Photographers?

"

Oh and yeah, I still use a tripod as most landscape photographers do, but mostly to do night shots like this one:

(I have a much better edit of this shot but I cannot find it for the life of me, but as a proof of concept it's ok)

Most importantly, the light you've captured in that shot's nicely balanced and clear in the dark. Tripods likely will remain useful, wasn't the best choice of ye olde equipment on my part. Silver plates and a bigass cloth to hide under would have been better.

Was looking at the Epic of Everest the other night.

had that kind of scene in mind as a comparison.
Can't compare the old days, and how people did things back then.

"
kolyaboo wrote:
I got one. Have an extra frame hanging around. LOL

Nice.

"
Honestly I am still very new to this service, I've spent many hours trying to find someone who would sell my prints without charging an arm and a leg for good quality. They said shipping worldwide, the prices seemed right and I've read that their products are good, which is some of my shots are even available as shower curtains, that amuses me endlessly.

Some of the items that can be printed on are out there, for sure.

Not to worry, really. It's standard to here from the USA (and weirdly, only the USA) that even a 10 gram item costs $20+ to post. There are random exceptions but they may be individuals with connections to a pigeon service or something. I like to think it's because the maps that the postal services there use are so not to scale it makes this place seem as far away as Mars from Washington and the ilk, not at all a bad thing, in my books. All the sites are the same from etsy to ebay so it wouldn't matter what you went with. Like I said. you'll get plenty of custom - just within USA is a huge market :)

Last edited by erdelyii on Apr 27, 2019, 7:40:01 PM
I wish. I never went to college but this is one class i'd like to take as I totally suck at photos - when it counts like family events or what not. Serious blur red eye and what have you. I dont even understand symbols...you know like lightning lightning with X through it.

IF POE continues sucking so hard I may enroll in night class at local CC.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 27, 2019, 9:35:38 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
asks if anyone dabbles
posts pro work

Now you can safely say that lol

"
鬼殺し wrote:
asks if anyone dabbles
posts pro work

:D

My total lifetime income from photography is probably around 300 usd so there's that level of pro. There are hundreds of thousands of people doing better shots than me these days and none of us can earn a buck, a real pro earns money.

AimDeep, I am fully self taught, classes are a waste of time, everything is available on youtube, pro grade tutorials and all answers to all questions, it's not that hard to become fully competent. Workshops make sense only sometimes for some higher level people but that is costly as hell.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
That house pic is amazing JG.

I'm no writer but it makes my fingers tingle to try and "explain" it.

It's invoking which i assume is a great qaulity if you ever wanted to fill a room with them and have an exhibition. I think people would get enthralled with them quite easily since you seem to have an edge for catching mystifying scenes.

Keep it up man they look superb.

Peace,

-Boem-

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
That house pic is amazing JG.

I'm no writer but it makes my fingers tingle to try and "explain" it.

It's invoking which i assume is a great qaulity if you ever wanted to fill a room with them and have an exhibition. I think people would get enthralled with them quite easily since you seem to have an edge for catching mystifying scenes.

Keep it up man they look superb.

Peace,

-Boem-

Thanks mate, it's a mountain hut actually and I am mildly annoyed that I can't find a vastly superior edit to this one, it's somewhere on my external hard drive, eh.

All I found is a version I sell for editorial purposes:

https://www.eyeem.com/p/128061913

The thing with galleries is that talent means very little, what matters are connections and proper networking, I am unwilling to do any of those just for the sake of personal gain. Besides, fine art level prints cost a fortune to make, I'm not ready to make that kind of commitment up front, not yet at least.

Here's something completely different, an average Eastern European back alley, stuff from a slasher movie, a very unpopular shot of mine but I like it:

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

Sort of OT, I was looking at your instagram and I could not believe the amount of pollution there. Unreal. I complain about it here and in Petersburg (when I went to school there it stunk but it's better now) but you got something else. :(
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Sort of OT, I was looking at your instagram and I could not believe the amount of pollution there. Unreal. I complain about it here and in Petersburg (when I went to school there it stunk but it's better now) but you got something else. :(

Yes, this so far has effectively killed my winter trail running, the pollution in my city during winter days is on par with the worst of Bejing and we even toppled them once. I tried running with a filter mask but in freezing temperatures it gets super moist after 5km and it effectively suffocates me. It is a stuff of legends, probably the most polluted area in the entire EU. Politicians claim that it's the cars but during summer the entire pollution miraculously disappears. Hint: it's the chimneys, same shit as in London in 1950's.

In my view being a pro means being paid for work and having something as a main source of income. If you flip burgers for a living then sure, you're a professional flipper.

But that doesn't mean that you are a certified flipper. Some jobs require certification to be performed legally, like an electrician, but there is no serious certification for being a flipper of burgers or a photographer.

Now regarding a pro quality of something - that's debatable indeed. For an untrained eye the pictures I post might be absolutely awesome and pro, but I know enough about the subject to tell you, that all of them contain quite serious mistakes. Every single pro photographer would do a much, much better job at these locations at that moment but that is better visible at full resolution and on a calibrated monitor, alternatively - a large print.

When I said that I dabble in photography I mean it, I'm on a certain level trying to somehow get better from time to time. I go back and forth, sometimes I'm good and sometimes I do a terrible job.

"
profession (n.)
c. 1200, "vows taken upon entering a religious order," from Old French profession (12c.), from Latin professionem (nominative professio) "public declaration," from past participle stem of profiteri "declare openly" (see profess). Meaning "any solemn declaration" is from mid-14c. Meaning "occupation one professes to be skilled in" is from early 15c.; meaning "body of persons engaged in some occupation" is from 1610; as a euphemism for "prostitution" (compare oldest profession) it is recorded from 1888.

For art, why not peel back some centuries before the glorious days of the merchant class and profess?

Professing Photographer, perhaps?

Besides, you sold some, you ain't going to the Olympics, mate.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info