[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

So I don't really understand why... But I feel like I'm barely leeching any life at all. I'm using the leech support in Cospri and I have the keystone with attack damage leech, but all I seem to be getting is like 200-300 life(Out of what is currently about ~4500) per second through leech. Not nearly enough to survive with and if I don't kill everything instantly it murders me. What exactly am I doing wrong here?
"
XCaedisX wrote:
So I don't really understand why... But I feel like I'm barely leeching any life at all. I'm using the leech support in Cospri and I have the keystone with attack damage leech, but all I seem to be getting is like 200-300 life(Out of what is currently about ~4500) per second through leech. Not nearly enough to survive with and if I don't kill everything instantly it murders me. What exactly am I doing wrong here?

The keystone of attack damage leech is pretty useless because it only works on cyclone damage which is very low. We are doing damage through spells, specifically ice nova and frostbolt.

Can you post your gear / tree or PoB pastebin so I can try to help? It's difficult to evaluate a character's status with near to zero information about it.
is there any shock immunity in this build? i want to use wiseoak, but dont want to drop my basalt shock flask.
Last edited by jay221 on Feb 22, 2019, 10:57:51 AM
"
The keystone of attack damage leech is pretty useless because it only works on cyclone damage which is very low. We are doing damage through spells, specifically ice nova and frostbolt.

Can you post your gear / tree or PoB pastebin so I can try to help? It's difficult to evaluate a character's status with near to zero information about it.

Gear

Passive

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAQHBLMI9A3NDkgOXA_EEFgQkhEtES8RlhewGjgbyBzOIG4i9CaVJy8qCysKK1AsnDD4MjIy0TY9Olg62DrhO3w8BTwtPQ89X0VHRX5FnUqLTLNQMFF0UlNTUlVLVcZd8mHiYqxqQ2r6bAtsjG0ZcFJ8g3y7ffV_xoKbg8yD24nTjDaO6ZBVkyeU8ZeVl_Sa4J2qogCio6aZrv-vm6-ntDi1SLc-uMq8b7zqwGbE9sauz93QH9Wm2L3Zhtte5RnrY-vu73zv6_Af8kX4l_v1_gr-VA==?accountName=XCaedisX&characterName=IceIceBuster

Still working on properly linking/coloring Loreweave, and building up funds for the unique amy/ring. Even without them, though, I don't believe my leech should be as poor as it seems to be right now. Not sure if it's because the ice nova in my chest piece is triggering before the one in Cospri and killing things before cospri's nova hits them? If so I'm unsure how I'd force one to proc before the other.
Last edited by XCaedisX on Feb 22, 2019, 2:41:58 PM
I took CheeQu's build pretty far this league:

Gear:

Stats:
9k HP (ES + Life)
Phat Damage
Big CoC
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
this build is my new true love hehe
"
XCaedisX wrote:
Gear

Passive

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAQHBLMI9A3NDkgOXA_EEFgQkhEtES8RlhewGjgbyBzOIG4i9CaVJy8qCysKK1AsnDD4MjIy0TY9Olg62DrhO3w8BTwtPQ89X0VHRX5FnUqLTLNQMFF0UlNTUlVLVcZd8mHiYqxqQ2r6bAtsjG0ZcFJ8g3y7ffV_xoKbg8yD24nTjDaO6ZBVkyeU8ZeVl_Sa4J2qogCio6aZrv-vm6-ntDi1SLc-uMq8b7zqwGbE9sauz93QH9Wm2L3Zhtte5RnrY-vu73zv6_Af8kX4l_v1_gr-VA==?accountName=XCaedisX&characterName=IceIceBuster

Still working on properly linking/coloring Loreweave, and building up funds for the unique amy/ring. Even without them, though, I don't believe my leech should be as poor as it seems to be right now. Not sure if it's because the ice nova in my chest piece is triggering before the one in Cospri and killing things before cospri's nova hits them? If so I'm unsure how I'd force one to proc before the other.

I think you might have a problem related to your max life and actual damage.

Leech is capped to 20% max life per second, so if you have 4500 life you can't leech more than 900 life per second if your damage per second is high enough to reach the leech cap.

What I absolutely advise you to do is to take the last ascendancy points (Ambush and Assassinate) ASAP because they make the whole gameplay a lot smoother.

This build, sadly, doesn't perform so well until your gear reaches at least the "decent" status. You are missing some crit chance (ascendancy, inc. crit gem, loreweave) so your triggers are less than expected, your gems are still not max level and you have great room for improvements in almost all equipment slots.

And looking at your gear, I have a doubt: is Vaal Ice Nova working properly in trigger setups? I've always used the regular Ice Nova gem, not its corrupted counterpart, so I really don't know.

I'd follow this priority list:

1) Get Ambush and Assassinate from Endgame Labyrinth
2) Get Loreweave (at least 5L, when you can 6L it go for perma fortify)
3) Get a good Elder ring and Mark of the Shaper
4) Get 30% movement speed boots with life and resistances
5) You have ZERO chaos resistance from your gear, in Betrayal league it's pretty impossible to survive some syndicate members with -60% chaos res and 4500 life even in low tier maps unless your gear is godly and you plain oneshot them (and this is not the case for you), try to get it up if possible
6) Get the Pandemonius
7) Get a good Watcher's Eye
8) Improve your rare items, especially gloves and belt can do a huge difference
9) Get good jewels
10) Get corrupted gems (prioritize Ice Novas, inc Crit Strikes, Frostbolt)

Cheers!
This is by far one of my most favorite builds this league. The only thing that kind of irks me is the screen shaking violently from all the DPS but that is a small tradeoff!
Hey, this has been a great build for me. Mapping at ~t-15 is no probs only boss encounters have some difficulty since the entire screen turns white making it hard to dodge some mechanics.
I took a few weeks break from the game so I'm pretty out of it but what should I do to improve this further. Got a bit lucky and finally 6-linked the chest after coming back so at least that's out of the way.
My budget is around 600-700c

https://pastebin.com/4aQJW5VL

Last edited by KingRaker on Feb 23, 2019, 4:14:45 AM
After waiting for 10 days for the seller to come online, I have managed to snatch this beauty for just 3ex. Perfect increased elemental damage and max. resists. Life is OK, other stats medium, but not that crucial.

Last edited by DarkAvenger2279 on Feb 23, 2019, 5:18:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info