[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

Oh okay, but i guess it´s not that easy to get one?

Where do you see some more damage potential @my gear? :P
A wand as weapon, Auls amulet and ofc Atziris and Cowards?

Don´t know whether, if i should need it but what is even better then damage, yeah more damage. ^^

Regards!

Edit#1:

All in all i have 10k+ ES now and new spider mod.^^

But still 2 open gem slots, any idea?

Edit#2:
made this with 14 jewel orbs from 2 to 6 sockets and then 80 fusings to victory :D
Last edited by Malerbob on Oct 18, 2019, 12:59:29 PM
@Malerbob

in your last two socket you want to use a CWDT (Level 1) + Ball Lightning setup.

As for damage, a chest with Arcane surge support would give a good DPS boost.

Of course Reflection + Coward's Legacy is a great damage combo.

Rare Shield with +1 all cold spell skills would be pretty good dps boost as well.

Malevolence Aul's for free DPS aura.

Lookin good though :)
Map Bosses: Why the hell u kill us instant?

Me: Yes.

^^

Just watch for fun to Bottled Faith Sulphur Flask, lul more expensive then Atziris Reflection?
"
Malerbob wrote:
Map Bosses: Why the hell u kill us instant?

Me: Yes.

^^

Just watch for fun to Bottled Faith Sulphur Flask, lul more expensive then Atziris Reflection?

Hehehe. Bottled Faith is so not worth the cost right now. I have one on my Synthesis guy because they weren't too expensive then (and I found it). Still a good flask though.
Heya, got my first Char @95. That´s kinda high for me, as i wanna play to many buils if i see some interesting.

But this one here, man thats just nuts. ^^
I guess i am playing this one only next time, and i rly hope in 3.9 or whatever its still like this. :)

Looking for nice enchants, but it isn´t that easy in standard.
Tried uber lab fast just for fun, got 2x dog sh*t. :/
Wanted to chime in with my thanks and experience with the guide.

I'm a newer player - Legion was my first time playing steadily and getting to maps - and my goals for Blight have centered around playing new builds and content in an effort to experience the full breadth of the game and find my niche(s).

This Trickster was my first time going CI, and the thoroughness and clarity of the guide (not to mention the sheer power of the build) made that experience as easy as possible. It's been smoother sailing than I expected, and I've really enjoyed the steady arc of improving the character and the high ceiling of the build. I've found it to be quite a fun and versatile playstyle, and it's great to play a build that can be improved incrementally to such a level.

One practical question: I've purchased a pair of rare Shaper gloves with the +% to Cold DoT Multiplier isolated for multimodding. It'll be my first time multimodding. Do you have any thoughts about choosing the +1 level to socketed AoE gems craft (for Cold Snap) versus the extra damage during any flask effect? Playing around on PoB my initial impression was that the former is a bit more damage as long as I always have Cold Snap up. I also like the QoL of always having that damage boost available and the slight increase in AoE. Thought I'd ask here first though in case I'm missing something. Any input would be welcome!

In any case, mate thanks for the fun and effective build and excellent guide.
"
Qikly wrote:
Wanted to chime in with my thanks and experience with the guide.

I'm a newer player - Legion was my first time playing steadily and getting to maps - and my goals for Blight have centered around playing new builds and content in an effort to experience the full breadth of the game and find my niche(s).

This Trickster was my first time going CI, and the thoroughness and clarity of the guide (not to mention the sheer power of the build) made that experience as easy as possible. It's been smoother sailing than I expected, and I've really enjoyed the steady arc of improving the character and the high ceiling of the build. I've found it to be quite a fun and versatile playstyle, and it's great to play a build that can be improved incrementally to such a level.

One practical question: I've purchased a pair of rare Shaper gloves with the +% to Cold DoT Multiplier isolated for multimodding. It'll be my first time multimodding. Do you have any thoughts about choosing the +1 level to socketed AoE gems craft (for Cold Snap) versus the extra damage during any flask effect? Playing around on PoB my initial impression was that the former is a bit more damage as long as I always have Cold Snap up. I also like the QoL of always having that damage boost available and the slight increase in AoE. Thought I'd ask here first though in case I'm missing something. Any input would be welcome!

In any case, mate thanks for the fun and effective build and excellent guide.

Glad you're enjoying the build! I love posts like these ^^

To answer your question: The damage during Flask Effect will also boost your Vortex, whereas the +1 Gems will only boost Cold Snap.

That said, it is generally advised that you craft the 36-40%/24-28 life Prefix for more ES. My guy from Synthesis (_Chill_)has obscene gear.
Cheers, mate. It's been a real pleasure of a build to be introduced to end-game gearing with. I'm looking forward to taking my first crack at Shaper with it.

"
Gryphenprey wrote:
To answer your question: The damage during Flask Effect will also boost your Vortex, whereas the +1 Gems will only boost Cold Snap.

Right. For what it's worth, my beginner's PoB theorycrafting seems to show that the increased Cold Snap DoT from the +1 to socketed gems is ~10-15% greater than the increased damage gained from the increased damage during flask effect running on both Vortex and Cold Snap. That's counter to what I expected and could be completely wrong (I'm still learning how to fiddle with PoB), but that's why I asked.

"
Gryphenprey wrote:
That said, it is generally advised that you craft the 36-40%/24-28 life Prefix for more ES. My guy from Synthesis (_Chill_)has obscene gear.

Makes sense, and certainly seems like the prudent way to go. I think in large part I'm just very new to weighing the trade off of ~150 ES versus the increase in damage. Lots to think about! Part of what makes the game and the build so fun.
@Qikly

Cold Snap also doesn't have to be in your gloves. My Legion Trickster used it in helmet with a Hypothermia support 5L Shaper helm.

Ah! That's the part I was overlooking. I've been running CS in my gloves to this point and my auras in The Vertex, so I've just been in the habit of thinking of them being there. Definitely will be thinking of upgrading the helm next, lots of min-maxing left to do.

Much obliged!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info