Lightning Arrow

"
Ghork wrote:
How does Lightning arrow interact with the Physical Projectile Attack Damage and Added Fire support gems? Do they give their bonus before or after the 50% physical damage conversion?

Before convertion, obviously. If your normal attack damage is pure physical, both those gems have FULL benefit on LA damage. Same to every other source of convertion, BTW.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
thx, wasn't sure if it was the other way around
Are you abselutely sure, if you are right that would also mean weapon elemental damage would abselutely nothing for lightning arrow, if you have no elemental dmg on gear/auras. Think i'll set up a test for that scenario, as that should prove one or the other, unless support gems work in an odd manner so that they modify at the point were there's most to be gained
Last edited by Ghork on Jan 21, 2014, 2:18:45 PM
Damage Based On and Conversion occur before Damage multipliers.
The new Converted Damage benefits from the source's Damage multipliers.

Lightning Damage you gain from LA's Conversion will benefit from Physical Damage modifiers, because it's Converted from Physical Damage.

This is also why Increased Physical Damage and Increased Lightning Damage will stack additively; they are applied at the same stage and are both Increased Damage.
Hi there,

My LA gem has now reached lvl 20 for a while and I'm still wondering if it's worth to upgrade it to 20 quality.
The bonus doesn't look very tasty at first sight, but to be honest I haven't ever calculated my shock duration :p.

What's your opinion on that matter?

Thanks
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Ive been using 20/20 and not noticed much difference, I don't think quality is worth it on this gem. Would be nice if they added +0.25% increased lightning damager per 1% to it to sweeten the deal.
My Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1338089
So does the extra damage from Doomfletch come in before, or after the lightning conversion? I kinda want to use Lightning Arrow, but I don't want my extra elemental damage to go into the toilet.
Damage multipliers always apply after Conversion.
Converted Damage benefits from the same modifiers as the source would, plus whatever the new Damage type would. Lightning Damage from LA's Conversion will also benefit from Physical Damage modifiers, because it is Converted from Physical (to Lightning).

EDIT: wait no, that's not what Doomfletch does. Uh. Don't mind me?
To my understanding, Doomfletch takes your final Physical Damage (post Conversion and modifiers), and applies that as extra Elemental Damage. LA will turn it to shit.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jun 2, 2014, 11:21:48 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Damage multipliers always apply after Conversion.
Converted Damage benefits from the same modifiers as the source would, plus whatever the new Damage type would. Lightning Damage from LA's Conversion will also benefit from Physical Damage modifiers, because it is Converted from Physical (to Lightning).

EDIT: wait no, that's not what Doomfletch does.
No, that is what DoomFletch does, you were right the first time. At the point of damage calculation, Doomfletch picks a random element, and adds "Add X% of physical damage as <chosen element>" as a stat on the attack during the calculation of damage.
Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info