[3.9] Gryph's CI Vortex + Coldsnap Trickster || Uber Elder+Everything Else

"
Xyphexx wrote:
Any thoughts on a pure life version of this build?

My thoughts are...

Don't do it :P

At best you'll probably go EB+MoM and end up with about 5k life. Going CI gives us so much eHP and synergises very well with his ascendancies. The defensive layers also work incredibly well for this method as stacking evasion also gives another source of recovery and defense.

That said it's not like it's going to be BAD to go life, it's just not as efficient.

@Toxic

I was watching your delve video and I am internally screaming at how much you don't cast Cold Snap XD

I know you have a different style of play and that works for you. I like to shield charge around and cast cold snap and vortex both while clearing. Nice upgrades though. My preferred auras are:

Malevolence
Discipline
Aspect of The Spider
Hatred or Grace

Take from that what you will and keep doing what you like to! :)
Hey there, tomorrow i will going into these build.Kinda new too these playstyle, but i hope this will be some fun at all. ^^

Need to respec skill tree and getting items then, Atziris Reflection lowest is 18ex @ standard.So i need to go the cheaper version first, is this a big differnce? (Ya i play standard^^)

What would u say do i need to invest to farm all content, priority mapping, delving and master missions 4 sure.
Guardians and maybe UE,Shaper comes with time, or isn´t this a big deal?

Looking forward to start tomorrow.^^

Regards!
"
Malerbob wrote:
Hey there, tomorrow i will going into these build.Kinda new too these playstyle, but i hope this will be some fun at all. ^^

Need to respec skill tree and getting items then, Atziris Reflection lowest is 18ex @ standard.So i need to go the cheaper version first, is this a big differnce? (Ya i play standard^^)

What would u say do i need to invest to farm all content, priority mapping, delving and master missions 4 sure.
Guardians and maybe UE,Shaper comes with time, or isn´t this a big deal?

Looking forward to start tomorrow.^^

Regards!

Reflection is a luxury BiS item for this build.

Basically reflection is huge QoL with curse immunity, movespeed, Evasion, and resists. Combined with Coward's Belt it can let you take pain Attunement with no downside.

Apep's Supremacy is a good option defensively until you can afford Reflection+Coward's Legacy Combo. Otherwise any rare with good ES will do. Perepiteia with Flat ES implicit is a great choice as well (not sure cost on that in standard)

There's a lot of really cool options with the build if you are a standard player. They just get really expensive really fast. IE: Explosion weapons from synthesis.
That explosion implicit is really really sweet when you use hatred as well. Only available in Standard right now. But they're pretty expensive.
I will start with some cheaper gear, just to look how everything work´s, then i maybe go some deeper into better stuff. ^^

Thx 4 that quick reply!
Sry 4 double post, but i think i have all to get started.
Tested some T10 Maps, works. :)

U may have a quick look into gear and gems?

I know the weapon is missing that important mod, it will come soon.
"
Malerbob wrote:

Your gear looks fine, in fact pretty good and perfectly capable of killing everything in the game with what you have.

a few problems..

For your cold-snap group, you don't want elemental-focus as that causes it to not apply chill. (probably bone-chill too.) Use hypothermia instead.

Same thing for your vortex group. Get rid of elemental focus. Use controlled destruction instead. Storm-brand * orb of storms hit fast enough, that those provide all the crit you need for elemental overload to be constantly up.

Enfeeble won't do much for you. Without blasphemy, it must be self-cast. And it will overwrite the despair from your flask (or vice-versa) unless you get a +1 curse somewhere. (no real need imo).

I'd also suggest getting vaal versions of grace and discipline, so you have a couple extra "oh shit" buttons...

While you are at it.. quality up your mask to 20%. It will add a bit of ES and a fair amount more of evasion b/c of the ascendancy.

"
toxic678 wrote:
"
Malerbob wrote:

Your gear looks fine, in fact pretty good and perfectly capable of killing everything in the game with what you have.

a few problems..

For your cold-snap group, you don't want elemental-focus as that causes it to not apply chill. (probably bone-chill too.) Use hypothermia instead.

Same thing for your vortex group. Get rid of elemental focus. Use controlled destruction instead. Storm-brand * orb of storms hit fast enough, that those provide all the crit you need for elemental overload to be constantly up.

Enfeeble won't do much for you. Without blasphemy, it must be self-cast. And it will overwrite the despair from your flask (or vice-versa) unless you get a +1 curse somewhere. (no real need imo).

I'd also suggest getting vaal versions of grace and discipline, so you have a couple extra "oh shit" buttons...

While you are at it.. quality up your mask to 20%. It will add a bit of ES and a fair amount more of evasion b/c of the ascendancy.

Elemental Focus on Vortex and Cold Snap is fine as they apply a chilled ground effect that has a base chill effect of 10% Ele Focus only applies to the initial hit.

Also he is using both Controlled destruction in Vortex and Hypothermia (see helmet) for Cold Snap.

@malerbob

Enfeeble should be on a CWDT setup. If using Witchfire Brew you can drop it.

Only major change I would make would be to get a higher ES helmet. If you can lose the cold Res the Vertex is a good budget option.

Also a better amulet with more relevant stats. Cold DoT multi is an option on shaped amulet for example.

Last edited by Gryphenprey on Oct 17, 2019, 8:11:48 PM
Hey, was doin some guardians, shaper and my first mastermind catarina(82),absolutly without any problems. ^^
This is way more fun i actually thought that it will be, wow.

My crafted helmet has already hypothermia support, so i was looking for a 5th gem and in the gem selection ele focus was named, so this isnt that good as u say?

Oh nice, thanks for that info via the vortex group.
Yeah enfeeble kinda useless atm, but i have 2 free slots in my boots, dont know what to put in there.^^

Oops my mask isn´t @20 quality, will do at first after next log in.

Thanks a lot dude!

@Gryphenprey: i have a decent vertex mask there, is the more es and evasion better as the 5th link from equipped helmet with hypothermia?

Okay, will look after better amu, thx!
Last edited by Malerbob on Oct 17, 2019, 8:24:39 PM
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
toxic678 wrote:
"
Malerbob wrote:

Also he is using both Controlled destruction in Vortex and Hypothermia (see helmet) for Cold Snap.

Actually.. not really sure what I was thinking.. I'll just sit out of your thread ;P
Last edited by toxic678 on Oct 17, 2019, 10:44:07 PM
"
Malerbob wrote:
Hey, was doin some guardians, shaper and my first mastermind catarina(82),absolutly without any problems. ^^
This is way more fun i actually thought that it will be, wow.

My crafted helmet has already hypothermia support, so i was looking for a 5th gem and in the gem selection ele focus was named, so this isnt that good as u say?

Oh nice, thanks for that info via the vortex group.
Yeah enfeeble kinda useless atm, but i have 2 free slots in my boots, dont know what to put in there.^^

Oops my mask isn´t @20 quality, will do at first after next log in.

Thanks a lot dude!

@Gryphenprey: i have a decent vertex mask there, is the more es and evasion better as the 5th link from equipped helmet with hypothermia?

Okay, will look after better amu, thx!

If you can pick up a good RARE with 300+ ES and Hypothermia support that'd be best. (outside of really GG synthesized legacy items)

But if you're on a budget Vertex is a better option in my opinion for the extra Evasion and Energy Shield.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info