[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

"
DarkenX wrote:
So much info, no clue where to go looking for simple Soulrend in all of that first post... And there's too many pages to go looking through to find out if anyone else asked about this either...

What do you even mean with "simple Soulrend" ? Just pick whatever version you think sounds good for you and go for it?

Hell there is even a dedicated leveling section you can very easily open and follow. Click the "Show" button next to "Spoiler".
"
Jurvi wrote:
"
DarkenX wrote:
So much info, no clue where to go looking for simple Soulrend in all of that first post... And there's too many pages to go looking through to find out if anyone else asked about this either...

What do you even mean with "simple Soulrend" ? Just pick whatever version you think sounds good for you and go for it?

Hell there is even a dedicated leveling section you can very easily open and follow. Click the "Show" button next to "Spoiler".

I see words like "transitioning into this" and "swapping to this build" scattered all over each build description. It's rather confusing...
Finished the dagger with some crafting service help as my mods on my bench aren't max level yet.

Here is what I did:

Base dagger, I got 3 daggers with either Life Gain on Kill or Mana Gain on Kill as fractured mods. When you scour them, they become magic and they need to be rare to synthesize. At this point you regal the 3 daggers then annul the mod that you regaled on. This makes each dagger rare with just the fractured mod. Now you craft Increased Chaos Damage on each of them. If you want the highest chaos implicit range, you need the recipe from the T3 poison room in the Temple. Once you do that, then just synthesize to get the base.

Crafting the Decay mod can be a gamble. I believe it works like an Alch where you always get at least 4 mods, and Decay is a suffix. So use the Essence of Delirium to get the mod. You want to have 2 prefix and 2 suffix. (If I am wrong and you can get 2 prefix 1 suffix that's even better). In the scenario of 2 prefix, 2 suffix, you craft suffixes cannot be changed then scour. This leaves you with a rare with the Decay mod and a random suffix. If the suffix is something good you want to keep, then just multimod from there. If not, then you need to annul the dagger and hope you don't hit decay. If you hit Decay, you need to go back to Delirium. If not, congrats! Multimod and you're done!

If you're curious for a best case scenario cost, you'll need to buy the 3 daggers which at the time I got them were 1-3c. You can save on annulments by getting daggers with both life and mana on kill as scouring will leave them rare so you can craft chaos damage and synthesize, but if not then that's 3 annulments. Prefixes cannot be changed is 2ex, 1 delirium is 9c at the time I did the essence portion. Another annulment for the suffix gamble. Then multimod is 2ex, damage over time is 2c, Arcane Surge / Cast Speed and Non-Ailment Chaos Damage Multi are 4c each and lastly Chaos Damage / Increased Chaos Skill Duration is 8c.
Last edited by Jolo0213 on Mar 24, 2019, 12:22:48 AM
"
DarkenX wrote:
"
Jurvi wrote:
"
DarkenX wrote:

I see words like "transitioning into this" and "swapping to this build" scattered all over each build description. It's rather confusing...

I think the general consensus is that it's slightly easier to level up by doing the "simple" version first, AKA the Life + MoM (Build #1) and then transition to Hybrid + MoM + EB (Build #2) later on.

But you can quite well just start directly going for the Build #2. I think it's pretty much the sweet spot of the 3 variations introduced here in the original post.

So basically you can just open up the "II. Life+MoM+EB, Bane+2 Curses" section, and follow that. There really is not that huge need to even try to balance your Life + ES during leveling. Survivability is great even with low ES. Just don't rush EB too soon and keep some mana unreserved for casting.
I'm loving this build! Thanks man!
I do have a question tho, but im not that good in Path of Building.

Why is my DPS higher when i dont use empower and use the other gems.
As in, its much higher DoT damage.
Sorry for the stupid question :)
Stupid question but why are we using Bane if we have Soulrend?
Im just wondering, Would LL or CI occultist be better with gear invesment ?
Last edited by NorrisTBK on Mar 22, 2019, 9:39:18 AM
"
Toyoster wrote:
Stupid question but why are we using Bane if we have Soulrend?

Bane is a supporting skill for tougher enemies (bosses, rares in high tier maps, etc...). Bane adds damage and applies 1-2 curses (depending on setup): Despair for a DPS boost and Temp. Chains or Enfeeble for survivability.

When clearing trash in maps, you don't need to cast Bane and you can just Soulrend everything.
So, I went staff build using a Cane of the Unravelling. I just made a six link today with one, and I'm wondering how I should do the gem setup. Is empower better than 4B + 2G or should I go for 2G for swift affliction or void manipulation?
You'll probably want 3B and either 3G or 2G1R. 3 Green would give you Swift Affliction, Void Manipulation and GMP. If you do 2G1R you can drop GMP for Empower, but that's better if you have a nice setup with helm enchant and Dying Sun for example.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info