[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

Hello, all. I've recently jumped to this build after starting this on Say_ten's dual strike build. I fully regretted my tree to match his passives (Coordination EXcluded) i'm lvl 86 with a 9% Cospri's Malice and Starks Head. Here is where I am getting confused. Guide suggests that I have cyclones APS be less than or equal to 3.0 without CDR on belt or boots. But for some reason my cyclone APS in H/O is 3.2 or 3.22 in POB. this only drops to 3.20 if I equip a 8% Cospri's. Given I understand his guide, this means i'm losing dps marginally for by CoC's cooldown time. Anyone have any advice for this? THanks a billion.
"
dragnmith1 wrote:
"
LordOxid wrote:
Hey all, I was just wondering what split of Abyss vs Regular jewels are we looking for? Seems we can get the juiciest additions to DPS via Abyss jewels (#max life, cold dmg to spells, cold dmg to spells with shield).

Do we want ALL abyss jewels for our passive tree jewel slots (minus the one for frozen trail).

i think most of the abyss jewels would be used in say bubonic boot's or stygian belt most of the jewel's i use in the tree socket's would be something of this nature

Does "multiplier with one-hand melee weapons" apply to our triggered ice novas? Is the multiplier buff applied simply if we have a one-hand weapon equipped?

Managed to snipe another super juicy jewel for the build at a pretty decent price.
Btw if you're looking for a budgeted version of on hit heal, you can buy vitality version of on hit heal which is 2 ex only.

It's worse that Discipline because vitality doesn't give any additional life (should have patched it and buffed it already ggg), but the on hit heal is equally as good, and can instantly refill your hp too even in delve 500+

Note that on hit heal count for both cyclone spin AND ice nova/ frostbolt triggering, so it performs way better than the ring's on hit with attack heal (because cyclone is your only attack), and I think this on hit heal is crucial to this build, whether it's from Discipline or Vitality, just go get it.

Basically this Cyclone CoC Assassin is like the new Molten Strike, but way more mobile, less clunky, and smooth to play, and on top of ridiculously dps against bosses, the map clearing ability is actually super amazing too. Probably the swiftest delver out there too because you can keep moving forward while melting everything in sight, and shatter all the corpses in the process and ignore most of the annoying delve on death mechanic.

Best melee build I've ever played hands down. I thought op exaggerated the dps, but no, the dps is actually top tier, be it single target or multi-target, especially with lv21 spell gems. (If you have Loreweave double corrupt, it can go up to lv24 ice nova. I seriously can't imagine how broken that thing would be) Honestly I can't think of a reason to ever play other melee builds ever again.

Good bossing, good clear, swift playstyle, semi-tanky, on top of gorgeous attack animation. (especially with mtx).
Last edited by mic01851165 on Feb 17, 2019, 3:27:08 PM
"
LordOxid wrote:

Managed to snipe another super juicy jewel for the build at a pretty decent price.

Wth... this jewel dps is off the roof.

It beats every nodes available out there in terms of dps boost.
Only downside is no hp, but I think it's more than enough to compensate with that ridiculous dps boost.
Hi CheeQu!

First of all, thanks for making this build. But I have 2 questions about it:

1) I "accidentaly" nought my first Cospri but with 14% AS. But to compensate, I also bought the cheapest 14% CDRS belt (I don't remember exactly the %, but it was more than u suggested in the Part 2 of gearing) Can I still use my Cospri until I find/craft a better belt?

2) Is an 80% resistances Lorewwave that important? Can I simply use a 79% one but with a good roll in elemental damage?

Thanks beforehand! Been enjoying this build, and even tho I'm still not LV68+
"
Rvban wrote:
Hi CheeQu!

First of all, thanks for making this build. But I have 2 questions about it:

2) Is an 80% resistances Lorewwave that important? Can I simply use a 79% one but with a good roll in elemental damage?

Thanks beforehand! Been enjoying this build, and even tho I'm still not LV68+

I believe he made it quite clear: "6) Loreweave - 80% Max Elemental Resistances is MANDATORY here,".
"
I believe he made it quite clear: "6) Loreweave - 80% Max Elemental Resistances is MANDATORY here,".

I know, but
1) I spent my currency in the Cospri
2) In Standart the difference between an 80% and a 79% is like 40c. I'm currently using Tabula, so I can keep going with it
How many exalts would i have to spend to kill breachlords (from pure stones) in a few seconds?
Last edited by zweckform on Feb 18, 2019, 5:21:37 PM
Really fun build, thank you.

I really struggled with Uber Lab. Kept getting stuck in traps. I've run lab many times and never had so much trouble. Finally picked up a bloodgrip amulet, vitality in place of Herald of Ice, an instant life flask and a standard life flask + switched to Soul of Ryslatha which got me through. I can farm augmented T15 maps and lab was crushing me :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info