D3 RMAH

"
pr13st wrote:
I don't want much loot, nor do I want a fuckin trickle man. That's their job, to find the sweet spot to appease the most of the fanbase.
Every ARPG drops metric fucktons of raw loot. The thing is, players don't really care about raw loot; everything that is obviously worse than competing items for a certain build is, well, obviously worse. For each build possible, there's one (or possibly two) itemization tracks, and if your loot doesn't stack up, it's vendor fodder. Players don't care about raw drop rates, they care about a variety of drops being worth something. Build diversity is the key to lootdrop satisfaction.

When it comes to tying itemization to builds, it's hard to think of a game that did it less than vanilla D3. For the most part, itemization was completely divorced from build and instead determined by class (weapons) or the even broader characteristic of primary stat (STR/DEX/INT, for all non-weapons). It was as if they were deliberately keeping build diversity to an absolute minimum, probably because they wanted players to change skills on the fly without changing gear. Big mistake.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Build diversity is the key to lootdrop satisfaction.

truth! i basically stopped picking up rare melee weapons this league.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

I'm surprised you picked up any rares (aside from elder/shaper bases)

Crafting is just so much better. Loot that drops right now is at an all time low. Fortunately they know it, I'm interested to see what changes are coming the the next year lesding up to 4.0
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Original inferno D3 was best game of all time. Fuck haters who cried.

I literally played that 16 hrs a day. I was in HS my senior year so I could.

Actually I was on summer break between junior senior year anyway hard hitting and you basically had to use AH to even live. Was cool until carebear patch 1.2-1.3 because all the crying.

As an added bonus I made about $2400 - small potatoes in grand scheme or compared to mutual funds/masters on Wall Street type stuff - but for a game thats fucking cool.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 15, 2019, 7:11:55 AM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
vio wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

I'm surprised you picked up any rares (aside from elder/shaper bases)

Crafting is just so much better. Loot that drops right now is at an all time low. Fortunately they know it, I'm interested to see what changes are coming the the next year lesding up to 4.0

GGG fucked up loot tables with shaper/elder items and even moreso with these synthesis ones. All rares useless basically unless it's legacy crit multi on ammy then can compete.

I don't even pick up rares SSF unless it's T1 for leveling.

Thats what pisses me off so much about betrayal and tying the recipe system to rare IDing. you ID like 1 million totally useless rares. I never ID so many rares before betrayal.

The betrayal makes me sometimes fill my inventory I never filled before. And worse 99% of time no new recipe.

I use neversink strict leveling then uber strict by lvl 85. No point in picking up regular rare after this point even SSF.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 15, 2019, 7:50:42 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Original inferno D3 was best game of all time. Fuck haters who cried.
I liked that it was genuinely difficult, and I had a lot more fun dying over and over than I would have had just smooth-sailing on through, but the itemization was still complete horse ass. One redeeming feature does not a good game make.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I don't know if I would call Diablo 3 inferno difficult. It was at it's heart a gear check game without the need of planning your gear, there was no planning and no strategy to it, you couldn't out skill or out think it. Slow random progression doesn't make something hard it just makes it tedious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info