Lightning Arrow

How does lightning Arrow hit additional nearby target interact whit lesser multiple arrow and point blank?
IGN : DCDTDito
"
DCDTDito wrote:
How does lightning Arrow hit additional nearby target interact whit lesser multiple arrow and point blank?
Multiple projectiles - each arrow can hit multiple targets, and counts the number it can hit separately from other arrows.

Point Blank - the damage penalty/bonus isn't applied. I hadn't considered that before, we may need to fix it. UPDATE: Talked with Carl, don't expect this to still be the case come 0.9.12
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
DCDTDito wrote:
Multiple projectiles - each arrow can hit multiple targets, and counts the number it can hit separately from other arrows.

Point Blank - the damage penalty/bonus isn't applied. I hadn't considered that before, we may need to fix it. UPDATE: Talked with Carl, don't expect this to still be the case come 0.9.12

Thanks so basicly if i have 3 target and shoot 1 arrow that split into 3 the first target (middle) will take 150% dmg and nearby 150% while the other will hit nearby middle for 150% in 0.9.12 right?
IGN : DCDTDito
All arrows are affected by point blank, always. The damage to extra nearby targets from lightning arrow currently is not, but this will change.
I've went through the entirety of this thread and I'm still not sure of LMP+Lightning Arrow. So I have a very nooby scenario played out inorder to clarify things for me. Let's say there are 3 monster standing next to each other and you cast LA(w/ LMP) each one of the arrows hit 1 monster. When the arrow hits the first target will it arc to the other two, resulting in each monster being dealt damage 3 times? (Consisting of an initial hit and 2 arced/bounced arrows?)

Hmm I feel silly asking this 3 months after the latest activity...
Last edited by DerWaffleHaus on Nov 1, 2012, 2:19:48 PM
"
DerWaffleHaus wrote:
I've went through the entirety of this thread and I'm still not sure of LMP+Lightning Arrow. So I have a very nooby scenario played out inorder to clarify things for me. Let's say there are 3 monster standing next to each other and you cast LA(w/ LMP) each one of the arrows hit 1 monster. When the arrow hits the first target will it arc to the other two, resulting in each monster being dealt damage 3 times? (Consisting of an initial hit and 2 arced/bounced arrows?)

Hmm I feel silly asking this 3 months after the latest activity...

i did this a few times in the past and if just 2 of the first 3 shots hit two foes, the splits (not chains or forks) will then each each other. if there are 4 foes and three are hit with the first three shots, then 3 others will take each of the splits not counting the first ones that were hit by the source of the split.

so monster a, b, c, and d are around. a, b, and c get hit by the lmp light arrows. the shot that hit a splits to b, c, and d; the shot that hit b splits to a, c, and d; the shot that hit c splits to a, b, and d.

hope that helps.
"
DerWaffleHaus wrote:
Depends how lose they are - usually only the middle one would be hit three times.

The leftmost monster is hit by the leftmost arrow, and the spread damage from the middle arrow. If it's close enough it's also hit by spread damage from the rightmost arrow. (2-3 hits)

The middle monster is hit by the middle arrow, and also by the spread damage of the leftmost arrow and the spread damage of the rightmost arrow. (3 hits)

The rightmost monster is hit by the rightmost arrow, and the spread damage from the middle arrow. If it's close enough it's also hit by spread damage from the leftmost arrow. (2-3 hits)
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Nov 1, 2012, 8:22:26 PM
Exactly what I wanted to hear =D. I just wasn't sure because I thought shotgunning wasn't allowed with Bow skils. Thanks alot, especially for responding so quickly.
I have to bring it up again because I agree with it. I've leveled my Lightning Arrow up to about maybe level 7-8 and I am really wishing I didn't. The mana cost is abhorrently high and for little benefit gained in terms of targets hit and the shock chance really doesn't help much. I might go back and level up another LA gem and stop at level 5 where I at least get one additional target and a much more manageable mana cost that would allow me to link it with Pierce or LMP. To me, this shows that there is a problem with this skill...this is the only skill that I realized that I DO NOT want to level up compared to every other skill I have and actively want to get higher levels for better benefits.

This is one of those skills that will need some re-balancing to get just right because right now it has such awesome synergy with other support gems (perhaps too good some might argue) and just trying to give it more damage for leveling incentive might make it even 'worse'.
does the radius used by the skill increase with the gem level? at the higher levels it looks like it can hit 5 or maybe 6 targets, but i dont see how it could possibly hit 5 targets "nearby", monsters just dont group up that close. or does the radius go beyond the graphical radius shown with the skill?
Last edited by DeadlyPencil on Nov 26, 2012, 1:28:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info