was wondering what tooltip DOT dps do you guys have? Im having trouble with PoB calcs, but my tooltip says cca 350k. Thats before despair, wither, and frenzy charges though so im guessing my effective should be much higher

A couple things to check. For the main skill on the left pane, you have to select Wither and then you can change the number of stacks. If you use Blight/Spreading Rot, this may require you to create a "fake" Wither gem even though you don't actually have it. Then on the calcs page, check things like frenzy charges, whether infusion buff is on, if the boss is shaper/guardian, etc. My in-game hideout tooltip DPS is ~250k and I was able to beat Uber Elder. I'm still using lvl 20 ED and lvl 2 Empower, so you should be very comfortable.

"
SuperBurgers wrote:
If I have one 6L is it worth swapping ED and Blight for bossing? Blight 6L seems a lot better on single target.

Also it says up to 20 'layers' but if cast time is 0.3s and duration 2.5s does that mean only 8-9 DOT stacks at once? Or am I reading it wrong?

Your math is correct, but both of those are baseline numbers. Increased Cast Speed will act on that base 0.3s cast time to make it faster. Also, skill effect duration from support gems like Efficacy and from your Prolonged Pain ascendancy will extend the 2.5s duration. So if you have something like 50% increased cast speed and 35% increased skill effect duration (very conservative numbers), you're now casting at a rate of 0.2s with a duration of 3.4s and achieving 20 stacks is attainable.

"
brbdinner wrote:
has anyone tried turning this into a white map legion farmer? im thinknig of doing so and trying to find a ed/cont build i can easily convert mine into

It will work wonderfully for that. You won't need survivability, so emphasize movespeed and AoE (wear Carcass Jack instead of Perfect Form for instance).
Last edited by rlauren2 on Jun 26, 2019, 9:36:43 AM
"
zDron4eGz wrote:
Thx for build ! Im going MF version and can ez farm T16 Elder maps and had may loot

Does anyone know if this is actually viable? i'm looking for a good MF build and this seems interesting.
"
"
zDron4eGz wrote:
Thx for build ! Im going MF version and can ez farm T16 Elder maps and had may loot

Does anyone know if this is actually viable? i'm looking for a good MF build and this seems interesting.

It is very viable. I was doing the same setup for a while, but the rest of my gear/jewels aren't the best (and my ED/Empower aren't maxed). With that setup I had 5.5-6k eHP and would die occasionally, so I decided to drop the amulet, gloves, and boots for now and go with more standard gear. I run the dual Ventor's only at this point, but I have much higher eHP and movespeed to compensate.

It's not going to match HH Tornado Shot Deadeye, but it's a really great poor-man's MF build. With higher character levels, better rolled Ventor's, decent jewels, maxed gems, and non-sloppy play, you will cruise through t16s with all of the gear shown here.
Hello, I would like to get some opinions on crafting my bow. I have my basic Short Bow setup with no mods.

Now I need to look at getting a single '+1 to level of Socketed Gems' mod. It looks like I have two options. First is to just spam alts (with an Annulment or two). The second is to use 'craft cannot roll attack mods' along with some beast crafting to get it done (described in some previous posts). The downside to the first option is that it relies on RNG while the second costs a little over 1 ex.

So my situation is that I am starting with very little currency and need to make a decision. Do I just spam the alts (I have a couple of Annulment's) as I get them and hope to get lucky or save around 140c then buy an exalt?

I also have another question if I go beast crafting route. I do not have the required 'Farric Wolf Alpha', can I still trade for one?
Just wanted to say thank you. Besides the terrible lag I'm having a hell lotta fun releasing all legion mobs and letting Hell break through.

I'm still far from the ideal gear, but thanks to the build I sold a 6 ex worth Maloney's Mechanism (I didn't think it fit the build and I was needing money) and will start building my endgame gear.

Any tips on how to farm Mastermind faster for the +2 support gem craft? Also blue sockets seen very difficult to acquire in evasion gear... Better try craft bench or spam?
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds."

"The best items in the game should not be crafted, they should be TRADED." - Cent, GGG
"
Skua99 wrote:
Hello, I would like to get some opinions on crafting my bow. I have my basic Short Bow setup with no mods.

Now I need to look at getting a single '+1 to level of Socketed Gems' mod. It looks like I have two options. First is to just spam alts (with an Annulment or two). The second is to use 'craft cannot roll attack mods' along with some beast crafting to get it done (described in some previous posts). The downside to the first option is that it relies on RNG while the second costs a little over 1 ex.

So my situation is that I am starting with very little currency and need to make a decision. Do I just spam the alts (I have a couple of Annulment's) as I get them and hope to get lucky or save around 140c then buy an exalt?

I also have another question if I go beast crafting route. I do not have the required 'Farric Wolf Alpha', can I still trade for one?

I think the beasts can be bought like any other trade item. I didn't beast craft for the guaranteed affix, I just spammed alterations until I found the +1 affix. I didn't start out with a ton of currency either so I would run through my alts without any luck, run some maps, spam with whatever currency I obtained. Rinse and repeat until I got my correct base. I don't remember how many it took but it was at least a couple hundred. Good luck!
"
Skua99 wrote:

Yes, you can trade for one. Just type 'Farric Wolf Alpha' exactly as you did into any trade site. Once you've purchased the beast (1x1 cell that looks like a prophecy), head to your Menagerie and right click the beast in your inventory while inside your Menagerie to add it to your collection. Looks like it costs about 15c right now.

At current prices (1ex = 150c, 1c = 6 alts), you'd get 900 alt spams for that 1ex. The +1 mod is pretty common, especially if you use an ilvl 50 bow. The expected cost of alt spamming is likely well below the beastcrafting. Yes, it's RNG, but I still would recommend the alt spam method.
"
tgodoy85 wrote:
"
SuperBurgers wrote:
"
tgodoy85 wrote:
What u guys think about going LL? I switched 2 or 3 days ago and I think there's a lot to gain.

How much ES do you have? I swapped my Vortex occultist to LL last league and really liked it for the auras and damage like you say but I did feel like I lost some survival with the drop in ES. I'm running a lot less ES on Trickster right now (obviously mostly taking life nodes not int/ES though).

I'm with 8.3k ES and 500k HO DoT DPS atm (with auras only). My effective DPS is around 2.8 million considering 15 wither stacks and all buffs possible.

Do you have a PoB that you could share for your LL character?
"
rlauren2 wrote:
"
Skua99 wrote:

Yes, you can trade for one. Just type 'Farric Wolf Alpha' exactly as you did into any trade site. Once you've purchased the beast (1x1 cell that looks like a prophecy), head to your Menagerie and right click the beast in your inventory while inside your Menagerie to add it to your collection. Looks like it costs about 15c right now.

At current prices (1ex = 150c, 1c = 6 alts), you'd get 900 alt spams for that 1ex. The +1 mod is pretty common, especially if you use an ilvl 50 bow. The expected cost of alt spamming is likely well below the beastcrafting. Yes, it's RNG, but I still would recommend the alt spam method.

Ok going the alt spamming route. So far I have spent 150 with no luck. The bad news is that there are not to many available alts on poe.trade. But the good news is that I am not in a big hurry :)
How does one farm specific veiled mods on the crafting bench for the bow? +2 to sockted support gems, increased cast speed and arcane surge on kill?
Last edited by Shangles on Jun 26, 2019, 5:15:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info