Balance in Path of Exile: Legion

Loved all the nerfs, especially to Auramancers.
Good changes, of course reddit kids would be mad again.
For peace there must be war. Good bye spells. Good bye energy shield.

RIP 2019
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
alexandro_108 wrote:
So, they constantly nerfing cool builds, to have ppl make new one or play another game?

not entirely necessary.. GGG dictates what will be the next FOTM here, it was the same with casters on synthesis now it's melee turn.. what will be next?

"
Good changes, of course reddit kids would be mad again.

you're incorrect here.

reddit is where the circlejerk is flowing with NPCS spaming how everything is peachy and good.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Last edited by Xystre on Jun 4, 2019, 8:22:32 AM
I agree with the sentiment most people voice here.

I am not that upset about the changes to ES (even though I mostly play ES characters) - the gear available with synthesis, fossils + quality was plain stupid.

What I am *really* upset about is that literally everyone who plays this game for a more then a month or two did realize upon just reading the modifiers of POE-DB and the patchnotes that this stuff is gonna be busted. It was a really sad joke to first nerf ES items hard and then buffing them again via fossils etc three leagues later.

I think ES will still be fine in Legion. The nerfes propably actually bring ES back in line to where it should be.

What sucks is the following: Meanwhile Lifebased builds will be a tad overbuffed. People will flock to it. Then you will nerf life a gain a bit till you then rework things completely in 4.0

It is this constant shuffling of players from one mechanic and class/playstyle to the other, simply because you would cripple your own enjoyment (particularily in a trade league) by not playing the new meta since it is just *so* much more powerful.

People enjoy certain class fantasys and power archetypes. It sucks feeling like an idiot when you do play those personal favourites 'against the meta' simply because the meta is just that much more powerful.

Adjust balance! Thats cool! Don't be freaking dense about it when you introduce new shit that is so obviously busted (statsticks, metacraft ES, % as extra chaos, and after legion the 'hits can't be evaded' mod will get a heavy nerf...) it basically forces people into a playstyle since the powerdifference between meta and 'old stuff' is so huge.

TL;DR: Captivate us with cool new gameplay mechanics, additions to lore, rewarding bossfights, cool mapmods etc - not this silly and super demotivating numbershuffling from one playstyle to the other.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Jun 4, 2019, 8:23:35 AM
I can't say that I like the changes they are putting in. It brings up more questions for me. They hurt the build I was going to play majorly by changing the Elementalist. Armageddon Brand is taking a major nerf in my build because of the node change. (Yes, I like that brand.)

My secondary league starter build is getting nerfed by other changes. How am I supposed to do well with a Viper Strike build without my Herald to Agony to take out things I can't hit quickly. I could accept the Herald of Agony change if poison changes went into this patch. One without the other hurts me.

I will wait to see for sure but it seems like the things I like to play which are not the meta just got nerfed.
Only real issue, outside of a lack of Scion mentions, is Warlord's. Not because of the mana. I'll grab mana nodes, use a Clarity, or w/e even Poacher's to fix that, but life builds on casters that don't go pure ES. Inquis is a good example since it lacks much ES and has to travel FAR to get to CI and such already, so relied on MoM typically with Warlord's helping keep up life and mana to be able to sustain. The mana is still workable, but the loss of Life Leech without a buff to the Leech gem so it's desirable will hurt. Like, if it gave a buff to damage like the ES version, we'd be fine. This only really applies to Templar though. Shadow, Witch, and Scion are close enough to CI without a huge diatance to travel and Chieftain has fire leech in Ascendancy for those who like to make a spicy build like a non-totem Chieftain caster.

Maybe some mana or life leech on spells in the Templar area? Don't have to as powerful as Warlord's or the Duelist's leech wheel, but something would be nice for a little sustain.
"we want more chase uniques in the game"

nukes the only non league-specific chase unique, unnatural instinct

lol
ok now reduce movement speed to normal numbers and i would be good :)

something like hard cap to +50%
Last edited by AbsinthSvK on Jun 4, 2019, 8:24:38 AM
Headhunter will cost a mirror confirmed :P

"
Cockx wrote:
"we want more chase uniques in the game"

nukes the only non league-specific chase unique, unnatural instinct

lol

Uncorrupted eternity shroud is 5ex more than unnatural instinct in Standard, and only 5ex less than unnatural instinct was in the synthesis event (20 vs 15 vs 25, respectively).

Eternity Shroud will continue to be "the" chase item. They haven't nerfed it, and you can target-farm it, unlike unnatural instinct which is a complete crapshoot.
Last edited by codetaku on Jun 4, 2019, 8:30:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info