[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

k tree update...more ehp, more dmg, more......less mana regen (Shaper node) so +2 mana on hit on jewel can be the answer?

So that's my gear now, I died numerous times to uber elder, just didn't feel I had the damage. What can I do/what should I do to improve? Thanks :)
"
Pranabindu wrote:
Hello, quick question. I try to use POB a lot as a learning and optimization tool, and for most builds it's very clear for me to see impacts of gear by TOTAL DPS numbers. Since this build really doesn't work like that, is there one or multiple variables I can eyeball to evaluate DPS impacts of gear/skill points?

"Average Hit" for Ice Nova is the obvious thing that jumps out, and maybe there is not easy way to evaluate this as opposed to normal builds with total dps, but figured I'd ask. Thanks!

The three stats I focus on are:
- attacks per second for cyclone / blade flurry
- crit rate (or effective crit rate) for cyclone / blade flurry
- ice nova average hit

That basically captures your dps. Multiply them all together (x2 for cyclone) for a sort of simplified effective dps.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Jan 12, 2019, 2:29:15 PM
"

So that's my gear now, I died numerous times to uber elder, just didn't feel I had the damage. What can I do/what should I do to improve? Thanks :)

If that’s your gear you really need to invest in a chest piece..?:)
"
snoeppen wrote:
So I made a CI version from this build - https://pastebin.com/ucajRi7d

Looking for better boots tho. 6822 ES with current gear!

Do you actually use Blood Rage? I tried to use it on my CI variant for awhile, but in the end I dropped it because managing the attack speed on single target got really tedious (Blood Rage, OR Frenzy Charges, OR Onslaught, but only one at a time for max single target)...

Also that 12% CDR crafted mod doesn't work at all for CoC I thought? At least 14% to have any effect, isn't it? So aren't you WAY over your APS cap (even without Blood Rage and Frenzy Charges, looks like you're at 3.26 APS) and losing out on a ton of single target DPS?
I took some inspiration from the guide update to make a few changes to my CI variant that seem to be working out pretty nicely... and mana on hit jewels are pretty cheap since I can ignore Life, which made room to comfortably add Aspect of the Spider.

https://pastebin.com/XDEbkAyR

I still don't think a CI variant is ever going to be quite as powerful as a Life based version, but things are coming along pretty nicely for me due to a significant lack of gear competition:
"
rxl wrote:
ive been looking into this build and wondered if its headhunter viable?

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Assassin&item=Headhunter,Cospris-Malice
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
So i feel like i take more dmg then im supposed to and i dont really know why.

my leech speed sometimes does not stand against bosses/syndicate members to the result that i die and i dont know how to get enough currency together to buy a pandemonius and a loreware.

maybe my current gear is just bad i dont really know what else i should look for. but other than that the build is pretty fun to play if anyone has sugestions for me how i could avoid dying so often i would gladly take
the advice.
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"

If that’s your gear you really need to invest in a chest piece..?:)

Hahahha maybe that's why I'm dying ;)

Ok here is my chest

Any tips on where to improve with my above including chest :)

Thanks
A few things.

1. In my personal view - which is a view shared by some but not all - cyclone is a tough skill to try and do uber with (animation lock, imprecise transitions, etc)
2. Lose the fortify in your 6l, replace it with Hypothermia (or even cold penetration)
3. Try and get a helpful enchant on your helm (the guide has ideas as do others in this thread)
4. Better yet, see if you can get a better helm with -9% nearby enemy cold resistance
5. Better jewels - a huge chunk of damage comes from jewels. Focus on crit multi and/or flat cold damage to spells.
6. Blood rage? For Uber? How do you manage APS with any consistency v uber?
Last edited by mrpetrov on Jan 12, 2019, 4:16:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info