Lightning Arrow

Lightning Arrow is far from dead. GMP + Chain still destroys everything just fine. IT's just not new, so who's talking about it :P

The secondary Hits are exactly the same as the initial arrow.
AoE radii.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 29, 2014, 3:19:03 PM
"
elindred wrote:
I'm interested in building a character around this skill even though it seems basically dead; when I noticed that my lvl 1 gmp curse on hit lightning arrow setup was occasionally killing things, it piqued my interest.

I noticed that it's weirdly tagged, though; it's an AoE that doesn't scale with AoE damage (I read that above), and it's not a projectile but lmp/gmp work on it. Am I correct to assume that both the primary AND secondary projectiles are scaled by projectile damage modifiers? The tooltip for the primary projectile is easy to check, but not the secondaries. Can we get a confirmation on this?

I'm also curious to know the radius in units within which the secondary projectiles will seek targets. Can we get a reading on this as well so we can judge relatively based on 'known' AoEs of other area skills?

Lighting arrow is no worse than it was before. However, Tornado Shot now feel so much better, that lightning arrow now feels "useless". It isnt useless, it's just Tornado Shot OP.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Lightning Arrow + LMP + pierce from nodes/Drillneck/Proj Weakness curse = a very potent combination, in my experience. Tornado Shot gets more attention these days because its a bit unbalanced, but LA deserves some love.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Is the secondary effect damage based on the projectile damage? I want to know if I increase my projectile damage the secondary damage also scales.
The secondary Hits do count as Projectile Damage (exact same modifiers as the initial Hit). They are not based on the initial Hit though, they're calculated separately, as per usual.
Been a long long time since i used lightning arrow, was way back before they nerfed the crap out of it.

Dose the explosion still only hit 3 targets?

If so should this be reverted?

Prety sure it was nerfed at the time because of how easy it was to get max shock stacks even after they messed with the chance to shock, and now that shock stacking is nerfed prety damn hard it would seem that it's now an obsolite change
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Apr 9, 2015, 6:40:02 PM
leveled low-budget build to 89. damage was never a problem with lightning arrow

if anything tornado shot set up a bad (as in - too good) benchmark and now everything is compared to it

sure - shock stacking change cut some LA damage but it is not something that makes it unplayable. in fact most people never gave it a serious try and just stuck with FoTM
I Have some questions about Lightning Arrow

Elemental Damage Nodes( near the shadow starting area) is that only for spells? does it effect Lightning arrow? Does it affect Auras like Anger/Wrath/Hatred? Does it affect the 3 bounces off of the initial hit from lightning arrow?

Is the node Catalyze good for lightning arrow? Or is that only if my bow has elemental damage affixes
Weapon elemental Damage nodes-Does it affect Auras like Anger/Wrath/Hatred

If a Passive does not explicitly state it only applies to Spells, then it applies to everything. The Shadow starting nodes apply to Attacks, Spells and secondary Damage (Infernal Blow's explosion for example).

Anger/Wrath/Hatred grant Elemental Damage.
-Elemental Damage is Elemental Damage, so it benefits from modifiers to Elemental Damage :P
-Their Damage is dealt via an Attack (in this case, Lightning Arrow), so Weapon Elemental Damage applies as well.

LA's extra Hits are Attacks all the same. They function exactly the same as the initial arrow.

GMP + Chain is fantastic and glorious murder. I love Lightning Arrow.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Lightning Arrow is far from dead. GMP + Chain still destroys everything just fine. IT's just not new, so who's talking about it :P

The secondary Hits are exactly the same as the initial arrow.
AoE radii.

I feel like part of the reason LA isn't as satisfying as TS is that the AoE is too low, so you frequently end up thinning out packs and not killing them all at once. And then they're too spread out for the chain effect to work at all, and polishing off the pack becomes a chore.

Maybe that gets better in the beta since the packs seems to stick together more, but I think scaling up the AoE a. Bit would make the skill feel much more satisfying in the live game environment.
Last edited by C0Y0T3_SLY on Jun 1, 2015, 4:39:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info