[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
emaster wrote:
"
tkwondave wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm somewhat lost on the upgrade priorities.

I wanna go on a 40c shopping tour. What would you suggest to upgrade next?

Best regards
Hotler

I'd suggest to buy Essence Worm ring first (10c) , put Wrath there and get Mind over Matter of not already.
If you don't struggle with current content you are at (such as low tier maps) - I'd suggest to save a bit more currency. Otherwise - replace your wands with 5Link Tremor Rod staff (15c) and put arc there, then buy some cheap helmet with +1 mine and replace Minefield with something like Controlled Destruction. This setup carried me into red maps just fine, then you can swap back to wands when you can afford better gear.

Thanks for your reply!

That means I'll get an essence worm for now and try to get a 5l tremor rod + suiting helmet. Guess that'll make life even easier than it is right now.

Best,
Hotler
Last edited by tkwondave on Dec 25, 2018, 6:53:52 PM
"
Solo_Matt wrote:
Is it not worth using Arc in the remote mine helm? and running a 6l Spire?

This is exactly what you should be doing
Thought so thanks :)
Why we travel from "doom cast" over to the big mine wheel instead of "nullification" to "blood drinker"? I know its just 10% Evasion, but i doubt we need the int with this tree :)?
Preety solid build curently 11h playtime Shaper done red elder done looking now to get that uber elder but first had to make my gems 20% quality.
dont know how to boost my dmg even higher.
Last edited by Iean on Dec 25, 2018, 10:02:21 PM
The most obvious is getting the +1 mine enchant and then dropping minefield and adding a damage support in its place.
Hi I am new to trap build and have some questions, I read through the guide and skim through some pages and still confused

1) the guide states getting innervate support on a helm is good (with place additional mine + remote mine), however, innervate does not support mine, please explain
2) when i get a peusdeo 5L on the helm, should i use GC/lightning spire on helm or 6L chest
3) what is the advantage of GC vs lightning spire
4) I dont see huge DPS btw GC OR lightning spire vs arc, why are the former better for bosses.

thx
Last edited by kchan821 on Dec 26, 2018, 12:40:32 PM
"
Iean wrote:
Preety solid build curently 11h playtime Shaper done red elder done looking now to get that uber elder but first had to make my gems 20% quality.
dont know how to boost my dmg even higher.

First thing is to replace Minefield with Controlled Destruction (or maybe Elemental Focus, whatever will work better for you). Then you can grab Throatseeker wheel, 54% to crit multiplier for 3 points seems good to boost damage (this wheel is not taken in this build tree, but I think it's good). You can also try some other gems in your Arc, such as Trap and Mine Damage instead of Added Cold. I found that added cold is not really needed, at least late in game, because everything dies in one shot anyway. I personally use Arc - Lightning Penetration - Added Lightning - Insteased Critical Strikes - Controlled Descruction - Trap and Mine Damage, but I do that in Tremor Rod, so that's 7-link (because Tremor Rod is already supported by Remote Mine). With this setup (and stacking Crit Multiplier quite a lot) I even don't use lightning spire trap for bosses, at least very rarely, because Arc kills bosses just fine.
"
emaster wrote:

First thing is to replace Minefield with Controlled Destruction (or maybe Elemental Focus, whatever will work better for you). Then you can grab Throatseeker wheel, 54% to crit multiplier for 3 points seems good to boost damage (this wheel is not taken in this build tree, but I think it's good). You can also try some other gems in your Arc, such as Trap and Mine Damage instead of Added Cold. I found that added cold is not really needed, at least late in game, because everything dies in one shot anyway. I personally use Arc - Lightning Penetration - Added Lightning - Insteased Critical Strikes - Controlled Descruction - Trap and Mine Damage, but I do that in Tremor Rod, so that's 7-link (because Tremor Rod is already supported by Remote Mine). With this setup (and stacking Crit Multiplier quite a lot) I even don't use lightning spire trap for bosses, at least very rarely, because Arc kills bosses just fine.

I was using tremor rod but it was bit mana hungry (over 100 mana per placing mines) and i felt like i missing some hp and crit. And im not a fan of replacing minefield coz this way you just remove extra 2% of regen everytime you place mines with tremor rod is fine coz you can detonate mines twice and you have awesome placing speed (you placing mines so fast that you cant even detonate all of them) but you are right with this removing cold damage and placing something else instead i will do some math and check whats better :)
"
Iean wrote:
"
emaster wrote:

I was using tremor rod but it was bit mana hungry (over 100 mana per placing mines) and i felt like i missing some hp and crit. And im not a fan of replacing minefield coz this way you just remove extra 2% of regen everytime you place mines with tremor rod is fine coz you can detonate mines twice and you have awesome placing speed (you placing mines so fast that you cant even detonate all of them) but you are right with this removing cold damage and placing something else instead i will do some math and check whats better :)

I use "15% chance to recover 10% of your mana when using a skill while affected by Clarity" Watcher's eye to help with mana sustain. As I read - it has chance to proc when you place your mines and then separate chance to proc for each mine when detonating. In that case, each place-detonate will have about 40% chance to recover 10% of mana (1 proc for place and 2 for detonate of 2 mines), which in my case is 250 mana. And it feels indeed the case, since I don't have mana problems at all, even in boss fights. I'm always at full mana unless I've taken a serious hit. Of course it takes a jewel slot which might have been taken by some other watcher's eye, like "penetrates X resistances while affected by Wrath" but it feels worth it (plus Wrath eyes are pretty expensive).

As for Minefield - I think you are loosing about 16% of dps by using it instead of Controlled Destruction (you place 4 mines instead of 2, but they all make 36% less damage, so overall Minefield gives 28% more damage over Controlled Destruction 44%). Of course if that's worth additional regen of not can only be decided by you.
Last edited by emaster on Dec 26, 2018, 8:04:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info