[3.17] Beginner Friendly Arc Mines Guide | All Content on 5L | Lvling Guide

"
N4711 wrote:
Hey bankai1009, i checked your gears. i have a n00b question about your gem setup. why you are using controlled destruction to support your skill. i mean the gem will reduce your crit chance, right?

Not sure if you quoted the wrong person or put the wrong name.. but Controlled Destruction reduces crit chance, but not down to 0& like it sounds like. It is a crit strike stat which equates to like 5-6% crit or something like that. Still have enough crit on other slots to have a good amount of overall crit %. Just like how you can get 100% crit strike to spells on wands, they do not give you 100% overall crit chance.

"
FrancoSpu wrote:
can i get some help on what to upgrade next? im having trouble doing single target dps with a 6l ice spear, and should i have more life? is there any way to have more survavility? here is my pob is someone can help https://pastebin.com/wdfHkRRj

-Jewel slot is not worth it. Spend points elsewhere until you get a better jewel.
-Redundant crit chance in Successful Detonations.
-Personally I would not use Elemental Focus passive and that saves 2 points. That gives you a total of 5 points to refund. Refund an HP or something else and you can complete the branch to Throat Seeker plus Prodigal Perfection.
-Right wand should be a cheap upgrade. About half the damage of your left wand. Like a 15% damage increase if you get a similar wand to your left hand.
-Innervate does not work with Arc Mines. Not sure if you think it does or just for the res reduction and other stats.
-Not necessary yet, but when you upgrade amulet you can get a cheap annoint until you get a Silver Oil for Apparatus.
-I'm not a fan of CotB conversion synergy, but that's up to you. I'd rather use rare rings for now.
-Replace Essence Worm when you're ready for more stats and you can use the mana you would have have used for mine reservation for Precision 1 and Skitterbots + Infernal to proc ascendancy.

In terms of survival, I have similar life and less unreserved mana than you. Mines are just not a tanky build to make up for their burst damage. Once you get more damage, you can remove some damage passives to get up to like 4.5 or 5k life. Running a second, higher level CWDT set-up plus defensive golem adds a little bit of extra defense too.

"
_PBS_ wrote:
Can someone share optimal tree for 90 lvl?

Ignore my stats as I'm playing GC mines, but something like this for Arc/single target mines. Trade HP/damage as needed depending on playstyle, add 2-point jewel slots earlier if you get good jewels.

https://pastebin.com/VKs2VqGX
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Dec 18, 2019, 4:42:54 PM
I'm not sure if I'm doing the build correctly and what should be my next upgrade investment. Sometimes when fighting bosses and throwing traps, the detonating sequence stops even though there are still traps laying on the ground. Also confused about using/not using essence worm/zealotry/skitterbots/MoM/other auras

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/matesasd/characters?characterName=BillTench
Just an FYI ive seen a few people using shaper helms with innervate for arc, Innervate will not work with traps or mines though so it doesent work for us so just be aware.
New helm this league that may interest some people that run Tremor or single mine set-up. Still around 60c right now, and should go down a lot over the next several weeks until it gets price fixed.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Crown_of_the_Inward_Eye

No resists, but extra damage, life, mana, and ES over a Shaped helm. About 100% increased damage for me between the roll and 3 transfigurations (30% of life/mana/ES % as damage)

"
matesasd wrote:
I'm not sure if I'm doing the build correctly and what should be my next upgrade investment. Sometimes when fighting bosses and throwing traps, the detonating sequence stops even though there are still traps laying on the ground. Also confused about using/not using essence worm/zealotry/skitterbots/MoM/other auras

Tremor Rod allows for mines to be detonated twice. So if mines are still on the ground after detonating the first time, that means they will disappear after the next time you detonate them.

-Redundant point in Successful Detonations wheel.
-Avoiding Elemental Focus passive saves 2 points.
Refer to the tree I posted above your post for an example 90 tree re-route to save from annointing Prodigal.
-Better amulet, really only gives life, mana, and res.
-Either lab enchant the boots you have or get new ones with flat lightning or ele pen.
-My personal opinion on auras is don't use Worm as it makes Skitter and mines cost too much and we should easily have over 2k mana (~half reserved if desired) with this build thanks to mana changes last league. My preferred set-up is now Rare ring, regular Skitter + Infernal Legion for Explosives Expert, Precision 1, and eventually Enlighten when you can afford it. You lose damage from not running Zealotry +2, but gain all the stats on the rare ring and a few hundred mana reserved which is like more HP. And there are going to be some nice rare rings to look for this league.
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
-Jewel slot is not worth it. Spend points elsewhere until you get a better jewel.
-Redundant crit chance in Successful Detonations.
-Personally I would not use Elemental Focus passive and that saves 2 points. That gives you a total of 5 points to refund. Refund an HP or something else and you can complete the branch to Throat Seeker plus Prodigal Perfection.
-Right wand should be a cheap upgrade. About half the damage of your left wand. Like a 15% damage increase if you get a similar wand to your left hand.
-Innervate does not work with Arc Mines. Not sure if you think it does or just for the res reduction and other stats.
-Not necessary yet, but when you upgrade amulet you can get a cheap annoint until you get a Silver Oil for Apparatus.
-I'm not a fan of CotB conversion synergy, but that's up to you. I'd rather use rare rings for now.
-Replace Essence Worm when you're ready for more stats and you can use the mana you would have have used for mine reservation for Precision 1 and Skitterbots + Infernal to proc ascendancy.

but having precision skitterbots+infernal isnt a bit bad with MoM? I would have 1400 more mana instead of the 30% multiplier of the ascendacy
So, in the helmet i should go for blastchain as innervate doesnt work and hyphotermia im not rly sure if it worth it
Even with the changes, im still not doing any single target dmg so maybe i just have to swap the skill? i saw you are using glacial cascade

thanks for the response!
Last edited by FrancoSpu on Dec 18, 2019, 9:11:41 PM
"
FrancoSpu wrote:
but having precision skitterbots+infernal isnt a bit bad with MoM? I would have 1400 more mana instead of the 30% multiplier of the ascendacy
So, in the helmet i should go for blastchain as innervate doesnt work and hyphotermia im not rly sure if it worth it

thanks for the response!

Precision 1 = 22 mana for 40% crit, no need to level for us.
Skitter = 35%
Skitter + Infernal = 45% mana

At 2100 mana, 10% mana is costing me 210 mana. I honestly probably don't need it at this point looking into the stats. Only a 4% damage increase against burning.. was 10% more 2 days ago. But Skitter for about 700 mana is 10% more damage, the re-triggered mines, and the effect you're lacking.. so for me as GC it is 10% more, shock multiplier, and about 5% crit.

Yea, you want Blastchain or one of the other links like Trap and Mine in Arc set-up in your helmet to make a 5L or 6L helm. Then your single target in 6L as you want to nuke the bosses with maximum damage. I haven't got an Ice Spear yet to test single target with yet, but GC is fine for single target until at least T11 that I've tested.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Dec 18, 2019, 9:17:23 PM
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
FrancoSpu wrote:

thanks for the response!

Precision 1 = 22 mana for 40% crit, no need to level for us.
Skitter = 35%
Skitter + Infernal = 45% mana

At 2100 mana, 10% mana is costing me 210 mana. I honestly probably don't need it at this point looking into the stats. Only a 4% damage increase against burning.. was 10% more 2 days ago. But Skitter for about 700 mana is 10% more damage, the re-triggered mines, and the effect you're lacking.. so for me as GC it is 10% more, shock multiplier, and about 5% crit.

Yea, you want Blastchain or one of the other links like Trap and Mine in Arc set-up in your helmet to make a 5L or 6L helm. Then your single target in 6L as you want to nuke the bosses with maximum damage. I haven't got an Ice Spear yet to test single target with yet, but GC is fine for single target until at least T11 that I've tested.

So running gc for single target and cleaning?
i made a mistake with the mana, i was still running essence worm so it way less than before
"
FrancoSpu wrote:
So running gc for single target and cleaning?
i made a mistake with the mana, i was still running essence worm so it way less than before

Yup, just GC for both for everything. Wasn't planning to switch to a single target skill, but then I got a decent Blastchain helmet last night. Once I get my gear sorted I'll start comparing 5L GC and 6L spears.

I thought so with the ring, no worries. A lot of mine builds I've found used it until mine rework.
Last edited by blackdeath101 on Dec 18, 2019, 10:11:32 PM
the gem setup in your pastebin is totally different from the gem setup that you recommended in the guide so which one should i refer to?
Hello exiles.
I'm not such a pro in PoE (and in english btw). So, few questions abous this build.
1) If u can check my profile, can u say, is it better to use Tremor Rod instead of my wand + shield?
2) I read some comments abous auras. So, i need to throw away my Worm and put on Precision (level 1) and Inf. Legion to Skitterbots?
3) What's about passive tree. Maybe i need to do some fixes on it.
That's all.
Thanks in advance for your answers ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info