[3.7] Cyclone CwC Blade Vortex CI Trickster

Curious how I would go about leveling this at league start?

Been away for a few leagues and never played blade vortex so any help would be appreciated!
"just for try, for see and for know"
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
Where do you get onslaught from?

Abyss jewel. Not important on bosses as it is not giving me any damage bonus, but for mapping abyss jewel with Onslaught on kill is godsend.
It's just i can't switch it off in the calculator even by unequipping the jewel, so i thought there was some other source of it. The speed modifier sits at 159% because of it, and i was wondering where did you get so much. In other words, cyclone speed and the overall moving between screens won't be so great, so to say. =/

"
jdilly23 wrote:

Been away for a few leagues and never played blade vortex so any help would be appreciated!
Storm burst is very strong in leveling. Just stick it in +1 wand and you are good to go up until maps and then some. That is if the original cwc setup won't do for some reason as soon as you get it.

Another idea is to take a free movement skill usage in your first lab to roll with cyclone cwc, and then drop it when you can afford to regen enough mana.
Last edited by BillyofAstora on Jun 5, 2019, 6:17:46 PM
"
jdilly23 wrote:

Multiple people already asked about this, but I was never really sure, but the more I think about this, just leveling with BV should be fine.

E.g, grab Freezing Pulse + Onslaught, and at lvl 12 just switch to BV + Added Cold + Added Fire (and onslaught + faster casting or inc duration if you have the links) and at lvl 16 add Herald of Ash and Herald of Ice, then it should start to feel pretty smooth.

EDIT:

Updated main post with leveling guide.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Jun 5, 2019, 6:16:11 PM
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

Multiple people already asked about this, but I was never really sure, but the more I think about this, just leveling with BV should be fine.

E.g, grab Freezing Pulse + Onslaught, and at lvl 12 just switch to BV + Added Cold + Added Fire (and onslaught + faster casting or inc duration if you have the links) and at lvl 16 add Herald of Ash and Herald of Ice, then it should start to feel pretty smooth.

EDIT:

Awesome, thanks for that.

Do you have any advice on how to progress through the skill tree? Any first priorities or things that can wait till later?

Maybe even some advice for gear progression if you have the time?

Much appreciated!
"just for try, for see and for know"
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
elek006 wrote:
I litteraly love your build. That's exactly what I was looking for.
Very good job !
First time I ever post a comment on the forum.. I had to :)

Glad you like it, hopefully it will work for you :)

"
proz9c wrote:
Very interesting, thanks for posting. I've been following the thread for a few days aswell, but i'm planning on playing this on HC. Do you have any tips for what you personally would change?

Would a shield/scepter be viable?

Would you use Vaal RF on HC?

For HC? I would probably switch to sceptre/shield yeah, classic Cerberus Limb + Aegis Aurora will work really really well. The DPS will be lower of course (around 3.6M), but you go to 80% max cold res, 12.3K ES, 37% block chance (instead of staff nodes best would be to switch to 4 point Arcane Guarding). Here is an example how it would look like:

https://pastebin.com/Penafe40

Possibly also lvl 20 self cast IC, Shield Charge instead of leap slam and adding new Dash somewhere.

And yeah, I would still run Vaal RF, it is not really dangerous to pop it before fight and leech/regen everything back in less than 2 secs

Thank you very much!
"
jdilly23 wrote:
"
thedeathbeam wrote:

EDIT:

Awesome, thanks for that.

Do you have any advice on how to progress through the skill tree? Any first priorities or things that can wait till later?

Maybe even some advice for gear progression if you have the time?

Much appreciated!

Just priotizing the big clusters without minor nodes behind them is probably the best thing to do. When leveling, focus on Shadow area, e.g Resourcefulness, Lethal Assault, Void Barrier and Soul Thief. Then you can probably start pathing to Elemental Overload, taking Melding and Written in Blood on the way. After taking some more big ES clusters, like Arcane Focus, Unnatural Claim, Arcane Will you can start slowly migrating to crit, CI and Ghost Reaver. For crit prioritize Serpent Stance as that is the best node on tree for us (if you are using staff at this point). After that it should be pretty straightforward.

For now, this is at least what I am going to do, the steps might change after I will actually play the character in 3.7.

"
It's just i can't switch it off in the calculator even by unequipping the jewel, so i thought there was some other source of it. The speed modifier sits at 159% because of it, and i was wondering where did you get so much. In other words, cyclone speed and the overall moving between screens won't be so great, so to say. =/

The movement speed is still pretty decent, I was also considering Phase Run to move to packs that are further away, current movement setup is definitely not final.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
isn't it better to use Infused channeling as support gem for your setup ?
(looked on the commentaries, didn't find one talking about it)
Last edited by moumout on Jun 5, 2019, 6:42:45 PM
"
moumout wrote:
isn't it better to use Infused channeling as support gem for your setup ?
(looked on the commentaries, didn't find one talking about it)

The main damage source is Blade Vortex, Cyclone is used just to auto-cast it so Infused Channeling will be pretty weak link as it applies only to main skill and not to supported ones.
My builds:
My site:
Last edited by thedeathbeam on Jun 5, 2019, 6:44:55 PM
my bad, thought blade vortex had the "channeling" tag, dont konw why lol
"
thedeathbeam wrote:
"
Jauny wrote:
Hey i'm looking forward to try the cold to fire variant and i was wondering how do you manage to get 100% conversion hrimsorrow 50% to cold hatred watcher eye 40% and the last 10%?
And i'd like to know if it's possible to manage without the watcher eye and what to use instead?
And a last question, would it be bad to use another skill together with BV? Like Bladefall, GC smthing like that

Hi. Unfortunately atm only 65% of my base phys is converted to cold, with 25% conversion from crafted gloves, and 40% from Hatred Watcher's Eye. But then there is another 57% of phys gained as extra cold (taste of hate and Hatred) and 15% of phys gained as extra fire (Herald of Ash).

Stormwall is nice for converting all our phys to ele, but most of the conversion is wasted on lightning, and we don't really scale it, even though it is still fine as then it will be converted to chaos.

Yeah you can use Bladefall for better clear, but, it's not really worth it imo.

Nice thanks for the input one more thing, if we don't have 100% conversion we can't do phys reflect map too right? Might be annoying for a league starter idk if early can spare scours to avoir either type of reflect i'm starting to feel like I might do it as a 2nd char instead of league starter what are your take on this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info