[3.9] Vaal groundslam | SSF Viable |

@BrunoBacsh

Hi, thanks for advice.
Just one thing.
I've tried to put the ruthless on my 6 link gems.
However, the dps of ground slam goes down from 400K(with brutality) to 260k(with ruthless). I've tried to find out which one is better gem for me, but still can not figure out since there is no any proper dps calculator. Is it normal that dps goes down when i equip the ruthless gem?

Hello everyone,

I really liked the build, it has an easy and satisfactory gameplay, but Guide is a bit messy and with a lot of information unraveling.

I'm a layman in PoE, however much I've played for years, I've never made too much progress, never faced an Elder or anything like that.

Anyway, I came here to ask for help from you, I believe that my build is very well mounted, but I still have problems completing T14 maps and I often die when I activate the Legion Monolith (sometimes I die with only 1hit, and I have 5,8k HP + Armor + Full Resistance).

I would like to know what I can be improving in the build so I do not die so much, besides I would like to know which setup CWDT and Curse on Hit you use, because Guide is very bad to understand.

Thank you.
Last edited by Syppher on Jul 9, 2019, 8:17:06 AM
"
jimmy6874 wrote:
@BrunoBacsh

Hi, thanks for advice.
Just one thing.
I've tried to put the ruthless on my 6 link gems.
However, the dps of ground slam goes down from 400K(with brutality) to 260k(with ruthless). I've tried to find out which one is better gem for me, but still can not figure out since there is no any proper dps calculator. Is it normal that dps goes down when i equip the ruthless gem?

I put your build in PoB, your actual skill hit damage is 801k, with all turn on.

With the changes I did, trading the gems, auras and both weapons with ~475 DPS + physical as extra chaos you can get 687k skill hit damage, looks worse, but remember, chaos damage bypasses monsters energy shield and you gain 30% area of effect, I don't know how is your clear speed, but I think your setup is more viable for Uber Elder fight and boss fight in general.
"
Syppher wrote:

Hello everyone,

I really liked the build, it has an easy and satisfactory gameplay, but Guide is a bit messy and with a lot of information unraveling.

I'm a layman in PoE, however much I've played for years, I've never made too much progress, never faced an Elder or anything like that.

Anyway, I came here to ask for help from you, I believe that my build is very well mounted, but I still have problems completing T14 maps and I often die when I activate the Legion Monolith (sometimes I die with only 1hit, and I have 5,8k HP + Armor + Full Resistance).

I would like to know what I can be improving in the build so I do not die so much, besides I would like to know which setup CWDT and Curse on Hit you use, because Guide is very bad to understand.

Thank you.

My cast when damage taken setup:

Last edited by BrunoBacsh on Jul 9, 2019, 8:50:44 AM
"
BrunoBacsh wrote:
"
Syppher wrote:

Hello everyone,

Thank you.

My cast when damage taken setup:

Cool, I just wonder if I use Molten Shell, Vulnerabily or something else in place ...

Besides, would you have any recommendations for Curse on Hit? (You use Kaom Roots, so you do not need it)

Just updating that I'm giving up on the build in the same way your creator has given up.

It's a good build, but I can not complete T13, several monsters give me one hit ...
"
Syppher wrote:

Just updating that I'm giving up on the build in the same way your creator has given up.

It's a good build, but I can not complete T13, several monsters give me one hit ...

Seriously? I also had difficulties with my build, I changed most of my items, I changed my equips and I followed BrunoBacsh's build after dropping 4 EX and already made my first T16 and I killed all 4 Elder Guardians, it was difficult, but I managed.
"
BrunoBacsh wrote:
"
jimmy6874 wrote:

I'm enjoying this build so much. However, I've reached the limit of this build since i cannot kill the 16 tier bosses or uber bosses quickly even i used quite many exal. This is my current equipment. Is there any other ways to make this build stronger? If so, which gears or gems should i replace or upgrades?

Remove Brutality and concentrated effect, and put rage support + ruthless support, only this change is huge damage gain. To do this you'll need carcass jack with 6 white sockets, or you can get some armor chest with +100 life +10%life + Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 1 Maim.

This is the gem setup I'm using:

Remove Soul taker axe and put other axe like the first one you already have, but with physical damage as extra chaos damage, you are losing tons of damage because of Brutality. Change the herald of purity for herald of ash, remove leap slam on the 4 sockets and put in your weapon with 3 sockets removing fortify. Put Pride + herald + war banner or blood and sand in the 4 links with Enlighten Support level 3 or 4.

Get a Watcher's Eye Prismatic Jewel with 55~60% increased Attack Physical Damage while using Pride.

I'm killing T16 guardians in less than 15 seconds, char created just some days ago, and I did'nt spend the half of currency you did, with this changes you are able to kill uber elder really, really fast dude.

You can get a helmet with 40% increased Ground Slam Damage enchant too. I think is better than 12% atq speed.

I changed mine build following your items, I still have a lot to improve, but that's for later, I still do not understand how you can do T16 so fast, I did the Minotaur and I still suffered to take hp out of myself using Berserk with Rage 50 Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
I also followed BrunoBacsh's advice and I killed Shaper yesterday for the first time. I had to turn off one of the 10% auras to be able to sustain mana for my attacks but it works great and the better axe over Soul Taker helps a ton.

I had more trouble with guardians than Shaper fight. But once I learned guardian mechanics better I was able to go deathless.

"Remove Brutality and concentrated effect, and put rage support + ruthless support" This was the most valuable advice. It is almost double the DPS this way.

Thank you for the advice BrunoBacsh and ANightcodexAppeared for the build guide.
"
Syppher wrote:

Your flasks are a big problem, 1° of all use the rights flasks:

2° Put all in quality 20%, you can easily get glassblower's trading with NPC who sold armor (last tab) for blacksmith whetstone.

Try this gem setup in your chest:

Copy this gem's setups:

And remove soul taker and get a axe with high pdps

Use this boots:

The stats "Cannot be knockback" is very important.

Use this belt:

After this changes tell me if it's better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info