Lightning Arrow

I thought I'd ask how the AoE stacks with chain and pierce. Does the AoE effect kick in with every enemy hit, or is it limited to the last hit like fireball?
IGN: Iolar
LA is one of the skills where the AOE hits with every hit mob.
Or 4 times, in the case of chain.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
With Kripp showing act 3 footage... do we know how Lightning Arrow changed?
erm yes we did see the changes, but im not sure we can discuss it here or not
IGN = JBW
Hi Guys,
In OB, is it advisable to level LA to the max level? I didn't quite get the change,'Mana progression has been flattened'. Is the increase in mana cost steady now OR there will be no increase in mana cost all throughout the levels? Thanks!
I saw a patch note that basically said "redesigned from the ground up," but redesigned how? My only issue with LA before was that it was too mana hungry for the damage output. Is there a thread on the differences between LA then and now?

Edit: perhaps "mana progression has been flattened" simply means that it's more linear and less exponential, which would probably be a good thing unless they just flattened it by making the increase much more steep early on.

Edit 2: Not one person in the chats I've run across has had any idea how well LA works now. Blag.
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
Last edited by VideoGeemer on Jan 26, 2013, 5:06:02 AM
Lightning Arrow now has:

- 3 extra targets hit by AoE at all levels. Hence no more jumps in the mana - jumps were only ever triggered by adding an additional target.
- Increased physical damage on progression.
- No additional shock chance(?)
- The redesign leads to a lightning bolt on the targets that you have hit with the arrow, and not lightning bolts on targets designated by the AoE.

The only question I haven't found out is whether they converted the to on-hit AoE into on-explode AoE.
Last edited by zharmad on Jan 28, 2013, 3:15:24 AM
hi all, can someone answer me about LA.
If i use LA+chain+ fork, what will triger? every time when its chain it will be also fork in 2 arrows behind chained target?
a single arrow will split into two via fork and cause its AoE on first hit.
the two new arrows will cause thier own AoE on next AND each hit of thier chain.

fork happens before chain.
lightning arrow triggers AoE on each hit.
So in OB lightning arrow no longer shocks, but the +quality gems add shock duration... That can't be right.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info