Photographers?

Funny thing, I've been on this forum since early closed beta but somehow I never bothered to ask and if I did I was drunk and don't remember.

Any of you people doing any photography? I mean whatever, be that street photo, artsy fartsy studio shots or still life or whatever, I mean do you own a camera on purpose and try to get better?

I've been doing my thing for 13 years now with a 4 years hiatus somewhere in the middle.

I mostly dabble in action/adventure landscape, here's my insta and three samples below.

Post something you shot and like, maybe share a link to a portfolio or instagram?

https://www.instagram.com/johnrailowsky/

And I also started selling prints recently, not many for now but I will be adding some in the future.

https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-railowsky.html

Post something you shot and like, maybe share a link to a portfolio or instagram?

Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
Last bumped on May 2, 2019, 9:19:18 AM
Those are great! I can see buying the prints, yeah. I suck at photography. I am always surprised people don't pay me NOT to take pics.

Had an uncle that was a big shutterbug (as they called them). Had expensive equipment, half of basement devoted to hobby with darkroom and everything. He sold some work but it was mostly for fun.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Those are great! I can see buying the prints, yeah. I suck at photography. I am always surprised people don't pay me NOT to take pics.

Had an uncle that was a big shutterbug (as they called them). Had expensive equipment, half of basement devoted to hobby with darkroom and everything. He sold some work but it was mostly for fun.

I am working on curating a collection of what I call "natural portraits of rats" meaning no studio strobe bullshit, I think you'll like it, from what I see nobody does anything in that niche.

And yeah, my camera gear is worth almost twice the price of my wife's car, but this is also why I myself don't own a car at all.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

I would love to see the natural rat portraits! Remember to post them please. You might be able to sell those prints. There is a niche market for rat stuff, as you know. Small as it is.
Censored.
"

I am working on curating a collection of what I call "natural portraits of rats" meaning no studio strobe bullshit, I think you'll like it, from what I see nobody does anything in that niche.

And yeah, my camera gear is worth almost twice the price of my wife's car, but this is also why I myself don't own a car at all.

You set the bar high, JohnG.

Imagining you wife's car has a boot (trunk) that sees a lot of gear lugging, ha.

Can imagine Winter is Coming selling well not just for that it's a great shot, it's a good title.

I'd like to see the rat portraits too.

You asked for shares. Snap pictures on my phone, with varying results, mostly blurry and/ or crooked horizons. No instagram or anything that I promote. No plans to spam this up with my street art shots, either. Interested to see others' pics, different parts of the world. What we think is ordinary can often be really cool and also not what you get googling the tourist shots.

"
erdelyii wrote:

Imagining you wife's car has a boot (trunk) that sees a lot of gear lugging, ha.

Honestly, I am able to fit everything into a relatively small photo backpack (Lowepro Protactic 350 II) because I use Fujifilm mirrorless system so everything is way smaller than it was back when I used Nikon DSLRs. But yeah, she owns a tiny car (Renault Clio) so when we load up and go to the mountains our backpacks barely fit in the back trunk hahah

Right, the days of mules and tripods are long gone. How on earth that car gets up the inclines, mystery. Your wife must be a gun driver.

Spoiler
Looked at your store, the images are so much better when embiggened. Fave is still the clouds coming over the mountain. Postage is $22 - odd US, or I'd order one. Not your fault, insane postage cost is standard for even tiny items from the US, for some reason. Spain? Fine. Mexico? Fine. Anyway. Not to worry, more a gesture on my part. You'll get lots of business.

Say you're a photographer on there, mate.

"
erdelyii wrote:
Looked at your store, the images are so much better when embiggened. Fave is still the clouds coming over the mountain. Postage is $22 - odd US, or I'd order one. Not your fault, insane postage cost is standard for even tiny items from the US, for some reason. Spain? Fine. Mexico? Fine. Anyway. Not to worry, more a gesture on my part. You'll get lots of business.

Say you're a photographer on there, mate.

Honestly I am still very new to this service, I've spent many hours trying to find someone who would sell my prints without charging an arm and a leg for good quality. They said shipping worldwide, the prices seemed right and I've read that their products are good, which is some of my shots are even available as shower curtains, that amuses me endlessly.

Oh and yeah, I still use a tripod as most landscape photographers do, but mostly to do night shots like this one:

(I have a much better edit of this shot but I cannot find it for the life of me, but as a proof of concept it's ok)

I got one. Have an extra frame hanging around. LOL
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I got one. Have an extra frame hanging around. LOL

Thanks mate, let me know what it looks like in real life once you'll get it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info