[3.8 Video Guide] Beginner Friendly: Winter Orb Trickster [Uber Elder & Fast]

"
jayjay999999 wrote:

Interesting, can you elaborate a little more? On POB it doesnt really show anything. The burning damage is increased by 70%, but will the cold to fire conversion still affect anything else?

Im comparing this to a good old ring with spell damage haha

It will amplify the overkill burn damage on Herald of Ash unless I am reading it wrong.
What weapons should I be using? I didn’t see anything regarding the weapons to use in the build. Does it matter?
"
LLCOOLC77 wrote:
What weapons should I be using? I didn’t see anything regarding the weapons to use in the build. Does it matter?

Have you even read the build? Theres a video guide at the top you can watch too. The entire build relies on dual wielding beltimber for the extra proj so we can ditch gmp and use frostferno for psuedo 5l thats also getting the same added proj from dual beltimbers as a gmp would add, so its a psuedo 6L.

The real question is what weapon to use prior to aqcuiring those but that also has been mentioned few times if you read all the comments. Im personally still saving up for beltimbers so im using an ele dmg sceptre amd a shield for survivability until i get those. Im running yellow maps just fine, switched things around and have 5L winter orb in body and ice spear in frostferno til i can get the swords also.
I'm theorizing a version of this build that doesn't go for Avatar of Fire but still achieving almost full fire conversion with Pyre ring.

This would allow me to go for Harness the Void instead of Weave the Arcane. With an Atziri's flask (and possibly an elder amulet with non-chaos as extra chaos) this should result quite a bit of extra damage.

I also want to go for Eldritch Battery allowing me to skip Sovereignty and go for Mind Over Matter for some extra defense.

Pob for my version with, in my opinion, quite humble stats on the rare gear:

https://pastebin.com/fsRc2d2c

A few questions / topics of discussion / potential issues:

Am I correct in assuming the damage potential of my version is higher than that of the Avatar of Fire version?

Elemental Equilibrium should still be giving the desired outcome of boosting my fire damage, despite me dealing some cold damage. Since it's the Hatred boosted Herald of Purity minions doing the procing. Correct?

In my hypothetical gear setup in pob I end up with slightly below 1000 energy shield. Is this enough to sustain my casting and Mind over Matter?

I can see an issue in actually regenerating the energy shield I spend. What would be the best way to sustain it? Going for one point of leech in the Ethereal Feast wheel maybe? Or maybe going for Energy Leech Support instead of Increased Duration in the Winter Orb link?

Frostferno or Beltimber - in terms of priority, which should I go for first?
Spoiler
"
Johla979 wrote:
I'm theorizing a version of this build that doesn't go for Avatar of Fire but still achieving almost full fire conversion with Pyre ring.

This would allow me to go for Harness the Void instead of Weave the Arcane. With an Atziri's flask (and possibly an elder amulet with non-chaos as extra chaos) this should result quite a bit of extra damage.

I also want to go for Eldritch Battery allowing me to skip Sovereignty and go for Mind Over Matter for some extra defense.

Pob for my version with, in my opinion, quite humble stats on the rare gear:

https://pastebin.com/fsRc2d2c

A few questions / topics of discussion / potential issues:

Am I correct in assuming the damage potential of my version is higher than that of the Avatar of Fire version?

Elemental Equilibrium should still be giving the desired outcome of boosting my fire damage, despite me dealing some cold damage. Since it's the Hatred boosted Herald of Purity minions doing the procing. Correct?

In my hypothetical gear setup in pob I end up with slightly below 1000 energy shield. Is this enough to sustain my casting and Mind over Matter?

I can see an issue in actually regenerating the energy shield I spend. What would be the best way to sustain it? Going for one point of leech in the Ethereal Feast wheel maybe? Or maybe going for Energy Leech Support instead of Increased Duration in the Winter Orb link?

I'd look at some of the other Winter Orb builds in this forum for some pointers. The Eternity Shroud version of this build is more in-line with your thinking/plan. The damage potential of that version is absolutely higher than this one, because of conversion to chaos memes.

Yes EE will still work fine. EE is triggered by your Purity minions with Hatred giving them cold damage, so it will still provide the -50 Fire Res.

For EB+MoM I would aim for closer to 2k Energy Shield if possible.

If you're still dealing a fair amount of Fire Damage you might be able to rely on just Heart of Flame for energy shield leech. If not, I would pick up the Ethereal Feast wheel. It's not clear to me which side is better in that wheel, it's probably situational.
Last edited by octeris on May 20, 2019, 1:32:01 PM
"
octeris wrote:
Yes EE will still work fine. EE is triggered by your Purity minions with Hatred giving them cold damage, so it will still provide the -50 Fire Res.

Will it? With proper chaos setup (Eternity Shroud and dual extra chaos damage scepters/wands (probably unachievable in a flashback league for mere mortals anyway)) you would be dealing like 1% cold, 10% fire and 89% chaos). At this stage EE should be pretty meaningless, shouldn't it?
Last edited by DarkAvenger2279 on May 21, 2019, 3:11:39 PM
"
Will it? With proper chaos setup (Eternity Shroud and dual extra chaos damage scepters/wands (probably unachievable in a flashback league for mere mortals anyway)) you would be dealing like 1% cold, 10% fire and 89% chaos). At this stage EE should be pretty meaningless, shouldn't it?

If you're that far along then yes, EE is useless to you. You probably wouldn't be running an Artifice with Herald of Purity at that point anyway.

I was really only commenting on the mechanics of triggering EE through Purity minions, not whether or not it was a good idea to use.
Last edited by octeris on May 21, 2019, 6:37:10 PM
how do u run 3 auras? i got no mana left
^^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info