Summon Skeletons

I would pay $10 if the skeletons would have a skin that changes their appearance into wolves for example. I always liked nature-based spells, and it makes me sad that there is none in the game (yet?) I'm using the totem support gem linked to summon skeletons, and the totem can really spam them! It's like a machine gun of bones! The only problem is when I'm playing with friends and it can clutter up the screen. I also use the Wrath, Hatred, Anger, and Discipline aura all at the same time, and it can get way too colorful and cluttered. I don't want them to hate me!
Do these leave corpses on death?
"
c2games wrote:
Do these leave corpses on death?
no but foes will if you have the passive to turn minions into bombs on death.
About that. The keystones says "low life". What happens if they are just resummoned?
they don't die when resummoned, so the explosion on death passive doesn't trigger. it's not a "when low life" like listed elsewhere, its a literal minion death that causes the bomb. skeletons just get unsummoned for lack of a proper explanation. removed from game =/= death... as far as the question and skill is concerned.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
they don't die when resummoned, so the explosion on death passive doesn't trigger. it's not a "when low life" like listed elsewhere, its a literal minion death that causes the bomb. skeletons just get unsummoned for lack of a proper explanation. removed from game =/= death... as far as the question and skill is concerned.

I Have the feeling i should correct you, it is on low life like 35% Trust me! If your Minion have like 35% HP they will get a Burning Glow (Skeletons) and Zombies have a Blueish Tattoo Glowing and they will explode if the next Mob will hit them!

So one example of a Skeleton that wont explode whit MI:

If a Skeleton fights a Strong Mob who One-Hits them, that Skeleton wont explode, it would Fade Away(Re-summoned).

Also at Higher Level where Skeletons will take more Hits you will see, the Skeletons explode more often^.^

"
thauller wrote:
I would pay $10 if the skeletons would have a skin that changes their appearance into wolves for example. I always liked nature-based spells, and it makes me sad that there is none in the game (yet?) I'm using the totem support gem linked to summon skeletons, and the totem can really spam them! It's like a machine gun of bones! The only problem is when I'm playing with friends and it can clutter up the screen. I also use the Wrath, Hatred, Anger, and Discipline aura all at the same time, and it can get way too colorful and cluttered. I don't want them to hate me!

You are a Aura Necro too, but i think your Weakspot could be your Mana, cause 4 Auras are very Heavy and one of your Auras eats 30% (Hatred) of your Mana also 70% left and those will get lower whit your other Auras, also i don´t think you have much Mana left, my Recommendation would be Trow your Hatred Away and let Clarity lead your Way, i know it will be Hard but Trust me, you get much Stronger then (Infinite Mana ftw!).

oh one thing i am Pretty Sure about Cosmetic Changes for Minions in the future!

Skeletons can be real Killer Machines with the Right Auras and a Totem!

Takahiro the Inferno Necromancer!
My Army of Death is Filled whit Tons of TNT:)!
Last edited by Takahiro86 on Jul 25, 2012, 12:38:10 PM
I personally believe that Skeletons were meant to be used with Minion Instability passive.

Before I got this passive, they were quite weak. They attack very slowly, don't target enemies quickly enough, and have a low enough health that they simply die too fast before they can really do much damage at all.

Sure, they were useful for blocking enemy pathing, and they did soak up a moderate amount of damage, but as a pure summoner, I found it was difficult to output enough damage.

Then I got the Minion Instability passive. What a game-changer.
I'm at the point where I can summon 3 Skellies at a time. They're supported with extra damage and extra life. Even with the extra life, they die moderately quickly, but I'm perfectly happy with that since they're essentially just bone cluster grenades, and I'll just recast it once they explode.

For those saying that these guys are underpowered, have you tried getting Minion Instability?
I'd like to see this become the summon where you summon the maximum immediately, but it uses a very large portion of mana and they don't last long. Like an 'oh shit' button or a quick spike of damage.
Your Hardcore character's carcass has made a certain buzzard very happy.
I'm really happy with this skill but:

-Make them untargetable because my party members often get confused and try to kill them(or change their looking significantly).

-Improve their AI so they will always try to attack the nearest enemy because else they are wandering around senselessly

PS:
I liked the suggestion for skins in the shop. My personal favorite would be little, crazy goblins since i use them as suicidal cluster bombs ;)
Last edited by SchnellWech on Aug 3, 2012, 6:17:17 PM
Good for swarming but have targeting issues and walk to slowly, but I know changes are coming in the future..

What I want to know is where does their % elemental damage come from? As in what is it based off?

Same with zombies, what is their %damage based off?

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info