[3.8 Video Guide] Beginner Friendly: Winter Orb Trickster [Uber Elder & Fast]

"
octeris wrote:
For everyone asking about shatter... I am using a Pyre to solve this.

I had a near perfect pure and corrupted it to +15% all elemental resistances. However on POB it didn’t give any increases to my damage at all (I think this has got something to do with Avatar of fire’s conversion).

Will you still be using pyre in the long term? Or maybe is there some mechanics of cold to fire conversion that I’ve missed out on?

I’ve dropped pyre for a regular ring with -mana cost crafting to manage Winter Orb perfectly well
"
jayjay999999 wrote:
"
Shock3r19711 wrote:
Got pretty lucky and got the prophecy to make the frostferno. Is it worth using if we dont have beltibers yet for more projectiles? Or should we run GMP instead of infused channeling?

Currently I’m using this on my frostferno: Winter Orb, Infused channelling, combustion and GMP. I’ll swap GMP to increased duration once I get my beltimbers. Currently I’m easily killing bosses with Vaal fire buff + ice spear. Clear speed wise I’m ripping through low-mid tier maps with dual brightbeak for extremely fast leap slams. Majority will die to 1 shot and explosion, of course except for rare mobs, betrayal and unique monster mods.

Personally I find leap slam superior for most contents, and hence I’ve decided to skip wands/sceptres and use the current brightbeaks

I just started testing leap slam. It does work with sceptres, and you can get some insane elemental/spell damage with sceptres for a few chaos. Leap slam is decent, but we dont get much attack speed on gear and it was nerfed a league or 2 ago so its not as insanely fast as it used to be. Maybe with 2 beltimbers it will be a good amount faster than scepter's are.

Im still using phase run > increased duration and Alchemist's Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline. Its just so much movespeed and a lot smoother than leap slamming into walls all the time. I just changed my flame dash to leap slam to proc fortify now that im getting to the late tier maps.

My frostferno is collecting dust for now, I may try it without increased duration and just deal with the less QoL. Getting near being able to afford beltimbers but hoping they drop in price fast as more people start to kill elder guardians.
"
rvaHammer wrote:
Currently not actually having dps problems (working through upper white maps currently), but im kinda confused as to why we dont utilize harness of the void. Im currently at a spot where i kinda get it because i really need weave the arcane (uberlab) for the free movement skill which will outright negate any mana issues.

Then again i found a shield with extra cold dmg as extra chaos and i popped it on and my tooltip dps didnt change at all, and i mean down to the 2,540.5 stayed exactly 2,540.5. Does exra cold dmg as chaos not show up in game tooltip maybe only on pob? Because i find it hard to believe 6% cold dmg as extra chaos wouldnt do anything, especially considering it should do it in both stages of the conversion?

If you have avatar of fire, you deal only fire damage. Maybe this is why cold damage as extra chaos does not work for you, you cannot deal chaos damage.
"
bibanul wrote:
"
rvaHammer wrote:
Currently not actually having dps problems (working through upper white maps currently), but im kinda confused as to why we dont utilize harness of the void. Im currently at a spot where i kinda get it because i really need weave the arcane (uberlab) for the free movement skill which will outright negate any mana issues.

Then again i found a shield with extra cold dmg as extra chaos and i popped it on and my tooltip dps didnt change at all, and i mean down to the 2,540.5 stayed exactly 2,540.5. Does exra cold dmg as chaos not show up in game tooltip maybe only on pob? Because i find it hard to believe 6% cold dmg as extra chaos wouldnt do anything, especially considering it should do it in both stages of the conversion?

If you have avatar of fire, you deal only fire damage. Maybe this is why cold damage as extra chaos does not work for you, you cannot deal chaos damage.

Lol, that would make complete sense. I guess i just was seei f alot of builds with harness the void, people saying harness the void is all of tricksters dmg, etc. Now i get it.
"
jayjay999999 wrote:
Will you still be using pyre in the long term? Or maybe is there some mechanics of cold to fire conversion that I’ve missed out on?
I am using Pyre primarily for the 'Ignited Enemies you hit are destroyed on Kill'. The conversion is useless to us once we are an Avatar of Fire since we only deal Fire damage.

It's nice that Pyre has Fire/Cold resistance, but using Malachai's Artifice with Herald of Purity will net us a lot of Fire Resistance already, so it's not perfect.

Not sure about long-term yet.
Last edited by octeris on May 16, 2019, 7:32:30 PM
"
octeris wrote:
"
jayjay999999 wrote:
I am using Pyre primarily for the 'Ignited Enemies you hit are destroyed on Kill'. The conversion is useless to us once we are an Avatar of Fire since we only deal Fire damage.

It's nice that Pyre has Fire/Cold resistance, but using Malachai's Artifice with Herald of Purity will net us a lot of Fire Resistance already, so it's not perfect.

It will also boost Herald of Ash damage :)
During the leveling tree, you are speccing into "Nimbleness" but the final tree doesnt have "Nimbleness" but more sockets.

Is that intended? If im not mistaken this is to fascilitate the Shroud of the lightless for the abyss sockets lategame.

Thanks
Last edited by imRadial on May 17, 2019, 11:32:04 AM
"
Quintessence wrote:
"
octeris wrote:
"
jayjay999999 wrote:

It will also boost Herald of Ash damage :)

Interesting, can you elaborate a little more? On POB it doesnt really show anything. The burning damage is increased by 70%, but will the cold to fire conversion still affect anything else?

Im comparing this to a good old ring with spell damage haha
Any reason we dont run a curse like enfeeble with cwdt? Having some more survivability would be pretty nice. I feel so squishy..
What should i buy first.

Beltimber or Frostferno?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info