Summon Skeletons

Spell totem + summon skeleton + faster casting +minion life = MASSIVE lag when cast. It just killed my HC lvl 50 witch. It lagged me for about 4 seconds.
"
Jintoboy wrote:
Can we get a developer to confirm whether or not the spell totem and summon skeleton interaction reduces skeleton melee/elemental/minion instability damage?

I've been getting mixed answers while searching for this answer.

So do I!
What's an ideal setup for a 4 socket piece that isn't using a Totem? I used to have Minion Damage, Added Lightning Damage and Added Fire Damage linked to Summon Skeleton, but I only just realized on the skill gem it says "Minions deal 50% less elemental damage". So would an ideal build be Added Chaos Damage in place of Lightning, since it's not Elemental the skeletons should get it all right? And instead of Added Fire Damage, would Melee Physical Damage be better?

Has anyone come up with anything better?
"
What's an ideal setup for a 4 socket piece that isn't using a Totem? I used to have Minion Damage, Added Lightning Damage and Added Fire Damage linked to Summon Skeleton, but I only just realized on the skill gem it says "Minions deal 50% less elemental damage". So would an ideal build be Added Chaos Damage in place of Lightning, since it's not Elemental the skeletons should get it all right? And instead of Added Fire Damage, would Melee Physical Damage be better?

Has anyone come up with anything better?

Minion Life unless you don't have Minion Instability, Faster Attacks otherwise is the biggest damage boost in general for minions since they all attack incredibly slowly which makes them miss on anything that doesn't stand perfectly still and is overall a great damage increase anyway. Melee Physical would work too, or Melee on Full Life(since skeletons tend to be either full or dead, rarely inbetween), saves you a bit of mana on the summon cost.
If you dont use minion instability i could suggest skele + increased duration + life + faster attacks i think its the best combination.
If you have minion instability keystone use skele + duration + minion damage + faster attacks.

rather keep the life boost and give it damage boost if using MI. double increase, yes please. and skeletons last long enough to not need increased duration for as fragile as they are anyways.
I've been using the summon skeleton + spell totem for a few days but since reaching cruel on this character it's become a real issue the first time I cast it. The screen freezes the first time I summon the totem, I try to remember to do it when I cast my aura so that the freeze doesn't kill me, however I cannot force the skeleton's to pop out until I find that fist mob.

I often forget that the first cast of the totem is going to freeze my screen for a few seconds 2 times - once when the totem is summoned and a second time when the first bunch of skeleton's are summoned.

I've now died several times because the screen is completely locked down, when it catches up I am dead.

The freeze is similair to when you summon a pet for the first time, my kiwi always locks my screen down the first time I summon it for a few seconds, although that did get marginally better when 10.0 hit.

I love the skeleton's on a totem but dying repeatedly from a game freeze and losing the experience the first time I summon it makes me sad. It's really the only skill I have encountered an issue with so far.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

"
peachii wrote:
I've been using the summon skeleton + spell totem for a few days but since reaching cruel on this character it's become a real issue the first time I cast it. The screen freezes the first time I summon the totem, I try to remember to do it when I cast my aura so that the freeze doesn't kill me, however I cannot force the skeleton's to pop out until I find that fist mob.

I often forget that the first cast of the totem is going to freeze my screen for a few seconds 2 times - once when the totem is summoned and a second time when the first bunch of skeleton's are summoned.

Some skills including Skeletons are not preloaded and the engine waits to load them into memory on the first use. I observe the same issue, however that loading time is much shorter compared to what you have described (max 1 sec.). Perhaps your PC or HDD or Video Card is slower and and needs more time.
I find skeletons very overpowered at the moment (at least in certain situations). There is no way a boss with a single-target attack can fight them out as they are easily spammable and the player can summon a few more for each killed one. You can take the Weaver as the example.

I would suggest either cast delay on that skill or add summon countermeasures to these bosses who can be easily ganged up with skellys. That mentioned above spider boss could use some poison cloud, for example.
Last edited by Kokoro on Mar 2, 2013, 5:44:31 AM
"
Kokoro wrote:
I find skeletons very overpowered at the moment (at least in certain situations). There is no way a boss with a single-target attack can fight them out as they are easily spammable and the player can summon a few more for each killed one. You can take the Weaver as the example.

I would suggest either cast delay on that skill or add summon countermeasures to these bosses who can be easily ganged up with skellys. That mentioned above spider boss could use some poison cloud, for example.

If you give bosses a counter measure for skeletons, they will most likely kill your zombies too. And then as a summoner, what is it that you can do anyway? Some bosses already do that and the fact you can keep summoning skeletons fast enough to almost keep up is the only saving grace. Yes in some cases it looks absolutely broken especially with a totem where you drop the totem then the boss basically spends the next minute trying to kill skeletons 1by1 and not doing anything. But that's kinda the only thing summoners can do against other bosses which instantly kill all your zombies and you can't resummon them.

I could see nerfs if a super tanky no corpse required summon is added, say a golem of some sort. This would serve as the personnal summoner bodyguard and would replace the skeleton current role, so skeletons could then be reworked into something else other than trash fodder spam. Until then though I don't think major nerfs to minions viability is a good way to go.
Last edited by PyrosEien on Mar 2, 2013, 6:36:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info