3.5 Chaos/Cold Storm Brand - Uber Elder✓ 10k EHP ✓ Budget ✓ HC ✓ Hierophant or Occultist

So is the updated Occultist no longer a totem build cause the PoB shows totem nodes being taken but I don't see any totem skill gems. This is my first time doing a totem build so maybe I am just not reading the PoB right.
"
Brewer555 wrote:
So is the updated Occultist no longer a totem build cause the PoB shows totem nodes being taken but I don't see any totem skill gems. This is my first time doing a totem build so maybe I am just not reading the PoB right.

Most of the brand nodes are also totem nodes. They share their space in the tree because it is too big now! :D
I may have missed it in the thread but I didnt see. Do we take the Runebinder node now that we are using Storm Brand?
"
thedoldivic wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:
Guardians/Shaper/Red Elder down.

Easiest first-week boss kills I've ever had, very smooth/deathless.

Do you recomend occultist or hierophant for this build?
ty

Occultist is better

"
hoss52486 wrote:
I may have missed it in the thread but I didnt see. Do we take the Runebinder node now that we are using Storm Brand?

Yeah it's the first keystone you should get.
livejamie
What gem of order for 5 link?
"
livejamie wrote:
"
thedoldivic wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:
Guardians/Shaper/Red Elder down.

Easiest first-week boss kills I've ever had, very smooth/deathless.

Do you recomend occultist or hierophant for this build?
ty

Occultist is better

"
hoss52486 wrote:

Yeah it's the first keystone you should get.

Is hierophant viable for end-game? High-tier syndicate encounters and uber elder for example. Or you'll have to go occultist?
"
Profatum wrote:
Is hierophant viable for end-game? High-tier syndicate encounters and uber elder for example. Or you'll have to go occultist?

CI have more survivability in my opinion here. Chaos dmg of betrayal is brutal, just ignoring that is great. And for CI, it's hard to get better than occultist...

Hierophant utility can only be see in a very specific scenario (3+ very high HP mobs together), and even then quite small (20% more dmg, at the cost of an additional cast regularly to maintain the 6th brand when you are already busy to dodge).

I don't think there any hesitation to have, and I'm not even taking curses in account.
Guys I am running this build finally in HCB

Here's my starting gear if anyone is having trouble:

Can you tell the accendency order for hiro? i looked but couldn't find it.
Progress at lvl 64 so far

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info