[3.5] Hopeshredder Scourge Arrow | Fast beefy Mapper | Deathless Uber Elder (5M+ Shaper DPS)

Is it just me or is Hatred + Pandemonius superior DPS to Yoke + Wrath in POB?

Is it that POB doesn't calculate the DPS of these item interactions correctly even when set up properly?

Not really interested in dropping a ton of currency on a wrath shaper ring + yoke if I won't get a substantial boost compared to my current hatred + pandemonius setup.
"
Swanman8907 wrote:
"
itsmetian wrote:
first thanks for sharing the build OP.
ive got some report here based on my experience playing this build
just created a scion and decided to play this yesterday.
1. leveling part as a bow scion is a big yikes ( but again its scion ) ( and this is my first ever scion so i didnt blame OP for that )
2. started mapping and stuff, the build feels so clunky and doesnt deal damage at all up to the point i consider rerolling into another build
BUT, after i decided to fuck it ill just give it another try, trying to find out what i did wrong and trying to adapt to the playstyle of the skill and the build it start working out well.

overall, if u decided to follow this build guide, u really need to find out does the playstyle fits ur taste or can u adapt to the playstyle fast enough before u burnt out for not dealing enough damage.
since english isnt my first language sorry if i spelt anything wrong.

im at lv80 now up to t10 map. only need 1 full charge to make t10 belfry kitava change phases.

pls dont mind my ign
Spoiler

This build is not lacking in DPS, not sure what you were doing wrong but your gear seems fine. Should be able to clear up to T15-16 np with your gear.

i didnt say this build is lacking dps. pls re read what i said. u prob missing the point of my post. thanks anw.
"
itsmetian wrote:

i didnt say this build is lacking dps. pls re read what i said. u prob missing the point of my post. thanks anw.

"2. started mapping and stuff, the build feels so clunky and doesnt deal damage at all up to the point i consider rerolling into another build
BUT, after i decided to fuck it ill just give it another try, trying to find out what i did wrong and trying to adapt to the playstyle of the skill and the build it start working out well."

You clearly had no idea what you were doing, because if you use the right items and scale correctly, the build cruises through leveling and demolishes maps immediately with very little investment.

What it is NOT good for is for starting a league, as it won't work well with crappy rares and no investment at all.

Basic knowledge of PoB mechanics, how to scale which skill etc are assumed in most guides, that's probably why you should check yourself before "reviewing" a build based on your own lack of experience. Not trying to be snarky here, just saying your issues had little to do with the build or the guide itself.

Also builds aren't really tested until you hit endgame maps, tbh. Almost anything can cruise into early red maps with the right scaling.
Last edited by Miffy23 on Jan 3, 2019, 9:48:08 AM
"
itsmetian wrote:
"
Swanman8907 wrote:
"
itsmetian wrote:
first thanks for sharing the build OP.
ive got some report here based on my experience playing this build
just created a scion and decided to play this yesterday.
1. leveling part as a bow scion is a big yikes ( but again its scion ) ( and this is my first ever scion so i didnt blame OP for that )
2. started mapping and stuff, the build feels so clunky and doesnt deal damage at all up to the point i consider rerolling into another build
BUT, after i decided to fuck it ill just give it another try, trying to find out what i did wrong and trying to adapt to the playstyle of the skill and the build it start working out well.

overall, if u decided to follow this build guide, u really need to find out does the playstyle fits ur taste or can u adapt to the playstyle fast enough before u burnt out for not dealing enough damage.
since english isnt my first language sorry if i spelt anything wrong.

im at lv80 now up to t10 map. only need 1 full charge to make t10 belfry kitava change phases.

pls dont mind my ign
Spoiler

This build is not lacking in DPS, not sure what you were doing wrong but your gear seems fine. Should be able to clear up to T15-16 np with your gear.

Only problem i got so far is corridors (picked up a 21/20 rain of arrows though) , still trying to figure out how to do more single target dps
Sometimes i cant kill bosses fast enough on multiple mods so i die
still need some levels for more jewels and need to get 2socket stuff for more deeps but i am clearing all maps up to t16 and elder/shaper guardians with ease, using v1 of the build hoarding up to try v2 (farruls is so expensive and then you have unnatural instinct aswell)
"
psisensi wrote:

Only problem i got so far is corridors (picked up a 21/20 rain of arrows though) , still trying to figure out how to do more single target dps
still need some levels for more jewels and need to get 2socket stuff for more deeps but i am clearing all maps up to t16 and elder/shaper guardians with ease, using v1 of the build hoarding up to try v2 (farruls is so expensive and then you have unnatural instinct aswell)

Farrul's setup works well even without Unnatural, i switched to it today finally.

As for dying to bosses, it will happen sometimes if you don't dodge, happens to me frequently because i'm a terribad player, even if experienced.
I am probably going to work in the Phase Acrobatics node instead of some damage somewhere eventually, the build does ludicrous damage as it is anyway.
New craft is amaizing for builds with elem scourge arrow

https://pastebin.com/zqNcrTzY

Use War Banner to oneshot boss.

"
Miffy23 wrote:
Are you going to delete your old post and repost this every page now to fish?

exactly lol
Last edited by Agod_Adog on Jan 3, 2019, 1:27:49 PM
"
psisensi wrote:

yeah i do have 20/20 vaal RoA in my invent to do a gemswap for that specific reason, using scourge arrow in some tileset with lot of corridor is a big no so i gemswap to RoA when i did those kind of map. all my death count mostly from the leveling part, didnt find surviving is a problem for now. im up to t15 rn and doing amazing with the build.
for single target dps i think it is more than enough tbh, just do the frost bomb tricks and it'll be just dead in couple of max charged scourge arrow, at least thats what happen to me.
cheers
"
Agod_Adog wrote:
New craft is amaizing for builds with elem scourge arrow

https://pastebin.com/zqNcrTzY

Use War Banner to oneshot boss.

Are you going to delete your old post and repost this every page now to fish?
I wish I had realized how clunky scourge arrow is before I had invested a lot of currency into the build. Mind you, I had played bow builds before, but for me SA seems like a mechanically inferior skill to elehit or even TS, mainly due to the animation lock and how it works in narrow hallways and vs fortification encounters. The pods are really weird in targetting those doors.

I am not saying the build is bad. It's a well thought out, flexible build, and I'm absolutely sure it can crush everything. The single target is insane... when everything aligns. But man, the playstyle is not for everyone. Getting stunned by a syndicate member without overleech active means the pods don't fire and you're absolutely murdered. I'm only leveling right now, I'll try to get used to it and basically git gud, but it feels bad after my other builds, even after pretty high investment and spending a lot of time balancing my wise oak.

My gear atm:
Spoiler

"
maladeth wrote:
I wish I had realized how clunky scourge arrow is before I had invested a lot of currency into the build. Mind you, I had played bow builds before, but for me SA seems like a mechanically inferior skill to elehit or even TS, mainly due to the animation lock and how it works in narrow hallways and vs fortification encounters. The pods are really weird in targetting those doors.

I am not saying the build is bad. It's a well thought out, flexible build, and I'm absolutely sure it can crush everything. The single target is insane... when everything aligns. But man, the playstyle is not for everyone. Getting stunned by a syndicate member without overleech active means the pods don't fire and you're absolutely murdered. I'm only leveling right now, I'll try to get used to it and basically git gud, but it feels bad after my other builds, even after pretty high investment and spending a lot of time balancing my wise oak.

My gear atm:
Spoiler

Simply use Rain of Arrows for clear and Scourge for bosses or large outdoor areas. RoA scales the same way and uses almost the same links (and colours).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info